Default Anyone been hypnotized?

Anyone know anything about it? Going to a comedy show, and one of the guys there does work with this, and his shows are very crowd participation geared, so I was wondering if anyone here has gone through anything like that?

What does it feel like? How do you get to the point of being hypnotized? Does it work on just about everyone? And how is it that they can almost completely control you?

Default Re: Anyone been hypnotized?

I have been put on a trance/hypnosis before when I started all of a sudden to have fear of flying.

It was really weird, when I woke up she asked me " So tell me , again, are you afraid of flying and why?". I couldn't answer anymore, it was like something was erased from my memory. However, few month later the trance/hypnosis wore off, my mind is too powerful for that

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Once they pay you or promise you some stuff before the show, it's very easy to be "hypnotized" on stage.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

hypnotism is about as real as talking to the dead.

Gullible people can fall for it, but that doesn't make it real IMO.

   

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Anyone been hypnotized?
    no, but i've been horizontaled.

seriously, i went to a show like that, once. a bunch of penn students volunteered to go on stage all at once... maybe 15 or so. the hypnotist tried to get everyone to do a striptease near the end of the show. i think a couple guys and girls danced around and stripped down to their underwear, but that was it. the saying goes that you can't make a person do what they don't want to, even under the spell.

personally i've been in some near-trance states while dancing, playing sports, meditating... so i can't just dismiss the possibility for hypnotism. if monks and drugs like ayahuasca can manipulate brain states to reach a trance state, then i don't see that other methods would be impossible. but i'm not sure a person other than yourself would have the skill to pull it off. it's more likely to me that it has to be the subject that hypnotises themself.

5-time NBA All-Star

Hundreds of times. Learning to do it to myself too.

Seriously.

Feels great afterwards.

During, you can not remember anything.

Always makes for a good show.

My high school had some fat curly haired guy dancing to Get Low with some hot chick, had some guy dancing to Sexy Back, had some other guy sprung on some average looking chick lol.

These people would never pull that sh!t in public. Ever.
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 10-14-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Hmmm, mixed results in here. Guess I just gotta volunteer myself and try it out for myself.

Yeah, gigantes, that's stuff I've worried about haha... Can they make you take off your clothes, harm yourself, etc. I'm all for having a laugh, but not completely at someones expense.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

just the fact that this sh*t is performed at comedy clubs and high school auditoriums really takes away from the legitimacy of hypnotism. If Hypnotism was really real, don't you think the police, CIA, or military would be utilizing it rather than some d-bag making a fat kid dance to get-low?