Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome

Default Which inevitable Kobe milestone this season will sting his haters the most?

1. Passing Kareem with his 16th All NBA team selection AND Karl Malone for Most 1st team All NBA selections (12) (Most All-Time)

Kobe haters like to pretend that Kobe's legacy relies on RINGSZZZ reality is that Kobe's legacy stacks up well against anyone else's even when you completely ignore the postseason.

2. Passing Jordan in career points (3rd all time)

Jordan mythologists are forever insecure. This is sure to rustle their panties.

3. Passing West, Drexler and Pippen in career assists (Most Assists from a non PG of All-Time)

The ball hogging selfish shot jacker assisted his teammates more than any other non PG in history. Facts are facts.
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
HoopsFanNumero1
Good college starter

Default Re: Which inevitable Kobe milestone this season will sting his haters the most?

You guys sure are obsessed with haters.
HoopsFanNumero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:58 AM   #3
I<3NBA
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Which inevitable Kobe milestone this season will sting his haters the most?

none. he won't be doing any of those. he's finished.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:17 AM   #4
Dro

None..All three of those are milestones that you get from playing a long time, not because you are better than any particular player. The all-nba first teams are impressive however.
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:23 AM   #5
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro
None..All three of those are milestones that you get from playing a long time, not because you are better than any particular player. The all-nba first teams are impressive however.

anyone can play a long time sure

but not anyone can play at a 1st team all nba level for 20 years.

kobes doing it. no one else ever has

sure a guy can stick around for 2 decades as a journey man averaging 5ppg

but not anyone can stick around for 2 decades as his teams franchise player in the biggest market still averaging 27/6/5 with a winning record

you're a jackass for thinking anyone can do these things. only kareem came close to this level before in nba history
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #6
Hoopz2332
College star

These records make a hater smile

KOBE RECORDS:

Kobe= NBA record most missed shots in a game

Kobe= NBA record most missed shots in a regular season

Kobe= NBA record most missed game winners

Kobe= NBA record most missed buzzer beaters

Kobe= NBA record worst shot attempt to assist ratio (this screams selfishness)

Kobe= NBA record only finals MVP to not shoot above 50% in a single finals game (he did it in 2009 and 2010)

Kobe= NBA record worst shooting performance by any finals MVP in history (40% shooting)
Hoopz2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:32 AM   #7
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

Passing MJ is gonna hurt
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:33 AM   #8
miller-time

I don't think the points one is a big deal, Jordan has played less games and is still ahead of him. If Jordan didn't retire once let alone twice he would be miles ahead of Kobe.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:34 AM   #9
Dro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
anyone can play a long time sure

but not anyone can play at a 1st team all nba level for 20 years.

kobes doing it. no one else ever has

sure a guy can stick around for 2 decades as a journey man averaging 5ppg

but not anyone can stick around for 2 decades as his teams franchise player in the biggest market still averaging 27/6/5 with a winning record

you're a jackass for thinking anyone can do these things. only kareem came close to this level before in nba history
You're a jackass for putting words in my mouth. Nowhere in my post does it say ANYONE can do these things. And I also said the all-nba teams were impressive, or do you have Kobe's dick so far in your mouth that you just read what you want to.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:35 AM   #10
Dro

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
I don't think the points one is a big deal, Jordan has played less games and is still ahead of him. If Jordan didn't retire once let alone twice he would be miles ahead of Kobe.
Anybody with a brain would not assume one player is a better scorer than another simply because they played longer and scored more points. Everyone knows Kobe is not as great a scorer as MJ. Karl Malone is ahead of Kobe but even Malone is not as great a scorer is as Kobe.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:39 AM   #11
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt

Don't Lebron haters (Kobe stans) try to discredit Lebron by saying he is playing in a weak era whereas Kobe went up against "top notch" defenders in the late 90's and early 2000's?

Passing MJ on the alltime list isn't that big of a deal at all;

1. He has played more games than MJ.
2. To use your own arguments against yourself, Kobe has played half of his career in a weak NBA.

The All NBA selections are a great achievement though. No doubt.
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #12
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro
You're a jackass for putting words in my mouth. Nowhere in my post does it say ANYONE can do these things. And I also said the all-nba teams were impressive, or do you have Kobe's dick so far in your mouth that you just read what you want to.

you just pass off longevity like its nothing

"just cause someone does it longer doesnt mean theyre better"

uhhh ya.. it does

a guy like tmac can play like michael jordan or kobe bryant in their prime for a few years. but he only did it for a few years. and thats why hes ranked so low all time with a peak that reached epic proportions

and a guy who wins 1 title... ya hes a champion. but a guy who wins titles for a long time will be ranked higher

and a guy who has 2-3 all nba 1st teams is not as good as someone with 11

longevity at the highest level is what determines careers
Old 10-03-2013, 04:33 AM   #13
BigTicket
Cavs for life

1. He does have an excellent chance of passing Kareem for most All-NBA selections alltime, which is a great accomplishment. I don't think he'll be getting any more 1st team selections though, so he probably won't pass Malone for that record.

2. This one is really not a big deal, since he has played far more games than Jordan

3. This one is actually impressive, and would surprise most people. Also it goes directly against one of the most common criticisms of Kobe, so I think it'll be the one that will "sting his haters the most" to use the OPs word choice.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:37 AM   #14
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
1. He does have an excellent chance of passing Kareem for most All-NBA selections alltime, which is a great accomplishment. I don't think he'll be getting any more 1st team selections though, so he probably won't pass Malone for that record.

2. This one is really not a big deal, since he has played far more games than Jordan

3. This one is actually impressive, and would surprise most people. Also it goes directly against one of the most common criticisms of Kobe, so I think it'll be the one that will "sting his haters the most" to use the OPs word choice.

1. he already has the record.. hes tied with malone at 11 for the nba record

2. hes kobe bryant. he'l make 1st team all nba's until hes retired just based on his name. forget the fact that he'l probably average more ppg this year with the loss of howard and metta + less expectations

3. it is a big deal.. becoming the 3rd all time leading scorer is a big deal. and being able to play more games at a high level than 99.9999% of anyone else in league history is impressive.

jordan missed 3rd team all nba in his 14th and 15th seasons with 2 extended vacations throughout his career to rest his legs.

kobes making 1st team all nba's in his 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th and soon to be 18th seasons

again .. yes.. it is a big deal

Old 10-03-2013, 04:44 AM   #15
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
3. Passing West, Drexler and Pippen in career assists (Most Assists from a non PG of All-Time)

Reggie Theus?
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: