Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA2k12s top10 best, and Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Why are people defending that the ratings aren't how good the player is and is some convoluted stat average?

Why does Dirk suffer from not being a great rebounder but Rose doesn't That CLEARLY means they pay attention to the players themselves outside of the stats, they realize that dirk as a big man should be getting rebs and rose as a pg shouldn't. YET, when it comes to the overall rating, they ignore things like flat out effectiveness? And who's the better player?

Not that good of a system. IMO.
    Adjusting for rating for position is easy. Adjusting overall ratings by impact is more abstract.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Why are people defending that the ratings aren't how good the player is and is some convoluted stat average?
    Because the only other way to do it would be to pull some number out of your ass that "feels" right then modify the system to match it....which would work...for that one player. But the system needed to make Dirk a 96 would also make guys with more all around games worse since it would have to throw out or greatly reduce how much rebounds and defense count. It would require a different system to rank everyone and its just not reasonable to expect.

The number doesnt matter. Its how good the player plays. Dirk plays better than an 85 so what does his 85 matter?

Really all I can think of is to rank players by what they would be role wise like on my player. If Dirk is classified as a faceup bigman perhaps hes a 95. As a defensive bigman hes a 75 perhaps...but thats not his class. Make Lebron an all around...so maybe hes a 95-96. Make Rose a score first PG so hes a 95 or so. Make Paul a pass first so hes a 97 or so. Make Shaq in his prime a back to the basket scorer so hes a 98. Whatever.

Only way I can think to do it. But they would have to assign a play type to everyone in the game. For no reason at all...but to keep people from complaining about a number that doesnt matter in any way while playing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

All this does is show why you can't break down players in this way. You will reach faulty conclusions.

I rule the local playground sosolid4u09's Avatar

dirk should be at least 88

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Because the only other way to do it would be to pull some number out of your ass that "feels" right then modify the system to match it....which would work...for that one player. But the system needed to make Dirk a 96 would also make guys with more all around games worse since it would have to throw out or greatly reduce how much rebounds and defense count. It would require a different system to rank everyone and its just not reasonable to expect.

The number doesnt matter. Its how good the player plays. Dirk plays better than an 85 so what does his 85 matter?

Really all I can think of is to rank players by what they would be role wise like on my player. If Dirk is classified as a faceup bigman perhaps hes a 95. As a defensive bigman hes a 75 perhaps...but thats not his class. Make Lebron an all around...so maybe hes a 95-96. Make Rose a score first PG so hes a 95 or so. Make Paul a pass first so hes a 97 or so. Make Shaq in his prime a back to the basket scorer so hes a 98. Whatever.

Only way I can think to do it. But they would have to assign a play type to everyone in the game. For no reason at all...but to keep people from complaining about a number that doesnt matter in any way while playing.
    Exactly why he shouldn't be a 85 man. These ratings are supposed to reflect the players performance. If Jordan was a 85 would you still be saying the same shit? That he plays better than a 85 and that the number doesn't mean nothing? I know that just about every bull fan would be mad as hell and feel the same way I do about Dirks rating.

For christ sake Westbrooks overall is higher than Dirks and he as a inconsistent jumpshot, barely passes the ball. Show me one person that would say Westbrook is better than Dirk overall or that he's simply better than Dirk is. Or would even include him in the top10.
    Last edited by NBAller; 09-29-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by NBAller
    Exactly why he shouldn't be a 85 man. These ratings are supposed to reflect the players performance. If Jordan was a 85 would you still be saying the same shit? That he plays better than a 85 and that the number doesn't mean nothing? I know that just about every bull fan would be mad as hell and feel the same way I do about Dirks rating.

For christ sake Westbrooks overall is higher than Dirks and he as a inconsistent jumpshot, barely passes the ball. Show me one person that would say Westbrook is better than Dirk overall or that he's simply better than Dirk is. Or would even include him in the top10.
    Westbrook is good at what a guard is supposed to do. Mid-range, Pass, Speed, Finishing at the rim, Vertical.

