Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2007, 05:16 AM   #1
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star
 
sixerfan3511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,667
Default So with Joe Smith gone, this is our likely roster

C: Dalembert, Hunter
PF: Hunter, Randolph, Jason Smith, Amundson
SF: Carney, Korver, Young, Jones
SG: Iguodala, Carney, Green, Byars
PG: Miller, Williams, Ollie

Carney, Iguodala and Korver will log most of the minutes at the wings, with Green playing combo guard. Miller and Williams will get all the minutes most likely at PG. Dalembert, Hunter, Smith and Randolph(if healthy) will get the PT at the bigs. Thad Young, Byars and Jones will get spot playing time to start out with. I don't want us to sign any1 this off season...
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:21 AM   #2
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star
 
sixerfan3511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,667
Default Re: So with Joe Smith gone, this is our likely roster

actually, Amundson or Hill won't make it. Every1 else is safe
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
ppierce34
I rule the local playground
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 572
Default Re: So with Joe Smith gone, this is our likely roster

I imagine they want to move someone in the group of Carney, Green, Hunter and Ollie so they can keep both Amundson and Hill on the roster as word is they seem to like both.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
marny_navis
Banned
 
marny_navis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,733
Default Re: So with Joe Smith gone, this is our likely roster

Weren't you guys grooming Thaddeus Young as a power forward?
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:45 AM   #5
artificial
:-P
 
artificial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: alone with everyone
Posts: 4,580
Default Re: So with Joe Smith gone, this is our likely roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
Weren't you guys grooming Thaddeus Young as a power forward?
who? anyway, it will probably take Young a couple of seasons before he can really contribute. At least I'm not expecting much this season.

For the moment, he seems like a SF, though he has rebounded very well in the summer league, so maybe he could play some PF when Philly goes small ball. But again, as of now he would be a SF imo.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
KKittles30
#30 Forever 'Nova!
 
KKittles30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 317
Default Re: So with Joe Smith gone, this is our likely roster

C: Samuel Dalembert, Jason Smith

PF: Thaddeus Young, Steven Hunter, Louis Amundson,Shavlik Randolph

SF: Kyle Korver, Rodney Carney,Derrick Byars

SG: Andre' Iguodala,Willie Green,Bobby jones

PG: Andre' Miller, Lou Williams,


the run and gun style is taking over in the NBA so this seems like the best bet for Iladelph. that's more the way it should be all that slashing and penetrating and korver should be getting open look after open look all day..then bring Lou and co. off the bench and let'em run and gun..
KKittles30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:40 PM   #7
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star
 
sixerfan3511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,667
Default Re: So with Joe Smith gone, this is our likely roster

we would never start Thad at PF, unless we're playing the Mavs or Suns...

I think this should be our lineup:

C: Dalembert
PF: Randolph(if healthy, if not then Hunter)
SF: Carney
SG: Iguodala
PG: Miller

And the guys off the bench that should play are:

Smith
Randolph/Hunter
Green
Williams
Young/Jones/Byars(whoever is most ready)

If/Once we're eliminated from the playoffs, we should play Thad, Byars and Smith a lot more
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:36 AM   #8
artificial
:-P
 
artificial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: alone with everyone
Posts: 4,580
Default Re: So with Joe Smith gone, this is our likely roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
we would never start Thad at PF, unless we're playing the Mavs or Suns...

I think this should be our lineup:

C: Dalembert
PF: Randolph(if healthy, if not then Hunter)
SF: Carney
SG: Iguodala
PG: Miller

And the guys off the bench that should play are:

Smith
Randolph/Hunter
Green
Williams
Young/Jones/Byars(whoever is most ready)

If/Once we're eliminated from the playoffs, we should play Thad, Byars and Smith a lot more
Agree with that, but with the way Carney played last season, I'm really hoping he worked / is working his ass off and is ready to contribute this season.

That's the only worry I have, but overall I agree with that lineup. Korver seems to be more comfortable coming off the bench. I don't think Young is able to contribute at all at this point.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:14 AM   #9
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star
 
sixerfan3511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,667
Default Re: So with Joe Smith gone, this is our likely roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
Agree with that, but with the way Carney played last season, I'm really hoping he worked / is working his ass off and is ready to contribute this season.

