Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Arrow Larry Bird = GOAT Celtic?

According to Bob Cousy, K.C Jones and Red Auerbach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur..._oYVs0I#t=157s

Default Re: Larry Bird = GOAT Celtic?

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
    According to Bob Cousy, K.C Jones and Red Auerbach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur..._oYVs0I#t=157s

They said also GOAT player too.

I can't really disagree with their statements, but IMO, it's clearly Bill Russell who is the GOAT Celtic.

College star

It's Bill Russell.
    Every other Celtic comes after him.

cant be the goat when you shoot below 50% from the field as a center.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    11 rings as "the man", 2 as player-coach... he can shoot w/e the f*ck he wants and still be the greatest Celtic with that resume

no. but white people will always gravitate towards their own

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    Except when you have the "NBA Finals MVP" named after you, then yes you can shoot below 50% from the field as a center.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    11 rings as "the man", 2 as player-coach... he can shoot w/e the f*ck he wants and still be the greatest Celtic with that resume
    Those are team accomplishments, not individual.

Larry Bird is definetly better. Russell averaged 13 PPG and 43% shooting as a ****ing center in an era where it was easy as hell to score.

I'll trust the opinion of Red Auerbach, who coached Russell and drafted Bird and Bob Cousy NBA MVP who PLAYED with russell over some random Russell jerkers on a website.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
    Those are team accomplishments, not individual.

Larry Bird is definetly better. Russell averaged 13 PPG and 43% shooting as a ****ing center in an era where it was easy as hell to score.

I'll trust the opinion of Red Auerbach, who coached Russell and drafted Bird and Bob Cousy NBA MVP who PLAYED with russell over some random Russell jerkers on a website.
    whatever floats your boat

National High School Star

Okay.

Red Auerbach: "If I'm starting a team, the first player I'd pick is Russell."
    - February 6, 1998

Note the date. All the hype had come and gone, and with the book closed on both their careers, this was Auerbach's verdict.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
    Okay.

Red Auerbach: "If I'm starting a team, the first player I'd pick is Russell."
    - February 6, 1998

Note the date. All the hype had come and gone, and with the book closed on both their careers, this was Auerbach's verdict.

How old was this ****er then? Oh he was over ****ing 80! Yeah pretty sure this guy couldn't even wipe his ass in 1998 and I'm supposed to trust his basketball opinion?

He was still managing the Celtics in the 80s and functioning perfectly

Red Auerbach was once asked if he had to pick a player to start a team, would he choose Bill Russell or Larry Bird? Auerbach thought it over and said he'd take Russell. Then, he quickly added, "Then I'd trade for Bird."

Next

Larry may have been a superior player, but that doesn't make him the superior Celtic.

How old was this ****er then? Oh he was over ****ing 80! Yeah pretty sure this guy couldn't even wipe his ass in 1998 and I'm supposed to trust his basketball opinion?

Red Auerbach was once asked if he had to pick a player to start a team, would he choose Bill Russell or Larry Bird? Auerbach thought it over and said he'd take Russell. Then, he quickly added, "Then I'd trade for Bird."

Next
    Right, he'd setup some sort of trade to acquire Bird after drafting and guaranteeing he gets the most important piece first (Russell) - you do realize he doesn't mean he'd trade Bill Russell for Bird, right? Tell me your not that stupid that you thought that's what he meant

National High School Star

Next
    So you can trust his opinion when it suits you, but not once he weighs in after both their careers are said and done.

And then you proceed to quote Auerbach saying he'd choose Russell over Bird to start a team, which is the exact same opinion he gave in '98, which I quoted.