Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 01-23-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
No_Look604
Local High School Star

No_Look604 has not been impressing people
Default Keep Artest & Bibby, trade Salmons for a big?

Hey everyone,
First time poster here. I finally had to create an account after seeing how nice the kings have been playing lately. I haven't been this proud of the kings since game 7 vs the spurs a few years back. It's awesome to see the kings with a bright future ahead of themselves. Especially seeing Miller turn it around. I'm fully aware he's in a minor slump at the moment and he did carry the team on his back during all the injuries...but is it time to trade John Salmons? I'm all for trading him for a SOLID big, if possible. Not for a Randolph-Eddie Curry type or someone looking to revive their career though. It's a shame Wilcox plays for Seattle or he'd be perfect alongside Miller. We're going to make some noise in the playoffs regardless of any trades...but a nice shot blocking, rebounder would do us wonders. I must mention that I'm a die-hard Bibby fan and have followed him through college and his days in my hometown of Vancouver. That's why if I had a choice to trade anyone it would be Salmons or Artest. Let Bibby's contract run out after next year.

p.s. what's Salmons signed for? and how long do we have KT for? fu$%in unmoveable cancer. Just wondering what your guys' opinions are of KT? Do you see him contributing at all this year? Any opinions/ideas on how to get us over the hump, for this season, are welcomed.

GOOOOO KINGS!! clippers are gettin smashed on tonight. are there any forums where I can download the full games the day after or whatever?
No_Look604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
No_Look604
Local High School Star

Default Re: Keep Artest & Bibby, trade Salmons for a big?

No way the sonics are trading Wilcox...so what about Sam Dalambert from the '6ers? Not sure how he's playing, but I heard they wanna trade him. Feel free to flame away if the guy's being overpaid. I don't know the numbers.
He is a good defender...might be a little skiinny. lol Any other big men from the east that are on the block?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
wadeshaqcook
I airball my layups

wadeshaqcook has an OK reputation so far

Trade Artest & Bibby to the heat for smush parker jason williams ricky davis and mark blount or dorrell wright.
wadeshaqcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
Kings_Alex
Sugar K

Kings_Alex has an OK reputation so far

keep the team as is. did you see how smooth they played yesterday?
Kings_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:39 PM   #5
No_Look604
Local High School Star

put the crack pipe down buddy, the kings will do the right thing and let bibby & artest's contracts expire and go from there. I have a good feeling they will both resign for reasonable contracts with all the success I see them having in the near future. bibby-udrih combo reminds me of the bobby jackson days. bibby will stay fresh & supply the ONIONS come crunch time. If the kings could pick up a physical, shot-clocking, rebounder(if there's even one available) they could definately advance in the playoffs.

Let's hear it kings fans, you get to see the team play way more than me, should we try swing a deal or just keep Salmons & hope that he gels?
Old 01-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #6
No_Look604
Local High School Star

unfortunately NO I'm from the bay, but I go to school in Vancouver,BC. Their games are never on here. I need to get NBATV or something...I'm missing out big time.

Can someone please FILL ME IN & post our starting 5 and their back ups. Not sure where Salmons & Artest play cuz they're all over the place. Salmons at the 3 and Artest at 4 sounds possible?

Bibby - Udrih
Martin - Garcia
Artest - Salmons
Moore - ?
Miller - Hawes

OR

Bibby - Udrih
Martin - Garcia
Salmons - ??
Artest - Moore
Miller - Hawes

Last edited by No_Look604 : 01-23-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #7
No_Look604
Local High School Star

The more I look at it..the kings are loaded with talent and similar to golden state because they have players that can guard different positions artest-martin-salmons, yet can cause a mismatch on offense too.

It all boils down to Artest's shot selection to me, whether the kings go real deep or not. Plus, whether Petrie can add a solid BIG or not. Brad Miller's a beast again, Bibby's finally 100% healthy and doesn't have to play 40min a game, Martin's one of the league's premier scorers & Salmons for a good 30-35 games was easily the most improved player in the league, even over bynum & kaman to me.

Miller's schooling Kaman tonight!!

Last edited by No_Look604 : 01-23-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #8
No_Look604
Local High School Star

Kings_Alex......how is Mikki Moore playing so far? Do you actually see the Miller, Moore combo working well in the playoffs? Moore seems too skinny to bang...correct me if I'm wrong? lol

***WILLIAMS...is he coming back this year? There was a real buzz online about this kid in pre-season. I saw his vegas summer camp games, but that was it. He could be the answer to my concerns.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: