Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Association Mode

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue4life
    I dare anyone to take on the task on making the current Charlotte Bobcats into a contender. This is the hardest team to work with due to bad contracts. They literally have like 3 or 4 horrible contracts to players who don't even play much.
    You had me thinking the Bobcats would be nearly impossible to work with. They've got some bad contracts but it wasn't anything I couldn't work with.

They start off with 5 expiring contracts an 6 two year deals. No one makes an absurd amount of money in the beginning, and the overpaid guys are all under 1 year contracts, so you can just let them go in the offseason.

Year 1: 30-52 (missed playoffs, 6th overall pick)

-I released everyone except Przybilla who I signed to a 2yr/3M deal.

-I drafted Alec Burks with the 6th overall pick. With the draft class I'm using Burks is a 69 OVR with 82 potential. I got him for 2yr/5.53M and a 2yr team option.

-I got Keith Benson in the 2nd round for 1yr/683K and a 1yr team option. Benson is a 62 OVR with 73 potential.

Year 2: 34-48 (missed playoffs)

-I picked up Keith Benson and Gerald Henderson's options and declined Livingston's.

-I released Livingston, D.J. White and Boris Diaw. Was able to retain D.J. Augustin.

-I took Quincy Miller with the 7th overall pick. He's a 6'9" SF with good range and good athleticism. Signed Miller to a 2yr/4.70M deal with a 2yr team option. Stephen Jackson is old and in the last year of his deal, so Miller is my starting SF of the future. He's a 70 OVR as a rookie with 85 potential.

-I took Jordan Taylor for some PG in depth in the 2nd round. Signed Taylor to a 1yr/480K deal with a 2yr team option. Taylor is a 59 OVR with just 62 potential.

-I was now $28M under the cap after basically releasing everyone whose contract expired the first two years. However, the 2012 FA class was really weak (Ray Felton at 81 OVR was the highest rated available FA) so I didn't sign anyone else in hopes of the 2013 class being stronger.

Year 3: 28-54 (1st overall pick and 7th over pick (via SAC)

-Alec Burks improved to a 74 OVR (+5) and Keith Benson to a 66 OVR (+4)

-I got into the regular season and had 5 PF's on roster, three of which were rated in the 50's overall. So, I went and browsed the FA pool and was able to pick-up Sonny Weems (72 OVR) and Craig Smith (70 OVR). I signed Smith to a 2yr/4.60M deal and Weems to a 2yr/6.95M deal.

-Wanting to get another top draft pick for the 2013 draft I turned Stephen Jackson, Gerald Henderson, my 2014 1st rd pick and my 2013 2nd rd pick into Andre Iguodala's expiring contract and the Kings 2013 1st round pick.

-Picked up the options on Burks, Taylor and Benson. Let everyone else go.

-Took my center of the future Andre Drummond with the #1 overall pick. Drummond is a 75 OVR with 88 potential. I signed him to a 2yr/9.56M deal with a 2 yr team option.

-Drafted Tim Hardaway Jr. with the 7th overall pick. He's a 6'5" combo-guard that will give me more flexibility in the backcourt. I also needed a back-up for Burks since I traded Gerald Henderson. He is a 68 OVR with 76 potential. Signed him to a 2yr/5.20M deal with a 2yr team option.

-I lost some cap space but still had enough to sign one max contract. It would have been nice if this FA class was available a year ago when I had room to sign to max deals because Blake Griffin (93 OVR) and Brandon Jennings (90 OVR) were both available. I signed Griffin, though, to a 5yr/84.83M deal.

-Since I had Blake Griffin at PF and liked Taylor's progression in just one year, I decided to test the market on a deal involving Tyrus Thomas and D.J. Augustin. I got some very attractive offers via "Trade Finder". I was hoping to get an even better starting PG in return and make-due with Craig Smith as my back-up PF.

1. From Bucks: Ed Davis (81 OVR) and Ray Felton (81 OVR)
    2. From Cavs: Brandon Knight (79 OVR) and Serge Ibaka (76 OVR)
    3. From Clippers: Eric Gordon (86 OVR) and Luis Scoal (72 OVR)
    4. From Jazz: Jonny Flynn (84 OVR) and Lebryan Nash (73 OVR)
    5. From Spurs: Darren Colison (86 OVR) and Manu (78 OVR)
    6. From Suns: Brandon Jennings (90 OVR) and Jereme Richmond (64 OVR)
    7. From Blazers: Jerryd Bayless (81 OVR) and Aldridge (82 OVR)
    8. From Warriors: Monta Ellis (85 OVR) and Angelo Chol (68 OVR)

I went back and forth for a while on the Jennings/Richmond offer and the Collison/Manu offer. Ultimately, though, I decided to go with Brandon Jennings/Jereme Richmond.

