lets try not to post too many joke tatts

I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: Tattoo Ideas

What's 'only the strong'?

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    What's 'only the strong'?

as in Only the Strong Survive (yeah AI and t.chandler have it on their arms in diff font and with a cross or something)

I am Chris Wilcox

I'm not a fan of generic tattoos like those, you should get something that really appeals to you and something that would be less generic than those ones. It's kinda hard to come up with something that's completely original these days, so try and get something that not every other person has on them. You should also get something that's personal to you, something that you won't get tired or bored of, something that you'll never lose interest in.

Certified ISHiot.

my theory on tattoos has always been this: if you can't really figure out exactly what you want to get and why you want to get it then you probably shouldn't be getting one at all.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    my theory on tattoos has always been this: if you can't really figure out exactly what you want to get and why you want to get it then you probably shouldn't be getting one at all.
    This also. You should be completely sold on what you want to get before you get it. Don't ask other people for tattoo ideas, this is your tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4

a lot of people without tatts use that as a reasoning... though u may think that, id say the majority of tatts do not have th deepest of all meanings

This also. You should be completely sold on what you want to get before you get it. Don't ask other people for tattoo ideas, this is your tattoo.

doesnt hurt to get ideas. im not gonna get a tatt just because someone on ISH said to... if i really like it ill give it a thought

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
    doesnt hurt to get ideas. im not gonna get a tatt just because someone on ISH said to... if i really like it ill give it a thought
    Fair enough. Also, don't let others put you off a certain style, because they don't like it.

If you want ideas, we're going to need to know a bit more about you. What you like, you're hobbies, interests, that kind of thing, because you could get some really good tattoo ideas from your personal interests.

Fair enough. Also, don't let others put you off a certain style, because they don't like it.

If you want ideas, we're going to need to know a bit more about you. What you like, you're hobbies, interests, that kind of thing, because you could get some really good tattoo ideas from your personal interests.
    The tattoo that i was leaning towards is actually the tatt of playing cards, which i don't have pictured. Was thinking of an Ace and King spread a little like you would if you were holding a hand of cards, king over (and sliding to the right of the ace) . I used to play a lot of cards, though not much lately, i do a lot of gambling, and these are generally the 2 strongest cards (big slick). Main reason however being that my initials are AK

i would have it done to look like it does on the cards and not cartoony... (btw the clothes on the kings have pretty detailed designs, so i think that would work for the tatt). ive been having second thoughts about this idea though as it may look/seem kind of kiddie... im definitely not looking for something that is gonna look like a joke or childish
    Last edited by BrooklynZoo; 11-15-2008 at 03:10 PM.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
    The tattoo that i was leaning towards is actually the tatt of playing cards, which i don't have pictured. Was thinking of an Ace and King spread a little like you would if you were holding a hand of cards, king over (and sliding to the right of the ace) . I used to play a lot of cards, though not much lately, i do a lot of gambling, and these are generally the 2 strongest cards (big slick). Main reason however being that my initials are AK

i would have it done to look like it does on the cards and not cartoony... (btw the clothes on the kings have pretty detailed designs, so i think that would work for the tatt). ive been having second thoughts about this idea though as it may look/seem kind of kiddie... im definitely not looking for something that is gonna look like a joke or childish
    I like the idea, but the detail that would have to be put in for the King's clothes, may become blurred over time, because there's so much detail in such a small area. Maybe if you got a banner waving across the cards with some text in it, possibly 'Only the Strong', then that would hide some of the detail (obviously not all of it), cutting down on blurriness when the tatto does start to fade.

Caution: Adult Content

If this will be your first tat, I strongly suggest getting it on a "meaty" part of the body such as your bicep of calf. The bonier the canvas area, the more pain and difficulty you will endure. Also, get it done by someone who does it for a living. Like anything else, when it comes to tats, you get what you pay for. Out of house ink scratchers will leave you with a crappy tattoo and most likely don't follow proper sterilizing techniques.

ISHDiva4eva
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I knoww its kind of unoriginal or cliche but I've got to have like a butterfly or heart on my lower back. It just looks soo sexy and I think it would really help me out as an aspiring singer to create a really cool, charismatic image.

One of my heroes, Kat Von Dee from "Miami Ink", can pull off anything and everything :) . To be real, there's nothing like seeing a tough, muscular, hot bad boy with a memento to his mother. That makes me smileee. And produce less bile. :p

You should get a F.A.M.E.(f*ck all my enemies) tattoo, I think A.I. has one.

Just get a barbwire tattoo. Everyone has one.