Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan23
    How can't you be crazy about him? He's undersized but his footwork is better then almost all NBA players and he can shoot the lights out. His passing game has gotten way better this year.

He's 6'3" which is the same as Eric Gordon, plays the same game and already played it better last year then EG. Even if Curry's ceiling is shooter off the bench how don't you want that on your team? He 'will' win big games for you so if you draft him and he's just a shooter, you get dibs on a low cost assassin from long range. You win.
    Even in a shallow draft, picking him 8th is preposterous. Better than EG, when, how, where?

NBA sixth man of the year

Dash, how is that in your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Paul Mooney or the tag? I replaced the i in sh[COLOR=Black]i[/COLOR]t with an exclamation point.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Looks like Paul Mooney. It's who I always picture behind the keyboard when I see Dasher post.

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Even in a shallow draft, picking him 8th is preposterous. Better than EG, when, how, where?
    As a pure shooter Curry is over Gordon. Have you not watched?

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan23
    As a pure shooter Curry is over Gordon. Have you not watched?
    No he is not. Gordon gets beautiful elevation on his shot and is better at catching and shooting. Curry is an incredibly streaky set shooter. Gordon has better handles, and has every single physical advantage over except possibly length. Put Eric on a Southern Conference team and tell him to take as many shots as he pleases, he would have put up much better numbers than Curry because he can get to the rack at will with both athleticism, and herky jerky moves.

Paul Mooney or the tag? I replaced the i in sh[COLOR=Black]i[/COLOR]t with an exclamation point.
    That's what I thought.

Sweet.

Knicks promised Chandler the same thing, he got picked and it's been going well, so...

/wait and see mode on

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Knicks promised Chandler the same thing, he got picked and it's been going well, so...

/wait and see mode on
    That was different, though. Wilson Chandler wasn't promised a spot in the top 10.

No he is not. Gordon gets beautiful elevation on his shot and is better at catching and shooting. Curry is an incredibly streaky set shooter. Gordon has better handles, and has every single physical advantage over except possibly length. Put Eric on a Southern Conference team and tell him to take as many shots as he pleases, he would have put up much better numbers than Curry because he can get to the rack at will with both athleticism, and herky jerky moves.
    Umm... I totally disagree. I didn't mention numbers once. Curry's footwork is impecable. With a pro team and a coach like D'Antoni to use him he will be an awesome. I refuse to use a term like 'herky jerky' to analyze a player.

Steph is going to kill people for his whole career. Eric Gordon, whom I'm a big fan of, don't get me wrong, will tail off when he loses any of his athleticism even by a half a step. Steve Francis used to be insane too, remember. Undersized athletic scoring guards not named Allen Iverson have incredibly short career paths.

'n I don't know how you slam Curry for playing in a small conference when Gordon plays for the Clippers. Curry proved himself playing big time competition. He can ball.
    Last edited by indiefan23; 05-11-2009 at 03:26 PM.

Going 1-12 from deep is proving yourself. Curry is a smaller Robert Vaden with at great deal of pub because he was this year's chosen it guy. If your team picks him in the top 10, the GM should be fired. Every year there are comparable talents to Steph who go undrafted. He is not worth a first round pick, let alone a lottery pick.

Kid is going to get abused by every guard in the NBA.

Going 1-12 from deep is proving yourself. Curry is a smaller Robert Vaden with at great deal of pub because he was this year's chosen it guy. If your team picks him in the top 10, the GM should be fired. Every year there are comparable talents to Steph who go undrafted. He is not worth a first round pick, let alone a lottery pick.
    I really do wish we were friends, cuz in 5 years I'll have insta-smack to go to any time you want to disagree with me. "yea, remember when you said Stephen Curry shouldn't be drafted in the top 10 of a brutally weak draft year, was a smaller Robert Vaden and wasn't much different then all the shooters who go undrafted?" "yea?" "Well, same thing." "Hey, you know his father sank more 3's in a season then anyone and had a 15 year career, right?" "yea, I knew that" "just checking"

It'd be great to bring up every time Curry sinks a dagger vs some team that didn't fight through a screen after a double team on their star during some huge playoff moment. That's beyond the fact that he's most likely capable of backing up PG too. Anyway...

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Come on now, Curry isn't as bad as people are putting him out to be. He'll be a fine player in D'Antoni's system. If D'Antoni could turn Barbosa, a guy who has virtually no point guard skills into the 6th man of the year, he shouldn't have problems with making Curry a serviceable player.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Come on now, Curry isn't as bad as people are putting him out to be. He'll be a fine player in D'Antoni's system. If D'Antoni could turn Barbosa, a guy who has virtually no point guard skills into the 6th man of the year, he shouldn't have problems with making Curry a serviceable player.
    Yea, exactly. How is saying that he's going to be small defensively on a Mike D'Antonio team make any sense? If guys like Boobie Gibson/Derek Fischer/Steve Kerr and hey, why not say Dell Curry, can be shooters on finalist/championship teams what reason in the world you would give for saying Stephen Curry could not?

He's already been looked over once when no major programs would take him. He destroyed some of those schools in the tournament. Curry's not going to shut anyone down but I can tell you one thing: there are going to be some teams killed by him.