2013-2014 rotation
    PG: Brandon Jennings (90 OVR)/Jordan Taylor (63 OVR)
    SG: Alec Burks (79 OVR)/Tim Hardaway Jr. (68 OVR)
    SF: Quincy Miller (76 OVR)/Sonny Weems (72 OVR)
    PF: Blake Griffin (93 OVR)/Taj Gibson (77 OVR)
    C: Andre Drummond (77 OVR)/Keith Benson (70 OVR)

Year 4: 49-33 (4 seed in playoffs)

-I had three All-Stars: Griffin, Jennings, and surprisingly Alec Burks. I improved my record by 21 wins.

-Andre Drummond (15.2 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 1.3 apg, 1.4 bpg 50.3% FG) was Rookie of the Year

-Lost in the first round to Atlanta in 7 games.

-Picked up the options on Burks, Miller, Taylor and Benson. Re-signed Weems to a 2yr/7.58M deal.

-I had no draft picks due to trades.

-Had right at $7M in cap space and used it to strengthen my weakest spot on the 2-deep depth chart, back-up PG. I signed Kyle Lowry (77 OVR) to a 3yr/27.17M deal. I know $9M a year is a little steep for a back-up PG by my roster is now completely set for the next several years. I don't really have any needs and everyone under contract for at least two more years.

Year 5: 53-29 (2nd seed, 5 games out of 1st place in East)

2014-2015 Rotation
    PG: B. Jennings (93 OVR, 25 yrs old)/K. Lowry (77 OVR, 28 yrs old)
    SG: A. Burks (84 OVR, 23 yrs old)/T. Hardaway (72 OVR, 22 yrs old)
    SF: Q. Miller (81 OVR, 22 yrs old)/S. Weems (72 OVR, 28 yrs old)
    PF: B. Griffin (96 OVR, 24 yrs old)/T. Gibson (80 OVR, 27 yrs old)
    C: A. Drummond (81 OVR, 21 yrs old)/K. Benson (74 OVR, 25 yrs old)

Average Overall: 81.0
    Average Age: 24.5 years old

It took me five seasons to dump some of the bad players/contracts, scout properly for draft picks with high potential, and clear enough cap space to make at least one huge FA signing. I simulated the first round of the playoffs and we beat the Bucks in 4 games (made the first round best of 5). Got a showdown with the Heat in the second round.
    Last edited by KG215; 06-06-2011 at 05:51 PM.

I usually play with the Warriors. Last night I started an association and traded Lee, Radmonovich, and 2 1st round picks for Dirk and Peja.

Curry / Lin
    Monta / Bell
    Wright / Peja
    Dirk / Amundson
    Biedrins / Udoh

dukeblue4life, you got me turned onto this Bobcats dynasty.

I just finished game one of the 2015 Eastern Conference Semifinals. I had a 100-93 lead with about 3:00 to go in the fourth and then the wheels started to fall off. I couldn't score or get stops and Miami came roaring back to tie it up in the final seconds and forced OT.

There wasn't any defense played in the 4:00 OT period as I outscored Miami 25-19 to get the 131-125 lead. It was just 106-106 at the end of regulation. Jimmer Fredette and Dwyane Wade each hit a pair of three pointers but Brandon Jennings took over for me in OT. Jennings hit a trio of three pointers and added four points from the FT line, and a couple of layups, to give him 17 points in overtime. Quincy Miller scored 7 points in OT including one three pointer of his own.

Miami 19 27 32 28 19 125
    Charlotte 25 29 28 24 25 131

Miami
    D. Wade - 33 pts, 2 reb, 2 ast, 3 stl, 13/18 FG
    J. Fredette - 24 pts, 1 reb, 10 ast, 2 stl, 10/24 FG
    L. James - 23 pts, 2 reb, 8 ast, 3 stl, 1 blk, 10/14 FG
    F. Melo - 13 pts, 7 reb, 3 stl, 1 blk, 6/8 FG
    C. Bosh - 12 pts, 9 reb, 3 ast, 1 stl, 3/7 FG

