Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 10-29-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default no longer a need to start ac

in the what do you want to see against utah thread i wanted to write about seeing ai cover the point gaurd- but since most all of my posts usually seem to include bashing iverson i avoided it

tonight imo iverson showed by covering ronnie price all night that he is not only capable but also willing to defend a pg- i thought iverson put in more effort defensively than i remember and was thrilled to see it- this was my favorite iverson ever

i loved ai's game tonight and think he is a different player this year- i saw ball movement passes and setups to post players and others- this is the player i knew he could be but didnt think he would

which leads to a very important point- THERE IS ABSOLUTLEY NO REASON TO START AC- if ai defends the point ac is a complete non factor trying to cover wing players- he just cant cover a ronnie brewer or any other 2 or 3- and if ac isnt needed on d he surely isnt needed on offense- he gives the team NOTHING on offense- he doesnt make plays for others or himself, and most importantly he allows the man covering him to completely drift all over the place- ac isnt just a non factor he actually makes it much much easier for the opposing team to defend the nugs

there is no reason to play ac just to dribble the ball up- KARL IS HANDICAPPING THE TEAM BY USING AC SO MUCH- that is just so wrong

with iverson playing point on defense and offense this team is the most explosive team in the league- w ac it drops the average explosivness of each player down to an average nba team

if iverson played the way he did tonight passing and defending and he had jr & carmelo on the wings that is the team we all want to see- and the reason we all want to see it is because its giving it the best shot

i still believe we are shorthanded up front and a few peices away from a complete team, but i actually feel really good about this teams chances- ONLY IF KARL STOPS HANDICAPPING THE TEAMS CHANCES OF SUCCESS BY AVOIDING PUTTING THE BEST PLAYERS ON THE FLOOR- AC MUST BE USED SPARINGLY AS A BACKUP PG- that is what he is, a backup at best

can anyone come up w 1 valid reason for ac to start or play so much? is this all because karl doesnt "like" jr personally? why else purposefully make yourself week in so many ways
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: no longer a need to start ac

I think with the way JR played defensively tonight, karl will be willing to start him a few times to try it out. I still like the idea of him coming off the bench though, that spark is so refreshing. Starting Dahntay Jones at the 2 wouldn't be a bad idea either, he played great D tonight.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
I think with the way JR played defensively tonight, karl will be willing to start him a few times to try it out. I still like the idea of him coming off the bench though, that spark is so refreshing. Starting Dahntay Jones at the 2 wouldn't be a bad idea either, he played great D tonight.

whatever defense dahntay jones brings to the table is offset by his horrible offensive skillset. his handles are awful, he was rejected badly twice, and can't shoot worth a lick. the problem is he thinks he can do all three of those things. j.r. smith needs to be in the starting lineup, not ac or dahntay jones.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

A starter doesn't necessarily have to be effective at both ends. Look at radmanovic for the lakers, or Perkins with the celtics. They're not that talented, but they allow more firepower to come off the bench when needed. Remember, starters don't have to play starters minutes. If JR plays 30 minutes off the bench, it's technically the same as if he did start.

Until JR shows he can play solid defense consistently every game, he will never start.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:36 PM   #5
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

As all of y'all know, we all want to start Jr and move the answer to the point.
After the game last night, I believe Jr should start. Jr can play defense, but what overshadows it is his offensive abilities. I can't stand Carter at the point because I'm not confident in him at all whatsoever.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

I say we straight up trade AC for lindsay hunter....somehow.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:55 PM   #7
Californiafan
I brick open layups

Californiafan has an OK reputation so far

Is the team missing Andre Miller?
Californiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #8
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

Miller has been playing with the sixers for almost two years now.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #9
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

i do miss andre, but it was either him or j.r. to the sixers for iverson and i'm glad we sent him. if i could i'd go back and not do the trade at all but oh well.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:29 AM   #10
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
i do miss andre, but it was either him or j.r. to the sixers for iverson and i'm glad we sent him. if i could i'd go back and not do the trade at all but oh well.

Man we would rule now if we still had Andre, I was pissed when it went through.. what a blunder. Maybe Iverson can prove me wrong
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: