Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 08-23-2007, 03:03 AM   #16
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: predict this year's stats

Starters:
C-Yao Ming-21ppg, 11rpg
PF-Luis Scola-8ppg, 6rpg
SF-Shane Battier-9ppg, 3rpg
SG-Tracy McGrady-25ppg, 5apg
PG-Steve Francis-13ppg, 7apg

Main Bench:
PG-Mike James-8ppg, 4apg
SF-Bonzi Wells-7ppg, 3rpg
PF-Chuck Hayes-5ppg, 5rpg
SG/PG-Luther Head-6ppg, 2apg
C-Dikembe Mutombo-4ppg, 5rpg
PG-Aaron Brooks-2ppg, 2apg
C/PF-Jackie Butler-2ppg, 2rpg

It is crazy to think of the Rockets scoring so many points, but I don't see how they can't with this much talent and an offensive based coach. I had them getting rid of Alston and not adding anyone, which obviously won't happen as well. I also expect this team to make a deal at the deadline after they figure out what they need. I wouldn't mind seeing Wells, James, or Head going if it meant bringing in a youngish player like Marvin Williams, Ike Diogu, Troy Murphy, or even a guy like Steven Hunter to clean out some of the "extra" players they have.

No matter what they put up for stats though, this team as a lot of good players and are in really good shape I think. They were smart to get such a deep team since Yao and McGrady aren't the healthiest players (I think they play Yao a little less during the regular season this year).
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:14 AM   #17
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
Starters:
C-Yao Ming-21ppg, 11rpg
PF-Luis Scola-8ppg, 6rpg
SF-Shane Battier-9ppg, 3rpg
SG-Tracy McGrady-25ppg, 5apg
PG-Steve Francis-13ppg, 7apg

Main Bench:
PG-Mike James-8ppg, 4apg
SF-Bonzi Wells-7ppg, 3rpg
PF-Chuck Hayes-5ppg, 5rpg
SG/PG-Luther Head-6ppg, 2apg
C-Dikembe Mutombo-4ppg, 5rpg
PG-Aaron Brooks-2ppg, 2apg
C/PF-Jackie Butler-2ppg, 2rpg

It is crazy to think of the Rockets scoring so many points, but I don't see how they can't with this much talent and an offensive based coach. I had them getting rid of Alston and not adding anyone, which obviously won't happen as well. I also expect this team to make a deal at the deadline after they figure out what they need. I wouldn't mind seeing Wells, James, or Head going if it meant bringing in a youngish player like Marvin Williams, Ike Diogu, Troy Murphy, or even a guy like Steven Hunter to clean out some of the "extra" players they have.

No matter what they put up for stats though, this team as a lot of good players and are in really good shape I think. They were smart to get such a deep team since Yao and McGrady aren't the healthiest players (I think they play Yao a little less during the regular season this year).

those are some nice numbers. but i think the bench will do a little bit better than that.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:27 AM   #18
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
well i wasn't referring to you but as long as you put who you thought wouldn't make the team and put down stats for the one's you thought would still be there then your good to go.

Sorry man, quoted the wrong person. Was supposed to quote the guy one up from you. My bad.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #19
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Sorry man, quoted the wrong person. Was supposed to quote the guy one up from you. My bad.

oh ok. its cool.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #20
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
how do you think the rockets players will do this year?? make predictions.

Rafer Alston 12 ppg 5 apg 1 or 2 spg
Shane Battier 10 ppg 6 rpg 3 spg
Aaron Brooks 8 ppg 4 asp 2 spg
Jackie Butler 2 ppg 4 rpg .63 bpg
Steve Francis 16 ppg 5 asp 3 spg
Mike Harris
Chuck Hayes 6 ppg 8rpg .43 bpg
Luther Head 11.5 ppg 3 asp 2 spg
Mike James 14 ppg 4 asp 3 spg
Carl Landry
John Lucas III
Tracy McGrady 24 ppg 8 asp 7 rpg
Dikembe Mutombo 3 ppg 3 rpg 3 or 4 bpg
Brad Newley
Steve Novak 7 ppg 2 rpg 1 asp
Justin Reed
Luis Scola (really haven't seen him play)
Kirk Snyder 5 ppg 2 spg 1 asp
Bob Sura
Jake Tsakalidis
Bonzi Wells 11 ppg 3 asp 2 spg
Yao Ming 26 ppg 11 rpg 2 bpg

highlight the one's you think won't make the team and post some stats next to the players names on how you think they will do.

eliminate it down to 15 players or less.
you do realize that you already have 32 assists up there per game and over half the players dont have it listed. If you average 32 assists from the 1 and 2 spots you will definitely win the nba championship.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #21
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Mike Harris
Carl Landry
John Lucas III
Brad Newley
Justin Reed
Bob Sura
Jake Tsakalidis

highlight the one's you think won't make the team and post some stats next to the players names on how you think they will do.

you do realize that you already have 32 assists up there per game and over half the players dont have it listed. If you average 32 assists from the 1 and 2 spots you will definitely win the nba championship.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:22 PM   #22
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
I'll go Points/Rebounds/Assists/Steals/Blocks for each player. They're all rough estimates, so don't anyone get made because their favourite player didn't get as good as he probably might be.

