Aldridge/Booker/Evans
    Walton/udoh
    How's the Domination mode?

Default Re: NBA 2k14

I play on the 360, not next gen

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Daaaamn the Sixers are soo bad. Where can I request a trade? Pacers, Rockets or Heat pls
    Straight up... Noel is out for 6 weeks for me (I'm an athletic PG, still 6th man in January ) and there is literally nothing going, I average 22/9 assists but with 5topg. Playing on HoF for the boost in VC but it means I can only really score on PNRs and with Noel out I'm stuck with Spencer Hawes and Lawal (???) at centre. There's no shooting either apart from JRich and Anderson who aren't even that good.

Considered requesting a trade but thought I'd give it a season. If I don't win 6th man or ROY then I'll probably start a centre career

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    Straight up... Noel is out for 6 weeks for me (I'm an athletic PG, still 6th man in January ) and there is literally nothing going, I average 22/9 assists but with 5topg. Playing on HoF for the boost in VC but it means I can only really score on PNRs and with Noel out I'm stuck with Spencer Hawes and Lawal (???) at centre. There's no shooting either apart from JRich and Anderson who aren't even that good.

Considered requesting a trade but thought I'd give it a season. If I don't win 6th man or ROY then I'll probably start a centre career
    What I used to in 2k13 was use Hawes as a pick and catch/shoot kind of player because he couldn't do anything inside.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    What I used to in 2k13 was use Hawes as a pick and catch/shoot kind of player because he couldn't do anything inside.
    He never shoots in 2K14. So useless.

Btw, if you're having trouble getting assists and if you have Playstation Camera, say 'shoot' whenever you pass it and it'll be a voice command. If you dont have Playstation Camera, just plug the earphones you get with the PS4 into the controller and say 'shoot' into the microphone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen

Man, Sixers can **** themselves. As soon as I have the chance, I am out. I'll try to get two seasons done in MyCAREER before 2K15 and I want to win the championship these two years. I'm fine with rebuilding in MyGM since I can get 5+ seasons done in that, but in MyCAREER I'm trying to contend right away.

I'm seeing a lot less cheese in the 7th seed. The 3 point shooting gets out of hand and because people have super fast players who can shoot, my subpar defense can't keep up. Some people have a ridiculous amount of depth like having gold players in their bench. 2K should have added a specific matchmaking system in which you can choose to play teams that have players of similar value to yours.

I think I might start playing off ball with my center and allow the computer to defend the ball handler. I heard people think that's a bitch move, but I don't get how it is if I'm still playing against them.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    I think I might start playing off ball with my center and allow the computer to defend the ball handler. I heard people think that's a bitch move, but I don't get how it is if I'm still playing against them.
    I did the same thing in 2k13, I always get lit up from 3 guarding the ball handler, for some reason everyone can shoot 3s off the dribble.

Havent played 2k14 online much

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    I'm seeing a lot less cheese in the 7th seed. The 3 point shooting gets out of hand and because people have super fast players who can shoot, my subpar defense can't keep up. Some people have a ridiculous amount of depth like having gold players in their bench. 2K should have added a specific matchmaking system in which you can choose to play teams that have players of similar value to yours.

Trust me playing off ball doesn't work like in previous 2ks. The computer will always back off and for some reason it's easier for the user to get by the cpu.

I tried this in myteam on 360 before I got the x1 and it doesn't work. I had to switch back to on ball d.

3s are just ridiculous in this game still. I played a dude that shot 19/39 from deep with deron williams. All he did was shot threes with him and monta.

I would jump and contest every shot but he would still make enough to make the game tough. I only won by like 1 or 2 points.

It's frustrating when you run across cheesy players like that but it's part of the online experience.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Trust me playing off ball doesn't work like in previous 2ks. The computer will always back off and for some reason it's easier for the user to get by the cpu.

I tried this in myteam on 360 before I got the x1 and it doesn't work. I had to switch back to on ball d.

3s are just ridiculous in this game still. I played a dude that shot 19/39 from deep with deron williams. All he did was shot threes with him and monta.

I would jump and contest every shot but he would still make enough to make the game tough. I only won by like 1 or 2 points.

It's frustrating when you run across cheesy players like that but it's part of the online experience.
    I think there is an option to have the computer contest every shot. Saw it on a video, but I forgot how to change the option.

Love Live Life

Man the people on Park mode are idiots!

My record is 9 - 29 cause of people not knowing how to play team ball.

Everybody wanna play hero ball.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Man the people on Park mode are idiots!

My record is 9 - 29 cause of people not knowing how to play team ball.

Everybody wanna play hero ball.
    Yeah it's quite annoying, I'm sitting on a 13-30 record I think. A couple losses due to games disconnecting though I think.

5 on 5 is unplayable, unless you hog the ball or get a rebound and go coast to coast you ain't getting the ball or getting any stats. 3 on 3 can be fun when you occasionally get teammates who actually pass, set screens, etc. but a lot of the time you have at least one player who dribbles into a crowd and/or shoots every damn time, in which case, I try to keep the ball out of that players hands at all costs.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Yeah it's quite annoying, I'm sitting on a 13-30 record I think. A couple losses due to games disconnecting though I think.

5 on 5 is unplayable, unless you hog the ball or get a rebound and go coast to coast you ain't getting the ball or getting any stats. 3 on 3 can be fun when you occasionally get teammates who actually pass, set screens, etc. but a lot of the time you have at least one player who dribbles into a crowd and/or shoots every damn time, in which case, I try to keep the ball out of that players hands at all costs.
    So true.

I've only played like 2 5v5. Every time I try the game lags or you get stuck in the " I got next" spot.

I mainly just do 2v2 and 3v3 now. It's fun when you have good teammates and the game isn't lagging.

Man I seen a dude jump clear over a defender and dunk the ball last night. Shit was sick!

Dude was a shooting guard and all he did was drive and dunk on people.

I got a All around SF and I'm thinking bout switching up to a pg or a sg cause at the moment it's hard to guard pg/sg

NBA Superstar

It seems many retailers are honoring 2K14 refunds due to the game's severe technical difficulties: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...retailers.html