Nowitzki is good at shooting............and um, uhh....
    His post defense, rebounding, shotblocking, is sup bar which explains his 85.

WHY IS THAT SO HARD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND??!?!?!???!?!?! He has a friggin 99 mid range? Dirk is the last person people should be complaining about, real 2K players know that he will be one of the most abused players in the game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Heres a system

Close shooting /10
    Mid shooting /10
    3pt shooting /10
    Reb /10
    Assists /10
    Length /10 (this means, height AND jumping ability)
    Stl /10
    Blk /10
    Efficiency /10
    Free throws /10

So here are some players-

Rose...: 9, 9, 6, 3, 10, 7, 2, 1, 5, 8 = 60 (80)

Lebron: 10, 9, 8, 9, 10, 8, 2, 2, 7, 8 = 73 (93)

Dirk....: 9, 10, 8, 7, 6, 8, 1, 2, 8, 9 = 68 (88)

Dwight: 10, 5, 0, 10, 5, 10, 1, 8, 10, 5 = 64 (84)

Kobe:....9, 10, 8, 5, 5, 7, 2, 2, 7, 8 = 63 (83)

Might not be perfect, might have made a few mistakes.. But I'll be damned if yall don't think thats way more accurate than what is currently in place.

Much more accurate than what is currently in place. If we factored in clutchness, damn, I'd say those are extremely accurate for the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi11209
    Westbrook is good at what a guard is supposed to do. Mid-range, Pass, Speed, Finishing at the rim, Vertical.

Nowitzki is good at shooting............and um, uhh....
    His post defense, rebounding, shotblocking, is sup bar which explains his 85.

WHY IS THAT SO HARD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND??!?!?!???!?!?! He has a friggin 99 mid range? Dirk is the last person people should be complaining about, real 2K players know that he will be one of the most abused players in the game.
    Dwight Howard averaged FOUR rebounds more per game than Dirk last season. Yet Dirk is sub par? smh..
    Last edited by NBAller; 09-29-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by NBAller
    Dwight Howard averaged 7 rebounds more per game than Dirk last season.
    You right

Another thread where the OP swears everyone is crazy is except for him... ugh

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Another thread where the OP swears everyone is crazy is except for him... ugh
    What are you talking about? I just disagree with Dirks ratings, as a few other people agree. don't like it, don't open the thread.

Saw a basketball once

There's no reason to disagree with Dirks rating. He doesn't play like a prototypical Power Forward.

I rule the local playground sosolid4u09's Avatar

Heres a system

Close shooting /10
    Mid shooting /10
    3pt shooting /10
    Reb /10
    Assists /10
    Length /10 (this means, height AND jumping ability)
    Stl /10
    Blk /10
    Efficiency /10
    Free throws /10

So here are some players-

Rose...: 9, 9, 6, 3, 10, 7, 2, 1, 5, 8 = 60 (80)

Lebron: 10, 9, 8, 9, 10, 8, 2, 2, 7, 8 = 73 (93)

Dirk....: 9, 10, 8, 7, 6, 8, 1, 2, 8, 9 = 68 (88)

Dwight: 10, 5, 0, 10, 5, 10, 1, 8, 10, 5 = 64 (84)

Kobe:....9, 10, 8, 5, 5, 7, 2, 2, 7, 8 = 63 (83)

Might not be perfect, might have made a few mistakes.. But I'll be damned if yall don't think thats way more accurate than what is currently in place.

Much more accurate than what is currently in place. If we factored in clutchness, damn, I'd say those are extremely accurate for the NBA.
    that system absolutely SUCKS!
    ratings should be weighted according to their position and style of play.
    also wheres the stats for athleticism? again these should be weighted for different positions and styles.

i.e. rose shouldn't get penalized for not being a great rebounder just like howard shouldn't be penalized for being a poor passer

Quote Originally Posted by luigi11209
    There's no reason to disagree with Dirks rating. He doesn't play like a prototypical Power Forward.
    Well you're right about the 7, I was looking at the career stats instead of last seasons.