Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Terrance Ross Selected for the 2013 Slam Dunk Contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Beebo
    They should fire everyone on that TNT commentating crew.

Didn't even give a single shout out to VC when Ross was rocking the vintage purple jersey.
    Agreed!

Go Ross though, deserved it, and I was at least glad to see the considerable removal of props/gimmick this year even though so many missed dunks. Also no corporate sponsor result fixing is nice too.

Default Re: Let Ross Dunk!

I didn't expect him to win, mainly because he was going up against the 2 heavy favorites in his own conference. And agreed with Tabak that all his dunks were sick. Kind of got lucky on that first dunk though that the judges were a bunch of nice guys. I was surprised he still got a 50 after that many attempts, despite it being a great dunk. But either way Green and White both choked on their 2nd dunks. Once Ross made the final I knew it was anyone's game.

I wondered if he was gonna do a VC dunk, when asked about in interviews before the contest, he kept saying pretty much nah there's only 1 VC, i'ma leave that alone. But I guess he either changed his mind or wanted it to be a surprise. Crazy dunk nonetheless. And you could tell he had a lot of nerves at the beginning of the contest. But after that when he loosened up he seemed to hit everything he was trying much earlier.

Shout out to Terrance Ross 13 years later bringing the trophy back to TO!! And he did it with ZERO props!

Dunk of the night on ESPN

I guess you guys don't get TNT all-star coverage? But at the beginning of the night the panel made their predictions. Most of them said either Gerald Green or James White. It goes to Shaq and he says something like "my pick is Terrance Ross. My man doesn't get enough recognition in Utah and he's a high flier" And one of the panel members was like, you mean Jeremy Evans? And Shaq's like, "whatever his name is" that says it all.

congrats to mr. ross

His first dunk was nice..even if it took him awhile to get it down.