That's the only worry I have, but overall I agree with that lineup. Korver seems to be more comfortable coming off the bench. I don't think Young is able to contribute at all at this point.

It is just summer league, but Carney has shown vast improvements in his game. IDK if you've watched at all...but i watched and his shot looks a lot smoother and his drives are crisper. He's still quick as a cat. Obviously he and Young need to improve their ball handling. But i believe Young can contribute more than people think based strictly on his basketball IQ and athleticism. The guy can rebound very well for a SF, and he makes a lot of "right place, right time" plays. Gets a lot of put backs...garbage buckets. Now imagine when he's actually refined...look out!
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:25 PM   #10
XavierTTTJ
Saw a basketball once
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4
Angry Re: So with Joe Smith gone, this is our likely roster

All this optimism about the Sixers is so amusing. Have any of you wondered why the Sixers haven't made any trades or signed any free agents? Most good free agents wouldn't even dream of playing for a team they know don't stand a chance of making the playoffs. And, other than Iguodala and Miller, most of the others have no marketable trade value.Couple that with Cheeks lousy coaching and King's ineptness as a GM, you have a team headed back to the lottery. Look, I want the Sixers to do well, but as long as King is running this franchise, the Sixers are the equivalent of basketball purgatory. This Sixers team scares no one. And King should have been fired years ago. I truly miss 'AI.'
XavierTTTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:48 PM   #11
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star
 
sixerfan3511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,667
Default Re: So with Joe Smith gone, this is our likely roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierTTTJ
All this optimism about the Sixers is so amusing. Have any of you wondered why the Sixers haven't made any trades or signed any free agents? Most good free agents wouldn't even dream of playing for a team they know don't stand a chance of making the playoffs. And, other than Iguodala and Miller, most of the others have no marketable trade value.Couple that with Cheeks lousy coaching and King's ineptness as a GM, you have a team headed back to the lottery. Look, I want the Sixers to do well, but as long as King is running this franchise, the Sixers are the equivalent of basketball purgatory. This Sixers team scares no one. And King should have been fired years ago. I truly miss 'AI.'

i have truly noticed that you have only 2 posts here, and you're already being a pessimistic a$$hole who's only purpose in life is to come into forums and talk $hit. Well here u go...Miller and Iggy aren't the only guys with "market value", Korver is one of the hottest commodities and we don't want to trade him...you know why? cuz he's one of the best, if not the best, shooters in the league. We also have a lot of young guys who have value...Thad Young, Lou Will, Rodney Carney, Jason Smith...as for Cheeks being a "lousy" coach, how did he do last year with a so-called "$hitty" team? only the 9th best record in the East and a 30-28 mark after AI was traded...that's all. He and AI were good friends, but he just couldn't coach him...it just wasn't possible. As for "fearing" us, well there are only a few teams that the big boys "fear", and thats Phoenix, San Antonio, Chicago, Detroit, and probably Utah, Cleveland and Dallas(just because of their meltdown last year). That leaves 23 other teams that are not "feared". I like how people talk about how King should have gotten fired years ago. Look at his track record, he's done very well in drafts...either trading for picks or selecting at his own pick. He's made good trades...one being Snow and another being KT(2 guys he overpaid for). All he's done is re-sign his own free agents for too much money. Really hasn't done THAT bad of a job...you wanna see bad look at Isaih, Scott Layden, Rob Babcock and Kevin McHale. I'm out...
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:22 PM   #12
artificial
:-P
 
artificial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: alone with everyone
Posts: 4,580
Default Re: So with Joe Smith gone, this is our likely roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierTTTJ
All this optimism about the Sixers is so amusing. Have any of you wondered why the Sixers haven't made any trades or signed any free agents? Most good free agents wouldn't even dream of playing for a team they know don't stand a chance of making the playoffs. And, other than Iguodala and Miller, most of the others have no marketable trade value.Couple that with Cheeks lousy coaching and King's ineptness as a GM, you have a team headed back to the lottery. Look, I want the Sixers to do well, but as long as King is running this franchise, the Sixers are the equivalent of basketball purgatory. This Sixers team scares no one. And King should have been fired years ago. I truly miss 'AI.'
Mind to point out who is being so optimistic about the Sixers? The only poster I see doing so is KKittles30 who happens to not be a representative member of this forum.

