Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Mayweather vs. Canelo- September 14,2013

Wow. This will be a sick ass fight

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Mayweather vs. Canelo- September 14,2013

Floyd UD

Banned

Sounds good when I read about it on yahoo front page but you already know its a Mayweather fight, guaranteed to be BORING and full of defense. He will win by decision. I give him respect, best defensive boxer around. But this is entertainment we're talking about, just like hockey and soccer...BORING.

I don't know how Canelo already has 42 fights under him at that age while Mayweather has a 44-0 record and look how old he is. I was impressed with Canelo Alvarez, he's young and talented but no way he has faced anyone with Mayweathers defense. Everyone from Cotto to Mosley to Ortiz, they just can't deal with not being able to land a good punch on him while he ducks and turns. Eventually they will lose by points. Anyone who buys the fight is an idiot.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ispin69
    Sounds good when I read about it on yahoo front page but you already know its a Mayweather fight, guaranteed to be BORING and full of defense. He will win by decision. I give him respect, best defensive boxer around. But this is entertainment we're talking about, just like hockey and soccer...BORING.

I don't know how Canelo already has 42 fights under him at that age while Mayweather has a 44-0 record and look how old he is. I was impressed with Canelo Alvarez, he's young and talented but no way he has faced anyone with Mayweathers defense. Everyone from Cotto to Mosley to Ortiz, they just can't deal with not being able to land a good punch on him while he ducks and turns. Eventually they will lose by points. Anyone who buys the fight is an idiot.
    If you're a true fan of the sport you wouldn't find floyd boring. it's a bit like saying tim duncan is boring. He's infinitely more entertaining than pacquiao (at least to me). feint-jab-left combo 100x a fight.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    If you're a true fan of the sport you wouldn't find floyd boring. it's a bit like saying tim duncan is boring. He's infinitely more entertaining than pacquiao (at least to me). feint-jab-left combo 100x a fight.
    Exactly. If all you love are all-out brawls, you are a fan of brawls, not boxing. It is called the sweet science for a reason. The entire point is to hit and not be hit. It isn't, "Let me see if I can hit harder than you... Now, just stand there... Don't move."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ispin69

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    actually made me lol. thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DonD13

I don't get the catchweight but oh well
    specially for someone who always said no catchweights, I want to fight guys at their best...
    152 is fine. I give Floyd credit for making this fight happen.

I don't get the catchweight but oh well
    specially for someone who always said no catchweights, I want to fight guys at their best...

I knew there would be a caveat. This is not Mayweather's first catch-weight. It is just his most reasonable one.

is there a rehydration clause in the conntract?
    No.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

why are we still arguing the details lol...at least both are fighting now

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Exactly. If all you love are all-out brawls, you are a fan of brawls, not boxing. It is called the sweet science for a reason. The entire point is to hit and not be hit. It isn't, "Let me see if I can hit harder than you... Now, just stand there... Don't move."
    i like boxing, i like brawls.

i also like basketball. i love watching jordan, barkley, kobe, i don't like watching tim duncan, karl malone, john stockton. i like watching the nash-led suns, i don't like the 2004 pistons.

oh which were the other ones? I don't remember...
    I'm just saying. I remember Floyd saying the doesn't fight at catchweights. but yeah that 2 pounds is not a big deal
    Marquez was negotiated at a catchweight.

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson
    i like boxing, i like brawls.

i also like basketball. i love watching jordan, barkley, kobe, i don't like watching tim duncan, karl malone, john stockton. i like watching the nash-led suns, i don't like the 2004 pistons.
    I like boxing. I like brawls.

That's just not ALL I like. That is the point I was trying (and apparently failing) to make.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Marquez was negotiated at a catchweight.
    was it re-negotiated to 146 OR WW?