Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend

Default Re: What the hell happened to my dog? Help.

Sounds like a job for Dr Vick.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Take him to the Vet you idiot.

His right paw is way better than it was yesterday. He allows me to touch it and move it around now. The left paw with the broken nail seems to be in a lot more pain. That makes me feel a lot better.

And Insidehoops is not my #1 reference. I am all over reading about it. But who knows, maybe there is a vet here..

Hey asshole. Take your dog to the vet. A lot cheaper to pull out a thorn than it is to treat an infection.

Oh, and of course the walking conservative hard-on doesn't have health insurance.

Banned

To the OP and I am pretty serious, when situations like this comes up and you are financially strapped, you take the dog out somewhere and put him down. Give him a proper burial and get another dog.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    To the OP and I am pretty serious, when situations like this comes up and you are financially strapped, you take the dog out somewhere and put him down. Give him a proper burial and get another dog.
    You don't put a dog down because his paw hurts, you fukcing idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    What a fucking dolt. You don't shoot your dog because (s)he stepped on a nettle patch and you're too cheap to get it removed.

Call an animal agency and see if they can help u out. There are a lot of charities for that reason. Maybe they can help u with a vet. Be honest and see what happens.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    What a fucking dolt. You don't shoot your dog because (s)he stepped on a nettle patch and you're too cheap to get it removed.

Well you can if you want

I would clean his paws with soap and water and wait it out. If he is in constant pain, as in yelping without putting pressure on it then I would go to the vet. But yeah I liked the idea of calling around and trying to get someone to at least look at it for free or close to it. Maybe post pictures on a pet specific/vet forum as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Well you can if you want
    If you want to go to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    I would clean his paws with soap and water and wait it out. If he is in constant pain, as in yelping without putting pressure on it then I would go to the vet. But yeah I liked the idea of calling around and trying to get someone to at least look at it for free or close to it. Maybe post pictures on a pet specific/vet forum as well.
    Thank you for being a sensible person. He is not yelping without putting pressure on it. If that is what people were imagining, no. He is mostly laying down and not walking much, which is killing him because he is one of the most social dogs I have ever seen. He wants to be running on everyone in the house and smelling the cat, but for now he is bed ridden and seemingly frustrated by that fact. I have also seen improvement over the last two days, giving me further hope that waiting it out will be a good choice. Posting this on pet specific forums is also a good idea.
    Last edited by joe; 09-30-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Hey asshole. Take your dog to the vet. A lot cheaper to pull out a thorn than it is to treat an infection.

Oh, and of course the walking conservative hard-on doesn't have health insurance.
    I never thought of myself as a conservative. And my personal financial situation has never impacted my political thoughts. What's right is right. Being conservative because you are rich, or liberal because you are poor... is not real beliefs. It is self interest turned into political beliefs.

Me not having health insurance is a calculated gamble. I could have it if I wanted probably, but it would be costly and I am willing to bet that I won't need it. If something catastrophic happens, I hope someone will help me but I accept if they won't. It's my gamble. I am in my 20's, eat really healthy, etc etc. If there was any time to not have health insurance and use that money towards something else, now is that time.
    Last edited by joe; 09-30-2014 at 10:31 PM.