Other than that, I really don't see anyone doing outrageous predictions nor being too delusional about next season.

And yes, King should have never been born. Bring Croce back
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #13
Odenorbust
I rule the local playground
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 410
Default Re: So with Joe Smith gone, this is our likely roster

Were in bad shape... and we will be for a few years. Unless Igouudala turns into Kobe... which isn't happening were stuck sitting without a superstar. We need to draft one.. and there's no way we will pony up the money to sign one.
Odenorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:05 AM   #14
XavierTTTJ
Saw a basketball once
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4
Default Re: So with Joe Smith gone, this is our likely roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
i have truly noticed that you have only 2 posts here, and you're already being a pessimistic a$$hole who's only purpose in life is to come into forums and talk $hit. Well here u go...Miller and Iggy aren't the only guys with "market value", Korver is one of the hottest commodities and we don't want to trade him...you know why? cuz he's one of the best, if not the best, shooters in the league. We also have a lot of young guys who have value...Thad Young, Lou Will, Rodney Carney, Jason Smith...as for Cheeks being a "lousy" coach, how did he do last year with a so-called "$hitty" team? only the 9th best record in the East and a 30-28 mark after AI was traded...that's all. He and AI were good friends, but he just couldn't coach him...it just wasn't possible. As for "fearing" us, well there are only a few teams that the big boys "fear", and thats Phoenix, San Antonio, Chicago, Detroit, and probably Utah, Cleveland and Dallas(just because of their meltdown last year). That leaves 23 other teams that are not "feared". I like how people talk about how King should have gotten fired years ago. Look at his track record, he's done very well in drafts...either trading for picks or selecting at his own pick. He's made good trades...one being Snow and another being KT(2 guys he overpaid for). All he's done is re-sign his own free agents for too much money. Really hasn't done THAT bad of a job...you wanna see bad look at Isaih, Scott Layden, Rob Babcock and Kevin McHale. I'm out...





I can post whatever I feel like posting you uneducated, diseased, piece of ****. Anyone who thinks King has done a good job as GM, obviously knows nothing about the game of basketball and shouldn't even be allowed to comment on it. When you can speak intelligently about a topic without reducing yourself to juvenile replies, you might be worth listening to. Until then, if you don't like what I post, don't comment on it. Oh, and one more thing, go f**k yourself.
XavierTTTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 05:32 AM   #15
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star
 
sixerfan3511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,667
Default Re: So with Joe Smith gone, this is our likely roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierTTTJ
I can post whatever I feel like posting you uneducated, diseased, piece of ****. Anyone who thinks King has done a good job as GM, obviously knows nothing about the game of basketball and shouldn't even be allowed to comment on it. When you can speak intelligently about a topic without reducing yourself to juvenile replies, you might be worth listening to. Until then, if you don't like what I post, don't comment on it. Oh, and one more thing, go f**k yourself.

uneducated, diseased piece of $hit
Speak intelligently about a topic WITHOUT reducing yourself to juvenile replies
until then...go f**k yourself

Your saying that im speaking unintelligently and juvenile...and u said all that, that is being a hypocrite in my book. If my writing isn't worth listening to...then why did you read it? why are you responding? You obviously don't even know how to back up what you say, because all i see here is "bla, bla, bla im talking out my a$$, bla, bla bla."

I never said King has done a good job, im just saying he hasn't necessarily done a HORRIBLE job, which is what you make it out to be. Seems to be i wasn't the one throwing out retarded insults like you...i was the one actually giving concrete examples as to why you are an idiot. Please, don't waste my time any longer...my IQ has already dropped by reading what you write. And btw, you don't "listen" to what people write...you read it
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

NBA Free Agency

NBA Summer Leagues

Utah Summer League

Sacramento Summer League

Vegas NBA Summer League

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy