Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #16
EuroWise
GM Star

EuroWise has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
Here's a link. That' the Raps still pushing for Howard. What to trade they don't say but.
So they'd have to put in 12 mil they were gonna spend that 12 mil anyway this year on JO. It's not like were making a salaray cap move it's to get a good wing player in and it would come of the cap next year anyways for the Mavs. We definitely don't want a bad contract back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...dime-090110-11

Take what you will from it that I think it means the Raps are still after him IMO

It is kind of complicated to trade JO this season. And I believe we have very little chances to improve with the pieces we have to trade with, except AB, JC, and CB.

Let's be patient and try to develope AB and play at least a fun basketball to watch. Except a big surprise...it is what we have....everybody is waiting 2010.
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #17
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I told you guys... this is more or less our team for the rest of the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
People are just excusing this move as "he was just taking a chance" rather than just saying it was a bonehead idea. His vision was waaaayyyy off. All that talk about JO at the 5 and Bargs at the 3 went out the window real fast. And the thing is, JO has been good for us when he played so when (not if, most likely when) we aren't able to move him he's gonna feel betrayed by the man who promised him a significant role on this team and I can see that causing more problems for our team.

Smarten up.... JO's contract expires in the biggest year of free aganecy this game has seen. A lot of teams who aren't players in the 2010 free agency are trying to become players. BC has too many choices, that's why no move has been made yet, he's waiting to see if something better comes along.

And who cares about what you describe as betrayal? This game is a business, start thinking like that for a change.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #18
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

read before you write:
Quote:
... Toronto's Bryan Colangelo has been shopping Jermaine O'Neal and his contract ($21 million this year, $23 next) with no takers so far.
Insidehoops front page.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #19
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
This game is a business, start thinking like that for a change.

That's the part that worries me at the bigger scale. MLSE is making money regardless if the Raptors are good or just mediocre. So for anyone who wants Colangelo fired, it won't happen for that reason. Colangelo can just keep his likable "character" team rather than a winning one and it won't matter to anyone since the money will still keep rolling in.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #20
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
That's the part that worries me at the bigger scale. MLSE is making money regardless if the Raptors are good or just mediocre. So for anyone who wants Colangelo fired, it won't happen for that reason. Colangelo can just keep his likable "character" team rather than a winning one and it won't matter to anyone since the money will still keep rolling in.
That's the other part of it. His job is not really on the line so there's zero amount of pressure to put a winning team on the court in the near future.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #21
GoodTrade
I airball my layups

GoodTrade has an OK reputation so far

I actually like BC....2 years from now we will all be singing his praises..mark this post
GoodTrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #22
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

This has nothing to do with MLSE. We are under the cap, and JO has a big tradeable contract. Some people here seem to think that we have no options or that BC has put a strangle hold on this teams ability to make some moves. Get over the fact that he traded TJ. He was a piece of sh!t like I said countless times.

JO has a lot of value, and I find it dificult that some of you don't see that.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:35 PM   #23
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Disagree. The Toronto fan base is fickle when it is not Leafs related. See: The Toronto Blue Jays. They were a good team in the early 90's, sold out every game, became the first team in MLB history to have 4,000,000 people roll through the gates in a single season. As soon as the team started to go downhill, the fans left (except for the die-hards) and they are only now, 15 years later, starting to get fans back (and they're no where near that #). The Toronto sports fan has shown they will support you if you're a winner, but it you aren't the Leafs, they'll forget about you.

This team started selling out consistently when it became good, and there would be concerns about an eroding season ticket base with a team that's perceived to be stagnant or going back downhill (coupled with a poor economy). There's already signs of a disgruntled fan base with message boards like this, calls in to local radio shows, and the smatterings of boos throughout the crowd.

Now, I don't think that Colangelo should be fired at this point and I think anyone who's calling for that is very shortsighted. I'll wait and see where the team is after 5 years under his stewardship before making any of those calls.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #24
GoodTrade
I airball my layups

GoodTrade has an OK reputation so far

JO is an over the hill injury prone pencil legged baby. He has negative value in terms of what your getting. The guy is never healthy to even play a game plus hes owed 21m/season. If a team is looking to clear cap space they will get expiring players that WILL actually play and not sit on the sidelines in a suit. No GM is that stupid. We are stuck with Jermain O'iminjured again O'neil till 2010
GoodTrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #25
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
JO has a lot of value, and I find it dificult that some of you don't see that.

I'd like to think so since he's played very well at times this year but when you read stories about no deals being available and teams saying O'Neal has zero lift left in his legs, it's not very encouraging.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:39 PM   #26
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
I'd like to think so since he's played very well at times this year but when you read stories about no deals being available and teams saying O'Neal has zero lift left in his legs, it's not very encouraging.
And multiple (credible) sources are saying that he's been dangled around with no takers. But I guess B4ball's opinion >>> logical thought + credible sources.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #27
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTrade
none of the sources are credible. you call inside hoops and real gm credible. They are the idiots that push the JHO for Bustnani rumors along hish hoopsworld. All these rumors on websites r compplete bs. As it has been for years. Some things never change

Hey not every rumour is true...but they are generally substantial talks. Even the Bargs for Jho was infact staed by the Mavs to another team they were reporting on it. It was not like it wasn't said. It was said and it was a lie. Sometimes you just have to take things with a grain of salt. That's their job to report on rumours.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: