Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Default Lebron just moved up my GOAT list

I've been watching games longer than most of you have been alive.
    That was about as fine a playoff performance as I have ever seen. Easily up there with the best ever. Boston played like crap, but that is no reason to discount Lebron's beasting.
    Truly a special performance. Enjoy this shit while you can, 'cause it is extremely rare.

Default Re: Lebron just moved up my GOAT list

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    That was about as fine a playoff performance as I have ever seen. Easily up there with the best ever. Boston played like crap, but that is no reason to discount Lebron's beasting.
    Truly a special performance. Enjoy this shit while you can, 'cause it is extremely rare.
    This is what I wish everyone acknowledged. We spend so much time criticizing players like Kobe, LeBron, etc., yet they're so rare to come along. Instead of hating all the time, I just enjoy watching them play.

i wanted to make he same thread

Not to mention he defended Paul pierce like a baws!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    Not to mention he defended Paul pierce like a baws!
    but pierce just had a bad night he missed a lot of open shots as well

From an MJ thread that got deleted:

Quote Originally Posted by cteach111
    what we saw last night could be a turning point... keep this in mind... he's only 27 years old and hes still younger than Jordan was when he got his 1st title.

what he's been doing this postseason has been epic... better than many of the past greats postseasons.

Lebron displayed the grit and attitude that he needs to have when the going gets tough. It was a rare sight to see, but this could be the start of things to come.

If James really has figured out how to handle real pressure situations, then its over for the NBA for 2-3 years.

Basically, 90% of the people on this site grew up watching Michael, and the media and NBA analysts alike have crowned him the no question GOAT. And commercials and what not have made him a god in most people's eyes. So no matter what you say, and no matter what Lebron does, he'll never be on MJ's level to almost everyone's eyes.

Old School guys who were adults (not emotional kids with no basketball knowlegde) in the 80's and not Bulls fans have a different view of him than most guys in their 20's and 30's, but for the most part, people are going to tell you that you're crazy.

In all honestly, I think Lebron is a better overall player than MJ was, but not a better winner, and doesn't have near the confidence.

He needs to win a ring first before any of this can be discussed.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by The_LA_Blakers
    From an MJ thread that got deleted:

Basically, 90% of the people on this site grew up watching Michael, and the media and NBA analysts alike have crowned him the no question GOAT. And commercials and what not have made him a god in most people's eyes. So no matter what you say, and no matter what Lebron does, he'll never be on MJ's level to almost everyone's eyes.

Old School guys who were adults (not emotional kids with no basketball knowlegde) in the 80's and not Bulls fans have a different view of him than most guys in their 20's and 30's, but for the most part, people are going to tell you that you're crazy.

In all honestly, I think Lebron is a better overall player than MJ was, but not a better winner, and doesn't have near the confidence.

He needs to win a ring first before any of this can be discussed.
    Jordan has 38 40+ point playoff games vs. Lebron's 11. He has 28 40+/5+/5+ playoff games vs. Lebron's 11. He also has 8 50+ point playoff games vs. Lebron's 0. Not to mention 6 rings vs. 0. No, its not cause of commercials and hype, and its getting ridiculous how much people think that. The gap is just that wide. One great game doesn't change that. Same thing goes for the Kobe comparisons to Jordan. On one hand, its great to see players have games like that, especially for players like Lebron where they actually have performances where comparing his performance to Jordan is actually justified. On the other hand, it reinforces the overrating of him cause people actually think this means Lebron is better or equal or on his way to being equal or better then Jordan, completely ignoring that Jordan and others have had performances like this and ignoring some of the reasons why we don't put him on that level, at least yet, specifically the horrible disappointing performances he's had fairly recently. Let Lebron win a ring first and then let him get 5 more with this kind of playoff run before we start saying that. By the way, him being 27 and Jordan at 27 is not the same. Lebron is the oldest 27 year old to ever play. Why do people keep ignoring that?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Jordan has 38 40+ point playoff games vs. Lebron's 11. He has 28 40+/5+/5+ playoff games vs. Lebron's 11. He also has 8 50+ point playoff games vs. Lebron's 0. Not to mention 6 rings vs. 0. No, its not cause of commercials and hype, and its getting ridiculous how much people think that. The gap is just that wide. One great game doesn't change that. Same thing goes for the Kobe comparisons to Jordan. On one hand, its great to see players have games like that, especially for players like Lebron where they actually have performances where comparing his performance to Jordan is actually justified. On the other hand, it reinforces the overrating of him cause people actually think this means Lebron is better or equal or on his way to being equal or better then Jordan, completely ignoring that Jordan and others have had performances like this and ignoring some of the reasons why we don't put him on that level, at least yet, specifically the horrible disappointing performances he's had fairly recently. Let Lebron win a ring first and then let him get 5 more with this kind of playoff run before we start saying that. By the way, him being 27 and Jordan at 27 is not the same. Lebron is the oldest 27 year old to ever play. Why do people keep ignoring that?
    Why are you holding the rebounding and assists at 5? Raise it up and Lebron will probably be closer to MJ.

MJ was a better scorer than Lebron. We already know that.

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    but pierce just had a bad night he missed a lot of open shots as well

True.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Let's see:

1. MJ
    2. Russell
    3. Kareem
    4. Magic
    5. Larry
    6. Wilt
    7. Duncan
    8. Kobe
    9. Shaq
    10. Hakeem
    11. Moses
    12. Oscar
    13. LeBron
    14. West
    15. Dr. J
    16. Elgin Baylor
    17. Isiah Thomas
    18. Dirk Nowitzki
    19. Charles Barkley
    20. Karl Malone

That's how I'd rank it. I'd definitely take LeBron over anyone in the 17-20 range. It's tough with West, Baylor and Dr. J. I'd still probably take LeBron there and definitely if he gets a ring.

It's basically where I had Kobe pre-2009.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

I just want to see Lebron play 4 quarters once in my life time.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    did Rondo also move up on your GOAT list after his 44 pts performance in gm 2?

Overreaction thread, LBJ should be dominating like this, he has a long way to go to reach the upper echelon of the All Time greats list.

OTOH, if he has a clunker in gm 7, watch people here in ISH call him the biggest overhyped player ever

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    did Rondo also move up on your GOAT list after his 44 pts performance in gm 2?

Overreaction thread, LBJ should be dominating like this, he has a long way to go to reach the upper echelon of the All Time greats list.

OTOH, if he has a clunker in gm 7, watch people here in ISH call him the biggest overhyped player ever
    Pretty much

If James really has figured out how to handle real pressure situations, then its over for the NBA for 2-3 years.
    So.... he doesn't need more help after all? Or does he? Are his teammates scrubs or not? i'm confused...

LeBron is just too good. Kobe is my boy but I wish he can have games like this for an elimination game.