C. Eyenga - 10 pts, 2 reb, 5/5 FG
    S. Mack - 6 pts, 4 ast, 3/4 FG

Charlotte
    B. Jennings - 31 pts, 1 reb, 11 ast, 3 stl, 8/18 FG
    B. Griffin - 27 pts, 10 reb, 4 ast, 2 blk, 11/17 FG
    A. Drummond - 19 pts, 5 reb, 3 ast, 1 blk, 8/9 FG
    Q. Miller - 17 pts, 8 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl, 7/11 FG
    A. Burks - 10 pts, 2 reb, 3/5 FG

S. Weems - 10 pts, 2 reb, 3/5 FG
    T. Gibson - 7 pts, 2 reb, 3 ast, 3/4 FG
    T. Hardaway - 4 pts, 2 reb, 1 stl, 2/5 FG
    K. Benson - 4 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast, 2 blk, 2/4 FG

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    dukeblue4life, you got me turned onto this Bobcats dynasty.

I just finished game one of the 2015 Eastern Conference Semifinals. I had a 100-93 lead with about 3:00 to go in the fourth and then the wheels started to fall off. I couldn't score or get stops and Miami came roaring back to tie it up in the final seconds and forced OT.

There wasn't any defense played in the 4:00 OT period as I outscored Miami 25-19 to get the 131-125 lead. It was just 106-106 at the end of regulation. Jimmer Fredette and Dwyane Wade each hit a pair of three pointers but Brandon Jennings took over for me in OT. Jennings hit a trio of three pointers and added four points from the FT line, and a couple of layups, to give him 17 points in overtime. Quincy Miller scored 7 points in OT including one three pointer of his own.

Miami 19 27 32 28 19 125
    Charlotte 25 29 28 24 25 131

Miami
    D. Wade - 33 pts, 2 reb, 2 ast, 3 stl, 13/18 FG
    J. Fredette - 24 pts, 1 reb, 10 ast, 2 stl, 10/24 FG
    L. James - 23 pts, 2 reb, 8 ast, 3 stl, 1 blk, 10/14 FG
    F. Melo - 13 pts, 7 reb, 3 stl, 1 blk, 6/8 FG
    C. Bosh - 12 pts, 9 reb, 3 ast, 1 stl, 3/7 FG

C. Eyenga - 10 pts, 2 reb, 5/5 FG
    S. Mack - 6 pts, 4 ast, 3/4 FG

Charlotte
    B. Jennings - 31 pts, 1 reb, 11 ast, 3 stl, 8/18 FG
    B. Griffin - 27 pts, 10 reb, 4 ast, 2 blk, 11/17 FG
    A. Drummond - 19 pts, 5 reb, 3 ast, 1 blk, 8/9 FG
    Q. Miller - 17 pts, 8 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl, 7/11 FG
    A. Burks - 10 pts, 2 reb, 3/5 FG

S. Weems - 10 pts, 2 reb, 3/5 FG
    T. Gibson - 7 pts, 2 reb, 3 ast, 3/4 FG
    T. Hardaway - 4 pts, 2 reb, 1 stl, 2/5 FG
    K. Benson - 4 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast, 2 blk, 2/4 FG

Thats whats up. That team is legit and that is definitely an impressive finish. Good work

My Association is not looking up at the moment. We are currently 0-3 but have played @ATL, @MIA, and vsBoston. Thats a tough schedule. However, we lost to Miami by like 10 and Boston by only 4. We are a solid team but we just haven't been able to play enough defense down the stretch to finish teams off. If we could get stops our offense would get us some wins, but what we get we give right back

I need help. What would be the best way to jack my defense ratings? Who do I need to go after? I would love to have a rating of top 10 defense while keeping Chandler, DJ, Jackson, and Oden. My lineup is posted earlier if you guys could help with trade ideas. Thanks

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue4life
    Thats a pretty solid rotation. I like seeing Iverson on your roster. What are your ratings in offense, defense, and overall with that team?
    Cheers mate much appreciated. Defense 25 (shocking!), Offense 8, Overall 13.

Got an update in a sec too

Saw a basketball once

So I have a trade update, after playing against Toronto it was really obvious I needed to find a 3rd centre that can step in and do the job occasionally as Oden and Turiaf fatigue quite quickly and I have back to back games.

So I went into Free Agency and signed Ante Tomic, Croatian centre who used to play for the Jazz. Only 23 too, so he looks like he will be solid. 980k for the year which I was happy with.

I then decided to put Walker and Brown up for trade and see if I could get a decent 1st round pick as I don't currently have one. Minnesota offered me their's as long as I included my 12' first pick. Pulled the trigger which leaves me without any picks for '12 but I can wheel and deal later.