--

Rafer Alston
10/2/4/.8/.1

Shane Battier
12/5/2/1/1

Aaron Brooks
4/1/1.5/.5/.1

Jackie Butler
6/3/.5/.3/.8

Steve Francis
14/4/4/1/.5

Chuck Hayes
5.5/6/1/.5/.5

Luther Head
9/2/3/.5/.2

Mike James
12/2/4/1.3/.4

Tracy McGrady
21/6/6/1.8/.7

Dikembe Mutombo
3/7/.3/.3/1.6

Brad Newley
Will stay in Australia.

Steve Novak
6/3/1/.5/.5

Luis Scola
10/7.5/2/1/1.5

Kirk Snyder
5/3/1/.5/.2

Bob Sura
Hasn't he retired?

Jake Tsakalidis
1.5/3/.1/.1/1

Bonzi Wells
8/5/2/1.5/1

Yao Ming
25/10/3/.5/1.9

There's 18 there.

Bobby Sura I don't think will ever be back in the NBA. Brad Newley will not be playing in the NBA this season. It's already been said here in Australia that he will continue playing with the Adelaide 36ers (yes a rip off of the 76ers). For the final cut, I don't think Jake Tsakalidis will make the team. The big slow Euro who has sub-par skill and doesn't have very much basketball knowledge will be back playing in Europe by the start of the season.

Obviously all players are best situation type things. So, the likes of Jackie Butler and a few others probably wont even come close to averaging what I listed because they want get as many minutes as I'm assuming they're going to be getting, but if they do happen to get some decent minutes, then that's what I think they're going to be averaging.
34.3 assists per game eh? At elast you have all the players totalled up. PHX (lead assist team last year) only averaged about 26 a game so you guys are gonna be rocking that fast paced offensive that will suit Yao's strengths huh? http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortab...nf=1&prd=1#top

Last edited by boozehound : 08-23-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #23
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
34.3 assists per game eh? At elast you have all the players totalled up. PHX (lead assist team last year) only averaged about 26 a game so you guys are gonna be rocking that fast paced offensive that will suit Yao's strengths huh? http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortab...nf=1&prd=1#top

well i'm not sure if rafer will be there so i can take that off, and subtract some from t-mac, francis, and mike james. i wasn't trying to get carried away or anything, i was just trying to put what i thought they would average. maybe i should of added up this teams total.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:30 AM   #24
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound

Dude, read the entire thing before criticizing anyone. It CLEARLY says in the last paragraph that these are the BEST CASE scenario numbers, and not what they will average. For ****s sake some people are stupid.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:53 PM   #25
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Heres the starters:

Points/rebs/ast
PG: Francis 14/3/6
SG: McGrady 26/5/6
SF: Battier 10/4/3
PF: Scola (don't know about him so I will do chuck hayes) 6/6/1
C: Yao 25/10/2
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #26
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:

Mike Harris
Carl Landry
John Lucas III
Brad Newley
Justin Reed
Bob Sura
Jake Tsakalidis

155.5ppg... 0.o
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:22 AM   #27
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
155.5ppg... 0.o

it won't be like that every night. there will be injurys, bad games, about 3 or four people being the main scoring getting in double digits and the others not, stuff like that.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:34 PM   #28
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

Steve Francis 12.7pts/5a/5r/
Tracy Mcgrady 22.4pts/5a/5r/
Shane Battier 8.3pts/3a/4r
Luis Scola 11.1pts/3a/6r
Yao Ming 23.8pts/2.7a/9.8r

Mike James 8.7pts/2.4a/2.1r
Luther Head 4.8pts/2.6a/1.9r
Bonzi Wells 9.2pts/2.8a/4.2r
Chuck Hayes 3.7pts/1.3a/4.8r
Dikembe ???? 1.3pts/0.7a/3.8r

Aaron Brooks 4.2pts/1.8a/1.6r
Steve Novak 1.3pts/0.4a/0.7r
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:23 AM   #29
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Most of the team is hard to predict especially Scola and Francis. For T-Mac I say

26.7 ppg 5.6 rpg 7.2 apg 1.4 spg 0.6 bpg

For Yao...maybe last years averages.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #30
tmacyaokobe01
Banned

tmacyaokobe01 has an OK reputation so far

Rafer Alston: 12 ppg, 7 Apg

T-Mac: 27 ppg, 6 rpg, 5 apg

Yao: 24 ppg, 11 rpg, 3 bpg

Francis: 15 ppg, 4 apg, 4 rpg