Default Paul "Big Show" Wight High SchooL Basketball Stats

Default Re: Paul "Big Show" Wight High SchooL Basketball Stats

Averaging a triple double

NBA Superstar

I'll start by saying those numbers are incredibly impressive. I'm not entirely convinced I could pull off such averages while playing against fifth graders. That said, I took a look at his alma mater and under "alumni" for his graduating year, there's only 14 students. That's not to say his statistics aren't impressive, but at 7'1'', in a division likely filled with other schools just as small, I can at least better understand how it happened.

The list of alumni (he was 1990): http://www.kingacademy.org/common/content.asp?PAGE=470

Lived in Ponca City, OK when he attended Northern Ok JC. About 5 miles away.

My buddy owned the local sports card shop. Paul would come in pretty often. I'm 6'8" or so and have been around some pretty big people. I was invisible behind him. He had to have somebody else open the card packs for him; he couldn't tear them without wrecking the cards. A soda can looked like a miniature in his hand.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Did he play any college ball? Even at a small school? I just hope to God he didn't stop after high school and gave himself a chance in basketball.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

He was on Opie and Anthony the other day and they talked a bit about his athletic background. He talked about having a bad experience with a football coach, and that's why he didn't play most of his life, but he did play as a senior in HS, and the team went from not very good to making states. And he did describe himself as a really good basketball player. And he also said he's done a little boxing in his adult life, which it sounds like he wasn't that good at.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Did he play any college ball? Even at a small school? I just hope to God he didn't stop after high school and gave himself a chance in basketball.
    From reading the summary in the original post, it'd seem as if he transferred to Wichita State after averaging 14 and 6 in junior college.