Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Deadline over: Bargnani still a Raptor

Just thought we could organize everything in one thread. So far from what I've heard;

1. Toronto sends Andrea Bargnani & John Lucas III to Chicago for Carlos Boozer & Nate Robinson

2. Toronto sends Andrea Bargnani to Philadelphia for Spencer Hawes & Nick Young

3. Toronto sends Andrea Bargnani to Charlotte for Ben Gordon

What would be the best situation for the Raptors? Are there any other rumours circulating that you have heard?

Default Re: Bargnani Trade Rumor Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Toni
    Just thought we could organize everything in one thread. So far from what I've heard;

1. Toronto sends Andrea Bargnani & John Lucas III to Chicago for Carlos Boozer & Nate Robinson

What would be the best situation for the Raptors? Are there any other rumours circulating that you have heard?

although sadly, none of these deals are really that interesting.

I usually hit open layups JD_TO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toni

Best scenario out of these 3 scenarios. With Boozer you get an efficient big and he will give you at least 10 boards a game he also wont feel the pressure of performing being the third option on the court after Gay and Derozan.

Haven't seen enough of Spencer to be able to judge how he will perform on the raps. I know for a big he has a great outside shot but that's not what we need from him, that is what we are trying to get away from. Not really big on Nick Young and I don't think we need to add another wing to the already growing log jam we have.

And last Ben Gordon hell no undersized volume shooter and we send them a big makes no sense we don't address any of the weaknesses the Raps have already.

I just seen the Bargs for Gordon rumour on Marc Stein's Twitter, if you guys need a link for that.

Diaw Fan

I'd take Ed Davis over any of those deals...

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

whatever one's contracts r off the books quickest

I don't care what deal it is, just get rid of bargs....But no Gordon please..

Decent college freshman Dr.Funk's Avatar

I'd do the Hawes deal in a heartbeat.

Hawes is simply a much better fit as a player, still young, and makes 4 mill less than Bargnani.

We don't even need to keep Nick Young past this season.

A source told Raptors beat writer Doug Smith that an Andrea Bargnani trade is unlikely to happen until the summer.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...some-blah.html

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Serious playground baller DJMason's Avatar

I know Doug Smith thinks this is the best possible move because somehow his stock will rise, but the way he's been playing lately I don't know how it could do anything but fall even more as hard as that would be. I bet the Boozer deal isn't even on the table this summer.

I honestly don't understand what deal we're holding out for. No one in the league has ever valued him as highly as BC. I hope he continues to be booed by the home crowd every time he's on the court to force someone's hand to at the very least amnesty him if no deal is found. We as a city have moved past the Bargnani era and it's unfair for everyone (including Bargnani) to keep this fiasco going.

The boozer deal is no good anyways, plagues the cap situation

Local High School Star

First I heard of 76ers and us.

Frankly I doubt it - Marc S tweet or not.... all smoke.

1) In division ? no way !
    2) Bargnani just as the 76ers are expecting their center to eventually join the team ? no way !

The Charlotte deal for Ben G actually is good as both guys simply need a change of scenery. I think it actually helps Toronto ap wise as well... as in more money now but one less year.

BenG is $13M + change 1 year. Barges is $12M + change and 2 more years.

The ever thrifty Mr Airness Jordon would like to save a million or so and still has an expring contract to trade again...
    Last edited by Jballer; 02-18-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    First I heard of 76ers and us.

Frankly I doubt it - Marc S tweet or not.... all smoke.

1) In division ? no way !
    2) Bargnani just as the 76ers are expecting their center to eventually join the team ? no way !

The Charlotte deal for Ben G actually is good as both guys simply need a change of scenery. I think it actually helps Toronto ap wise as well... as in more money now but one less year.

BenG is $13M + change 1 year. Barges is $12M + change and 2 more years.

The ever thrifty Mr Airness Jordon would like to save a million or so and still has an expring contract to trade again...

Be better to just amnesty Bargnani then get Ben Gordon for him.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
    Be better to just amnesty Bargnani then get Ben Gordon for him.
    Maybe...

Sometimes the price and the talent get all mixed up.... I think BG is a pretty good player - just not at that price.

I dont know what is up in Charlotte with him but his years with the Bulls seem to suggest he can play in a system. This opposed to our current incumbent who cant or wont play in the coaches system.

I dont think it will happen because we have all the SG SF we need.. so you are not wrong either... I just wouldnt dismiss the trade out of hand as perhaps one domino leads to another with something coming back ideally a draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    Maybe...

Sometimes the price and the talent get all mixed up.... I think BG is a pretty good player - just not at that price.

I dont know what is up in Charlotte with him but his years with the Bulls seem to suggest he can play in a system. This opposed to our current incumbent who cant or wont play in the coaches system.

I dont think it will happen because we have all the SG SF we need.. so you are not wrong either... I just wouldnt dismiss the trade out of hand as perhaps one domino leads to another with something coming back ideally a draft pick.
    The big thing is that with Ben Gordon, it stunts the growth of Ross.