With that in mind, I will probably ship Iverson and Turiaf at a later date. Iverson is on a 1 yr deal and is looking at FA beyond on this year so I decided to go look at another PG whom I can rotate with Iverson and Douglas. I put Williams up for trade as i was not really impressed with so far and the Pacers offered me A.J Price who was a target when I orginally got George Hill (using him more at SG as he is a combo guard).

Happy with that team now, Celtics game bout to get underway.

Just finished game two of the Miami series and it was another really tight one.

I was up 97-96 with just about 1:00 to go and Alec Burks hit a three pointer to give me a 100-96 lead. From there we just traded baskets and I made FT's down the stretch to hold on for the 109-106 win, and took a 2-0 series lead.

Miami 25 19 30 32 - 106
    Charlotte 21 26 27 35 - 109

Miami
    D. Wade - 26 pts, 0 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl, 12/19 FG
    L. James - 23 pts, 7 reb, 3 ast, 1 stl, 10/18 FG
    J. Fredette - 23 pts, 3 reb, 7 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 7/12 FG
    C. Eyenga - 13 pts, 5 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 6/8 FG
    C. Bosh - 9 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast, 3 stl, 3/5 FG

F. Melo - 7 pts, 7 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 2 blk, 3/3 FG
    E. Moore - 3 pts, 1/6 FG
    I. Diogu - 2 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast, 1/2 FG

Charlotte
    B. Jennings - 25 pts, 5 reb, 13 ast, 2 stl, 2 blk, 6/14 FG
    B. Griffin - 21 pts, 9 reb, 4 ast, 1 blk, 9/11 FG
    A. Drummond - 17 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast, 3 stl, 7/9 FG
    A. Burks - 17 pts, 3 reb, 0 ast, 1 stl, 8/11 FG
    Q. Miller - 11 pts, 4 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 5/7 FG

S. Weems - 8 pts, 3/7 FG
    K. Benson - 4 pts, 1 reb, 1 stl, 2 blk, 2/2 FG
    T. Gibson - 4 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast, 1/1 FG

In both games Jennings has been my go to guy in the final minute or so for free throws. He's a perfect 24/24 from the line in the series. Jimmer Fredette is a beast. In two games Fredette is averaging 23.5 ppg, 8.5 apg, 2 rpg. Jennings, though, is averaging 28/12/3 and Griffin 24/9.5/4.5/2.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Im gonna make a thread where I do similar to what the poster on the previous page had going. I've done this before and ran on like a 29 game season and played them all.

I'm not sure what team to take, but I'm going to end up simulating through the first year so I can work with this draft class.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Im gonna make a thread where I do similar to what the poster on the previous page had going. I've done this before and ran on like a 29 game season and played them all.

I'm not sure what team to take, but I'm going to end up simulating through the first year so I can work with this draft class.
    You ever read or post at Operation Sports? They have dynasty forums just for that purpose and it's pretty fun. I've never done a 2K one but I did a pretty in-depth NCAA Footabll '11 dynasty thread. It was a lot of work to make it presentable but quite a bit of fun and I enjoy reading other people's dynasty/association updates.

No I don't.

I did one at a old basketball forum that apparently no longer exists. Actually I did two, because the first one was bad.

I'm gonna look at some of the ones on operation sports.

Any ideas on what team is welcomed. Im going to draft Bismack and either Kemba or Jimmer.

I finished up the Eastern Conference Semi's with a 4 game sweep of the Heat. Every game was pretty tightly contested, though. In two games I had a 10-15 point lead with under 4:00 to go and Miami went on a big run to either tie it up or get within 1-3 points, but I'd never fully relinquish the lead. In the other two games it was back and forth most of the game and I would get hot in the final few minutes to pull-away enough to sit on the ball the last couple of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    No I don't.

I did one at a old basketball forum that apparently no longer exists. Actually I did two, because the first one was bad.

I'm gonna look at some of the ones on operation sports.

Any ideas on what team is welcomed. Im going to draft Bismack and either Kemba or Jimmer.
    Yeah, go take a look at OS and see some of their dynasty pages. I haven't been to the site in several weeks but the basketball section was kind of dying down last time I visited. There was still some really good threads, though, you just have to do some digging.

If you're wanting to re-build a team...

Sacramento - I actually started a Kings dynasty about a week after I bought the game. You've got two young players in Evans and Cousins to build around. They've also got some good young talent role type players in Thompson, Thornton and Casspi. It took some work, but I shed some contracts, traded for high draft picks and got Carmelo via Free Agency -- that was back when he was still in Denver.

