Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 08-29-2006, 12:40 AM   #1
PFunk
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Louis Williams

I dont know if thats how you spell his first name, but sixers fans, you know who i'm talking about. Does anyone think this guy's gonna get some playing time this year. I understand with AI in the backcourt, there isn't many minutes left, but he's def talented. Is he more of point guard or shooting guard? If you could get AI and him blazing downcourt that could be fun to watch.
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:21 PM   #2
Rapsfan4life
I rule the local playground

Louis Williams is a keeper. He should get more playing time.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:17 PM   #3
AI09
Sixers Dynasty

Louis Williams impressed me in the rocky mountian revnue. I think he can be a good player in this leauge. He will get more playing time than last year but I don't expect him to get big minutes for another 2 or 3 years. I would love to see him on the court with AI running up and down the court. Williams reminds me of ai when he was younger, not as good but they had that offensive spark and both want to take as many shots as possible in the system they are playing in. I can't wait to see Louis Williams when he reaches his full potential and I hope hes still with the sixers when he does.
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:28 PM   #4
The Answer
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk
I dont know if thats how you spell his first name, but sixers fans, you know who i'm talking about. Does anyone think this guy's gonna get some playing time this year. I understand with AI in the backcourt, there isn't many minutes left, but he's def talented. Is he more of point guard or shooting guard? If you could get AI and him blazing downcourt that could be fun to watch.

He and AI might make an exciting backcourt, but they wouldn't work because they would be horrible defensively.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:37 PM   #5
irimus
Learning to shoot layups

i think he is very talented but he is more a 2...so playing alongside a.i. would mean a verrrrry small backourt..too small i think for nba
irimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:45 PM   #6
idizzle
Good college starter

Default Re: Louis Williams

Here is some stuff that I read about Louis Williams on Yahoo Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...=lgns&expire=1

Louis Williams, Philadelphia 76ers Williams is not a true point guard; he is a scorer. He averaged 25.2 points and produced several high-scoring games because his quickness makes him so difficult to guard. He gets into the lane and dishes to teammates (5 assists per game) and gets to the free-throw line (13.6 attempts a game), which makes him very efficient. He does, however, tend to pound the ball instead of finding open teammates, which is not ideal when you have Andre Iguodala running out in front

He was putting up good numbers in the D-League last summer and this summer. I think he will be getting more minute this season and if Andre Miller gets traded this season, I think Louis Williams will be a good as a starter.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:42 PM   #7
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Answer
He and AI might make an exciting backcourt, but they wouldn't work because they would be horrible defensively.

he's talking about AI as in Iguodala, and if you knew that then your dumb, cuz Iggy is one of the better defenders in the league. Iverson is now longer on our team, just thought i should let u know
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:42 PM   #8
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by irimus
i think he is very talented but he is more a 2...so playing alongside a.i. would mean a verrrrry small backourt..too small i think for nba

again, AI=Iguodala, IVERSON IS A NUGGET NOW NEWS FLASH!
Old 07-18-2007, 05:09 PM   #9
Agent_Zero
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
he's talking about AI as in Iguodala, and if you knew that then your dumb, cuz Iggy is one of the better defenders in the league. Iverson is now longer on our team, just thought i should let u know

The date of that post was like last year. Calm down. The Answer is one of the most knowledgeable posters on this site.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #10
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
The date of that post was like last year. Calm down. The Answer is one of the most knowledgeable posters on this site.

Lou Will didn't do anything last year...so idk what they're talking about. He's lighting it up this year, not last year
Old 07-19-2007, 12:39 AM   #11
artificial
:-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
Lou Will didn't do anything last year...so idk what they're talking about. He's lighting it up this year, not last year
You can tell by the date that he was talking about last offseason, where expectations on a ready to contribute Louis were still there (for some people).
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:17 AM   #12
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
You can tell by the date that he was talking about last offseason, where expectations on a ready to contribute Louis were still there (for some people).

o haha, wow, i jus realized that the date is right there, i've been posting here for a good amount of time, probly over a year, and i just now realized that
Old 09-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #13
insidehoops
Administrator

This is the season that Louis probably has to establish himself, at least as a very good backup. He showed nice stuff in summer league
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: