Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Netflix' new series 'House of Cards' premiers tonight

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    I don't like how Frank always wins at the end. There's no way one politician out smarts the whole administration and party.
    I don't think its that he is smarter, its that he is a true sociopath which gives him the upper hand. I haven't seen any of season 2 but in season 1 he:

1. Was outmaneuvered during the teachers strike but was willing to get extremely personally and blackmail Marty Spinella. He started the brick through the window controversy to undermine the strike. It was a move that wasn't that clever but it was something Marty considered out of bounds.

2. He masterminded a fairly simple set of chess moves with the whole Peter Russo for Governor campaign but the master stroke that brought it all together was to ruin Peter and kill him.

Yeah as we see in season 2, his moves aren't incredibly difficult to figure out, but unlike him others have boundaries. He definitely met his match in Tusk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I don't think its that he is smarter, its that he is a true sociopath which gives him the upper hand...

spacey's portrayal is a bit over the top, & he has so much dialogue it's a bit distracting.

but then i remind myself of how crazy Underwood is

I don't like how Frank always wins at the end. There's no way one politician out smarts the whole administration and party.
    Ever heard of hitler?

If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly how some politicians rise to the top (and stay there). Frank's use of people and constant manipulation is classic politics, even if nobody wants to say it out loud (obviously killing people is the extreme reserved for television, but I would not be surprised at all if the his other manoeuvres turned out to have some basis in history).

Banned

[COLOR="Red"]***MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD***[/COLOR]

Finally caught the premiere of Season 2. Gotta say, had that 'jumped the shark' feeling when Frank went crazy subway hobo for no reason whatsoever and shoved Zoe onto the tracks. The soon to be Vice President of the United States is a serial killer now?

Maybe the rest of the season will get better but that premiere was awful, and I liked the first season.