Default Klay Thompson did well at Warriors workout

The trendy draft pick to land with the Warriors at No. 11 overall finally worked out in front of Golden State executives. And Klay Thompson, according to a few onlookers, did not disappoint. The Washington State guard, one of the nation's top scorers as a junior, showed exactly why he's considered one of the sleepers in this draft. At Friday's private, six-player workout at the Warriors facility, Thompson flaunted his premier shooting stroke and high basketball IQ in front of co-owner Joe Lacob, coach Mark Jackson and the entire basketball operations staff. Bay Area News Group

Listed at 6-foot-7 with a 6-9 wingspan, he would bring much-needed size to the Warriors' backcourt. Thompson, who played three years in college, also figures to be ready to contribute right away. That's important for the Warriors, who can't trade the No. 11 pick to acquire veteran talent because teams are prohibited from trading first-round picks two years in a row. Their 2012 first-rounder went to New Jersey in the July 2008 trade for Marcus Williams. Bay Area News Group

Default Re: Klay Thompson did well at Warriors workout

I wouldnt mind Sixers taking him because he can shoot and play off the ball very well.

Dont need him.Chris Singleton or Marcus Morris please.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I wouldnt mind Sixers taking him because he can shoot and play off the ball very well.
    Why do you need more SG's or SF's?

He's one of my favorite players in this draft, but not for the Warriors unless they're planning on moving Monta.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Why do you need more SG's or SF's?
    Jrue Holiday/Lou Williams
    Jodie Meeks/Evan Turner
    Andre Iguodala

Sixers need a big man who can defend, rebound and as well as play pick n roll. But more importantly a physical prescence because Speights cant defend and Elton Brand playing Center is asking too much when you can have him play his natrual position and recieve better results.

But Sixers also have more needs than just a big man. They need a scorer. They need a perimeter threat who can stretch the floor. Jodie Meeks is the only guy on this roster who is a certified shooter and can hit the 3 ball from downtown. Jrue is solid but other than Meeks who else provides perimeter scoring? Sixers arent a very good 3pt shooting team overall. Not really a good shooting team overall.

Klay Thompson fits that player who can help this area out while having more upside/potential than Jodie Meeks. Klay could be a starting SG with Meeks backing him up. Meeks really isnt a legit starting SG but a valuable guard to have backup your starting SG. Evan Turner can play SF and be Iggy's replacement.

Where does that leave Lou if Klay is as good as advertised? Iguodala, Speights, Nocioni (basically an expirer), Lou Williams becomes players who are trade bait. If they cant bring you back size to help fill the need of a rebounding, defending big? Then

Another perimeter player I'd consider is Jordan Hamilton. I'd take him at 16 over a big, even Klay Thompson. Marshon Brooks is someone I'd consider but not sure if I'd pull the trigger over say Markief Morris or Vucevic.

Sixers needs may be big, but if a perimeter talent is there at 16 with better talent, value than the big thats available? Take them, especially since Iggy is more likely to be traded than not.

Sidenote: I dont see Thad as a starter. 6th man giving you 26-28mins off the bench of instant offense playing SF/PF whatever matchup he can exploite and take advantage of.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Thompson would be a good fit for us, but I think we're going to end up with Singleton most likely, maybe Jimmer if he's still on the board, or Biyombo, but I doubt he'll be available still.

Decent college freshman

Sixers GM said they aren't taking anyone under 6'8 or something like that. They definitely want a big. I think its down to Markieff and Vuvecic. I'd be shocked at anyone else unless someone crazy falls. Montejiunas might have a small chance. Morris has seemingly impressed. He's tough on D, a very good rebounder and he can knock down shots. Vuvecic or Montejiunas would be good fits since this team has so little shooting. They can help space the floor and knock down shots. Vuvecic seems like he'd be a pretty good defensive rebounder too. Some say the difference between him and Kanter is minimal

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Sixers GM said they aren't taking anyone under 6'8 or something like that. They definitely want a big. I think its down to Markieff and Vuvecic. I'd be shocked at anyone else unless someone crazy falls. Montejiunas might have a small chance. Morris has seemingly impressed. He's tough on D, a very good rebounder and he can knock down shots. Vuvecic or Montejiunas would be good fits since this team has so little shooting. They can help space the floor and knock down shots. Vuvecic seems like he'd be a pretty good defensive rebounder too. Some say the difference between him and Kanter is minimal
    The 76ers haven't decided to take a big man with the 16th pick in the June 23 NBA Draft, according to team president Rod Thorn.

In an email response Tuesday night, Thorn said the Sixers "have not determined which way we will go concerning position. It depends on who is available and what we may or may not do before the draft."
    Sixers have said that while big is a need, they wont pass up a perimeter talent if one were to fall to them. I never heard the not drafting anyone under 6'8 claim.

In my mock draft i have Motiejunas dropping to 76'ers

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    In my mock draft i have Motiejunas dropping to 76'ers
    I know nothing about him besides reading about him being lazy and having work ethic issues.

I wouldnt be against drafting some international flavor. Cant recall the last international player the Sixers drafted and kept.

Who does he compare too? Can he pick n pop? Jrue needs a big man to work with.

My theory is that Klay purposefully tanked in other workouts, both due to the uptempo style that Golden State plays suiting his slippery, and also due to the fact the bay area suits his taste in herbal medicine. Klay was smiling when they called his name, like "oooohhh wheee MMJ card here I come !!"

dig the pick for us

Local High School Star MoBe1Kanobi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Dont need him.Chris Singleton or Marcus Morris please.

kill urself

Quote Originally Posted by MoBe1Kanobi

kill urself
    ok