Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-28-2016, 10:08 PM   #31
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Donald Trump Is "Completely Uneducated About Any Part Of The World"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Did he?

Do you actually know this or are you just repeating what you heard somebody say on tv?

The most recent republican primary was Arizona. Trump got 47%. In Arizona, Romney got... wait for it... 47%.

Erm...yeah, he did got more than 50% in a few states.

You're right about the number, but the Arizona was in Feb in 2012. Your example is wrong due to the March primaries in 2012, which goes along with the statement of:

Quote:
Mitt Romney ran against the same number of ppl around this time in the primary got more than 50% in the primaries.

In the early states, Mitt Romney won Nevada by 50%, which is also in feb.

By this time in March (Super Tuesday) he won Idaho by 62%, Massachusetts by 72%, Virginia by 60%.

He won Puerto Rico (should we count this?) by 83%.

You can check it out here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republ...rimaries,_2012

or here:

http://www.uspresidentialelectionnew...-2012-results/

And he was running against four candidates. So, yeah. Even what they say in TV is correct (surprise, lol). At this time during the primaries, Romney was doing a better job than Trump in terms getting more ppl in his party to vote for him.

In comparison Trump never got that much so far in this primary. Closest he got was in Massachusetts where he got 49.3%. This is telling in terms of that the party is voting more against Trump than for him. However, it ain't over yet. Romney killed in April. We have yet to see for Trump.

My question is, why did you even question this? Why deny the facts of this? Asking me whatever I got it on TV? Does it matter where I got it from if it's right? Do you not remember or did you not look it up yourself? Did you not understand the statement I was trying to get across or did you assume that I did not know what I was talking about? Or did you not know?

Regardless, Romney is doing better than Trump at this time in the primary with getting more of the party voting for him than the other candidates. Trump is more contested. The narrative here is that the GOP is voting more against Trump than with him compared to Mitt Romney. And Trump is a special case since it seems like ppl either love him or hate him.

But he is a wildcard. We'll see. The voters may not go out to vote or Trump may get more ppl to vote for by time the generals and turn this tide around. It's early.

Last edited by Micku : 03-28-2016 at 10:28 PM.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:25 PM   #32
FillJackson
I'm down with HRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micku
In the early states, Mitt Romney won Nevada by 50%, which is also in feb.

By this time in March (Super Tuesday) he won Idaho by 62%, Massachusetts by 72%, Virginia by 60%.

He won Puerto Rico (should we count this?) by 83%.

I believe you mean with 62% not by 62% which would imply a 62 point lead.
FillJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:32 PM   #33
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillJackson
I believe you mean with 62% not by 62% which would imply a 62 point lead.

Yeah. ^^
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:19 PM   #34
Terahite
Free Nick Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
Kasich is by far the best option left on that side, and also the only one with a chance of winning a general election.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
Sorry, 37% of the vote isn't impressive no matter how you slice it...Trump still can't crack 50% in any state. He's a weak-as-shit frontrunner and establishment Republicans know it, which is the primary reason why they won't support him. They know damn well he'd get crushed in a GE and damage the GOP brand doing it. Even the House could fall to the Democrats with Trump as the nominee...How sad is it that Trump can't get 50% GOP support in a border state with a large illegal immigrant population? He's the weakest GOP frontrunner in 40 years, maybe ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
Trump legitimately might not capture the delegates necessary to clinch the nomination outright, yet Trump supporters still think he's a revolutionary candidate who's going to goose-step into the White House? Please stop.

Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:22 PM   #35
Velocirap31
College star

Most Americans know little to nothing about the world outside of America.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: