Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #46
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lakers News: Lakers Sign Free Agent Guard Nick Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Dude, do you watch the game? Seriously Wes Johnson can't shoot for crap. Same thing with Derrick Williams. They're just athletes.

I still want Odom and Nate Robinson or Sasha Vujacic

Wesley Johnson at 34% three pointers for his career. Thats not a bad percentage. Playing with Nash will probably increase it as well.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #47
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Derrick Williams hasn't really had his chance to shine in the NBA yet. He's only had a little bit of PT when people were injured. We haven't seen him as a full time starter and for whatever reason Minnesota hasn't traded him yet. If you want to throw stats out there he shot over 50% from the 3pt line in college. There's another stat that's useless right now. He can shoot, he just hasn't had the chance to. I'm not saying he's necessarily going to be a good NBA player or even a good fit for this team. But in the discussion of whether he can shoot or not, the guy can shoot. I'd like to see him have a bigger role somewhere before I judge the type of player he's going to be. Right now he's one of those guys with "potential". That word we use when guys were good in college and still haven't had a legit chance in the league, lol.

I understand that he's got potential but it's very hard to say whether he what he can actually do. There were so many great collegiate players who didn't panned out in the big league. NBA is so much more competetive, rules are somewhat different etc.
You mentioned Williams shot great in college, well the 3pt line distance is about a couple of feet shorter there, then most college players are relatively shorter and/or less athletic esp covering the perimeter.
Can he shoot when he's open?, probably. How open, does he need 1-2 seconds to be accurate, or just half a second?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #48
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I understand that he's got potential but it's very hard to say whether he what he can actually do. There were so many great collegiate players who didn't panned out in the big league. NBA is so much more competetive, rules are somewhat different etc.
You mentioned Williams shot great in college, well the 3pt line distance is about a couple of feet shorter there, then most college players are relatively shorter and/or less athletic esp covering the perimeter.
Can he shoot when he's open?, probably. How open, does he need 1-2 seconds to be accurate, or just half a second?

ADAM MORRISON
That's all I have to say
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #49
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
ADAM MORRISON
That's all I have to say

That's two totally different players with two completely different styles of play. Like I mentioned, I never said Williams was necessarily going to be good in the NBA. I'm just saying it's still too early to call him a bust. A big part of a players development is who they go to. Minnesota obviously is not the right fit for him. I think everybody can see they make some really stupid draft picks that don't fill needs for their team. This is the team that selected PG's back to back.... With Kevin Love on the roster they really didn't need Williams and haven't really tried to make it work for him at SF.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #50
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Adam got injured. lol THAT CHANGED HIM.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #51
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08

You're looking too much into this.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #52
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
You're looking too much into this.

No, Tam is 100% correct. The amount of time needed to get your shot off is a big factor on whether a guy can make it in the NBA or not, it was a very astute issue for him to bring up.

I will also add in regarding Williams, the issue of whether he can play under the bright light and scrutiny of the big city.......many cannot, so label me a skeptic on his ability to suddenly make himself NBA relevant in LA......it's not impossible but not likely. I do admit that guys like Shannon Brown and Jordan Hill have done it....even Earl Clark. Most have failed.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: