Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Default Michael Jordan taught Scottie Pippen how to play like him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJBc3GYzAPs
    Watch the video before you comment, it's real short, and it's Phil Jackson/Scottie Pippen talking.

I don't think that people understand how great players like Glen Rice, Dale Ellis and Dominique Wilkins were, they didn't have a teammate like Michael Jordan there to show them the "ropes" in practice. I personally am a Chicago Bulls fan and I truly enjoyed the Scottie Pippen & Michael Jordan combination. I just think people forget that Scottie Pippen was not a natural superstar, Jordan helped Pippen elevate his game to the level it became. If Scottie Pippen didn't have Jordan there to teach him, I suspect that he wouldn't even be considered to be on a Dominique Wilkins type level.

Also of note is the fact that Pippen was talented enough to apply what Jordan taught him, but I think it goes understated how it important it was for Michael Jordan to help Scottie Pippen bring his game up to a superstar level.

Local High School Star chitownsfinest's Avatar

Default Re: Michael Jordan taught Scottie Pippen how to play like him

Posts like this is what make people against Jordan. Pip had great athletic abilities and had strong defensive instincts from day one. While I agree Jordan did help him in regards to his toughness and offensive game, Pip would have been an all-star player during his career regardless of Jordan.

Stop acting as if the 90s Bulls dynasty was all about Jordan. You, as a fellow Chicagoan, should know better.

Kobe is the assassin KobeRules24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJBc3GYzAPs
    Watch the video before you comment, it's real short, and it's Phil Jackson/Scottie Pippen talking.

I don't think that people understand how great players like Glen Rice, Dale Ellis and Dominique Wilkins were, they didn't have a teammate like Michael Jordan there to show them the "ropes" in practice. I personally am a Chicago Bulls fan and I truly enjoyed the Scottie Pippen & Michael Jordan combination. I just think people forget that Scottie Pippen was not a natural superstar, Jordan helped Pippen elevate his game to the level it became. If Scottie Pippen didn't have Jordan there to teach him, I suspect that he wouldn't even be considered to be on a Dominique Wilkins type level.

Also of note is the fact that Pippen was talented enough to apply what Jordan taught him, but I think it goes understated how it important it was for Michael Jordan to help Scottie Pippen bring his game up to a superstar level.
    interesting theory but you're still trying to diminish pippen's impact in the 6 championship teams. fact is pippen during his prime was one of the best all around players this league has ever seen. offense, defense, intangibles, versatile....cant say the same about guys like wilkins

Quote Originally Posted by chitownsfinest
    Posts like this is what make people against Jordan. Pip had great athletic abilities and had strong defensive instincts from day one. While I agree Jordan did help him in regards to his toughness and offensive game, Pip would have been an all-star player during his career regardless of Jordan.

Stop acting as if the 90s Bulls dynasty was all about Jordan. You, as a fellow Chicagoan, should know better.
    When Scottie Pippen came into the league he was skinny, his strength wasn't all that great, his footspeed was not up to par on defense, he didn't start shooting the ball that well until the 90-91 season, he played like garbage his first two years in the playoffs, was inconsistent, and the best parts of his skill-set were clearly skills that Jordan influenced.

Just watch the video and listen to coach Jackson talk about how Jordan's influence was obvious FROM DAY ONE.
    Last edited by bruceblitz; 06-02-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeRules24
    interesting theory but you're still trying to diminish pippen's impact in the 6 championship teams. fact is pippen during his prime was one of the best all around players this league has ever seen. offense, defense, intangibles, versatile....cant say the same about guys like wilkins
    If Dominique Wilkins was able to practice with a Michael Jordan every day, who knows how much different his game would have been. I give Pippen credit for having the raw talent to apply what Jordan had taught him, which puts him in the upper rankings of perimeter players from that era, that being said, Jordan's influences on his game were so evident.

bruceblitz should start a Blog, turn off responses and talk to himself all day. He clearly just wants to yak away and have everyone buy what he's selling without any discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    bruceblitz should start a Blog, turn off responses and talk to himself all day. He clearly just wants to yak away and have everyone buy what he's selling without any discussion.
    Not true, this post is an obvious fact. I'm not selling anything, just presenting a fact.

Not true, this post is an obvious fact. I'm not selling anything, just presenting a fact.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the prosecution rests.

Try this BB boy.

https://www.blogger.com/start

if you think Jordan won the 6 titles by himself...well that's your opinion but i just don't see the need to diminish Pippen so much. Even if he learned from Jordan it's clear that the Bulls don't win a title without his production.

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the prosecution rests.

Try this BB boy.

https://www.blogger.com/start
    This is just the tip of the iceberg, I'm gonna be throwing some gas on the fire real soon..... stay tuned.....

Quote Originally Posted by KobeRules24
    if you think Jordan won the 6 titles by himself...well that's your opinion but i just don't see the need to diminish Pippen so much. Even if he learned from Jordan it's clear that the Bulls don't win a title without his production.
    The fact of the matter is that if Jordan was a selfish introvert he would have never taken so much time to show Pippen the ropes, and Pippen's defense would have never become so good if he wasn't defending the greatest of all time in practice every day. Pippen was Jordan's student so I would like someone to show me another championship leader who had that much influence on their sidekick.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Scottie Pippen taught Michael Jordan how to win.

Pippen without Jordan: 20 playoff wins (7 seasons)
    Jordan without Pippen: 1 playoff win (5 seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock

Oh Kobe apostle, you are poking the lion right now.... I'm gonna post Jordan's production during those "losses" that you like to talk about and blame Jordan for....

By the way, 20 playoff wins, Jordan's student learned well.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock

lol that's funny but totally untrue.

Oh Kobe apostle, you are poking the lion right now.... I'm gonna post Jordan's production during those "losses" that you like to talk about and blame Jordan for....

By the way, 20 playoff wins, Jordan's student learned well.
    he's a pippen apostle