Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Sons Of Anarchy Season 6 (Spoiler Alert)

I was speechless after that brutal murder of Tara. Once we saw Unser's truck outside Jax's house, it was pretty much a guarantee someone was going to die. Sutter is a great writer in my opinion. Read a great quote earlier. "In 5 minutes, Sutter made us love and feel sorry for a character we'd come to hate all season long". Can't wait till the series finale next year.

shhhhhhh

This sets up the big Jax Gemma showdown... Gemma killed Jax's dad or had a hand in it as did Unser.... that needs to be settled and I don't have high hopes for Gemma, she's swinging in the wind now

Tara kind of had to go.. otherwise it would be more of the same next season or?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Sutter is a ****ing idiot and he does it on purpose cause he's a prick in real life. Killing Tara means what?? Means that Jax is now going to kill his Mom? So while he rots in jail or is possibly killed himself, his poor kids no longer have a mother, a father, a grandmother, and then will be stuck with that junkie bitch as their foster mom. Great story.
    Its a tragedy loosely based on Shakespearean literature

There will be no happily ever after.

Very good NBA starter

Lol at all you guys hating on this. The point to killing Tara was that it's karma for everything that Jax had done. All the death he's dealt out had come back to bite him the ass. Poor Roosevelt, everyone was shocked about Tara dying and no one even remembers he got popped

shhhhhhh

I wonder if Roosevelt is dead or ?

I saw the blood but I think he had a vest on... He might be down but not out or he's looking for a new role

Fire Dwane Casey

This show

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    I wonder if Roosevelt is dead or ?

I saw the blood but I think he had a vest on... He might be down but not out or he's looking for a new role
    99% sure he is dead.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I just caught up last night. Man does this show need to be watched on DVR to skip the commercials. It's crazy how much advertising they sell during it.

I stand by my gripe that the scheming and plotting has wound itself so far down a rabbit hole that it's almost too hard to keep track of, and it means we've lost so much time with the characters, and developing the characters, in order to deliver exposition clarifying what's happening.

I mean, when Jax and the Mayan leader went on their little stroll, that conversation could have taken place with them looking directly at camera, as a wrap up to the audience about what's happened clubwise (without even accounting for the Tara end of the show). It really could've ended with Jax looking at camera and saying "Got it? ... good, let's finish the show."

And I do think a big chunk of that is that Jax just isn't a great character. I'm not sure who's to blame. He seems to be responsible for most of the exposition, including stretches of voice over, that's more story than character building. The Swaggy swagness he swags around with I don't think helps, and I'm certain is a choice of the actor. All the lip smacking, cold eyes stuff. His hyper calm cool collective answers for everything. It's all just a bit much in my eyes. He's not nearly as interesting as any of the other characters, but occupies a ton of the shows time. But again, the show has made itself about the story more than the characters, so I can't blame him totally for being a bit flat.

There's also the Shakespearian element to this, which I've liked a lot since getting into it. The first couple seasons, the Hamlet angle was spot on. There's been more than a little King Lear. And Gemma has plenty of Lady McBeth in her. Last night, there was a definite Romeo and Juliet thing going on. The star crossed lover thing didn't start with R+J, nor is it the last thing to do it, and it may or may not be the definitive example. But this got closer than that. The sense that Jax would "die" (via going to prison) for Tara and then due to a lack of communication, it ends tragically with the other lover dieing. In R+J it's the secret death poison and not knowing that J isn't really dead, while here it's Gemma's not knowing. It's not a perfect analogy, but I'm convinced there's a good deal of intentional symmetry.

I look forward to next season. They've obviously set up a nice Gemma vs. Jax conclusion that should allow them to take all the skeletons out of the closet that have been more than hinted at. We'll have people taking sides. Unser. Juice seems like a loose canon. Nero pulling in the rest of the story. Chibbs and Bobby serving as Jax's backbone, with Tig also probably up in the air. My guess is the final image will be the club raising the kids, because they truely are like family, whoever's left of them, because I doubt Jax or Gemma will be there when everything settles.

The show as whole has had some real down times. I could've done with a few less rocked out action shootouts. A few less twists in the scheming. A few fewer dead bodies strewn all over a small town, or leaving a trail across Ireland without any recourse. A little less Jax strutting around. But that was all fine in the moment.
    And I would've liked a little more club parties where we got more depth to the characters (I love Bobby as Santa, and Bobby singing as Elvis, and everyone having a good time together, it gives some reason as to why these guys would want to be in a club together). A little more background on Unser, Gemma, Clay, and old man Teller (which I think is coming). A little more fleshed out Jax, what he and Tara were like as kids. How'd the relationship with Jax and the Junkie develop.
    And it spiked with emotional moments at all the right times. Opie's finishing the Firearm chick (spectacular season finale). Jax killing the Firearm guy. Opie's wife dieing. Opie dieing. Piney dieing. Tig's daughter. Chib's family. Homeland has some similar storyline spiraling issues in my mind, but this show never went on a stretch as long as Homeland's last two seasons, without affecting me emotionally and pulling me back in. Even if it was often times manipulative gibberish. And I feel like they're finishing right in time, not too drawn out, maybe a little, but I still feel like we're getting the conclusion of a story that started when the show began, even if there were a few meanderings along the way.

And I enjoy shitty cover versions of songs, and montages, so I'm good with those last five minutes every week.
    Last edited by Thorpesaurous; 12-12-2013 at 10:43 AM.