Detroit - They've got some really bad contracts with some older players past their prime. They're a pretty tough contract because a lot of those bad contracts aren't just one year deals. But, they've got Greg Monroe and Rodney Stuckey to build-around. If you simulate the first season you'll almost assuredly get a top 5-10 pick.

Cleveland - Probably the biggest mess on the game in terms of no talent. They only have one player really worth keeping and building around in Hickson. Not sure about the contracts.

Toronto - A team with more young medium to high potential type players than most people realize. And Bargnani might be a stiff in real life, but he's a very nice video game offensive threat.

Charlotte - That's who I'm currently playing with thanks to dukeblue4life. It's a lot of fun but I also simulated five seasons until I made enough offseason moves to make the team pretty good. They don't have anyone really worth keeping around to build around other than Tyrus Thomas and maybe Augustin. And if you don't want either one of them, then they are good trade pieces. I used Thomas, Augustin and a 1st round draft pick to land Brandon Jennings.

Also, I turn off allow CPU trading now, because I find it really messes up the league overall.

2015 Eastern Conference Finals Preview

[COLOR="Red"]1 Chicago Bulls (58-24)[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2 Charlotte Bobcats (53-29)[/COLOR]

Chicago Bulls
    -Beat 8 seed Atlanta 3-0 in 1st Round
    -Beat 4 seed Philadelphia 4-3 in 2nd Round

REGULAR SEASON STATS

Starters
    PG Derrick Rose (95 OVR) - 30.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 8.5 apg, 1.3 spg, 0.9 bpg
    *2014-2015 NBA MVP

SG Bojan Bogdanovic (73 OVR) - 3.0 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 5.7 apg, 2.0 spg, 0.9 bpg
    *2014-2015 1st Team All-Defense

SF Luol Deng (80 OVR) - 18.3 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.5 apg, 0.7 spg, 0.7 bpg

PF Carlos Boozer (83 OVR) - 17.9 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 1.2 apg, 0.4 spg, 0.4 bpg

C Joakim Noah (82 OVR) - 9.0 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 1.4 apg, 0.5 spg, 1.5 bpg

Bench
    Dirk Nowitzki (76 OVR) - 11.4 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.9 apg, 0.2 spg, 0.2 bpg

Alonzo Gee (75 OVR) - 6.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.6 apg, 0.6 spg, 0.3 bpg

Ronnie Brewer (69 OVR) - 2.3 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.6 apg, 0.8 spg

Doron Lamb (69 OVR) - 3.6 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 0.4 apg, 0.2 spg, 0.1 bpg

C.J. Watson (68 OVR) - 2.1 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.2 apg, 0.3 spg

Charlotte Bobcats
    -Beat 7 seed Milwuakee 3-2 in 1st round
    -Beat 3 seed Miami 4-0 in 2nd round

REGULAR SEASON STATS

Starters
    PG Brandon Jennings (93 OVR) - 18.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 8.1 apg, 2.1 spg, 0.6 bpg
    *2014-2015 All-Star

SG Alec Burks (85 OVR) - 14.6 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 5.0 apg, 1.8 spg, 0.9 bpg

SF Quincy Miller (81 OVR) - 12.1 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.6 apg, 1.1 spg, 1.2 bpg

PF Blake Griffin (96 OVR) - 22.8 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 3.1 apg, 0.3 spg, 0.7 bpg
    *2014-2015 All-Star

C Andre Drummond (81 OVR) - 13.9 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.6 apg, 0.5 spg, 1.5 bpg

Bench
    Taj Gibson (79 OVR) - 5.3 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.5 apg, 0.1 spg, 0.9 bpg

Sonny Weems (72 OVR ) - 6.0 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 0.4 apg, 0.3 spg, 0.2 bpg

Keith Benson (73 OVR) - 2.2 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.3 apg, 0.3 spg, 0.8 bpg

Kyle Lowry (77 OVR) - 4.1 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 1.7 apg, 0.5 spg

Tim Hardaway Jr. (70 OVR) - 4.2 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 0.9 apg, 0.3 spg, 0.1 bpg

Western Conference Finals

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]2 Denver Nuggets[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Navy"]4 Memphis Grizzlies[/COLOR]

Denver Nuggets

Starters
    PG Ty Lawson (89 OVR)
    *2014-2015 3rd Team All-NBA, 2014-2015 All-Star

SG J.R. Smith (78 OVR)

SF Marcus Morris (76 OVR)
    *2014-2015 All-Star

PF Danilo Gallinari (84 OVR)
    *2014-2015 All_Star

C Nene (77 OVR)

Bench
    Toney Douglas (75 OVR)