Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
Chaddai
I brick open layups

Chaddai has an OK reputation so far
Default Manning to Denver most likely

If sources are true, Manning will sign with Denver.

According to Vic Lombardi on twitter:
"Just heard from my peoples. Broncos now 95% confident he'll sign with Denver. Their number, not mine."

Someone asked him on twitter: "Why so confident... what changed?"---- and he replied: "Broncos were contacted by manning TONIGHT."

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/VicLombardi

Bye Tebow?
Chaddai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Manning to Denver most likely

I don't understand Manning's logic on this one. Even though Peyton is a HOFer he's going to have to deal with the Tebow nonsense, after every single loss fans will be calling for Tebow. But if there's any player that can get through the Tebow stardom it's Peyton Manning. I also don't think Denver is that good of a team..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #3
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Why is this appealing? I don't see it happening. DeMaryius Thomas has the physical gifts to be a top 10 WR but stilll... Arizona or Miami, why not them?
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
Chaddai
I brick open layups

I think it's because of Denver's cap space. They have the ability to sign some of Manning's ex teammates as well as lure in maybe a Marques Colston.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

They have a very good offensive line, so it makes sense there.

Cap space, makes sense there.

Weapons? Peyton has never played with someone like Thomas before, a physical freak, and Wayne and/or Clark will probably be coming, so that will be good.

Run game? Who knows. Should be better than anything Manning has had the last numerous years.

Defense, I'm not sold. The way the Patriots marched up and down the field, twice, against them....makes me a non-believer in them.....but still, better than what Manning is used to.

Not a strong division either.

We'll see what happens. At least he'll be protected behind Clady and company.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
Chaddai
I brick open layups

Update:
"Broncos official wants it known: Manning didn't call team today or tonight & inform they're 95% fave. Manning source already refuted to me"
By Chris Mortensen
https://twitter.com/#!/mortreport

Vic Lombardi confident with his sources though.

Last edited by Chaddai : 03-12-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #7
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

As long as he stays away from NFC West I'm happy.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:00 AM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So this is lebron James offseason all over again where people have their "sources" on where he WILL go.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #9
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Eh I guess it's a good fit. Broncos have some talented WR's in Thomas and Decker and their run game played well last year but we'll see if it will be effective without Tebow under center. Defense is good, a bit overrated at times, but good. I think Dumervill might be gone but Von Miller is a premier pass rusher in the league.

Bad division and they were a playoff team last year. A better fit than Arizona IMO.

if Manning signs, the Broncos don't need Wayne IMO . I think Decker and Thomas would be sufficient. Sign Dallas Clark...
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

IMO it is perfect fit...the ONLY issue I can see with it is "Tebow Mania"...and if you think about it that would be a silly thing to be discouraged by.

it could also be seen as a good thing for Tebow...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
Chaddai
I brick open layups

If Manning goes to Denver though, it is most likely he'll be traded to Jacksonville or some other team.

Last edited by Chaddai : 03-12-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddai
If Manning goes to Denver though, it is most likely he's traded to Jacksonville or some other team.

What other team? He's not gonna start anywhere outside of maybe Jax because of his popularity down Florida. And thats if he wins the job. Who giving up good value for Tebow?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #13
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
What other team? He's not gonna start anywhere outside of maybe Jax because of his popularity down Florida. And thats if he wins the job. Who giving up good value for Tebow?

Dolphins, for the simple fact that they need to sell out the stadium.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Dolphins, for the simple fact that they need to sell out the stadium.

Matt Flynn, paired with GB OC. Good luck Miami.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: