Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Defense? Whats that? The Italian's Avatar

Default Re: Celtics fans: Greg Oden OR KG + Ray Allen?

KG (31 yrs old + lots of "mileage") and Ray Allen (32 yrs old + double ankle surgery) are not.

How is Garnett not in his prime still? The guy just put up 22 and 13 and is still a top defensive player. They guy is still in his prime and is a top 5 talent in the NBA still.

Allen you might be right about but his game isn't going to see that much of a decline. His jumper will always be lights out. He never has relied on his athletic ability. Even if his prime is over, which I don't think it is, he will still be able to put up 16-18 ppg.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Im not going to sit here and defend Oden..I really hate his game and think he is overrated..But it is hard to find defensive players like him in today's era..And from what I hear Jefferson is a good pf too...

Trade Pierce for salary cap relief and sign another young buck and build a window where you can compete for titles for 7-8 years instead of just 2 years because they arent winning one next year..
    7-8 years? Built around who? Oden? The guy who can be uncapable of being the go-to-guy of a certain team? Jefferson? Probably, and likely. But still, how can you skim through a Allen/Pierce/Garnett trio? Seriously.

I am in love with you[COLOR="White"]r avatar[/COLOR]
    That scared me for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    7-8 years? Built around who? Oden? The guy who can be uncapable of being the go-to-guy of a certain team? Jefferson? Probably, and likely. But still, how can you skim through a Allen/Pierce/Garnett trio? Seriously.
    I like the trio but I like Oden/Jefferson/(whoever they get for Pierce

Outside of the trio Kendrick Perkins is the starting center..No jumpshot Rondo is the pg....and Scabrine is the backup 4 man...And Ray Allen's ankles are one step away from done...Ill take my chances with Oden/ Jefferson maybe they can even get Arenas(only 25)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I like the trio but I like Oden/Jefferson/(whoever they get for Pierce

Outside of the trio Kendrick Perkins is the starting center..No jumpshot Rondo is the pg....and Scabrine is the backup 4 man...And Ray Allen's ankles are one step away from done...Ill take my chances with Oden/ Jefferson maybe they can even get Arenas(only 25)
    Their offseason isn't over yet. They could get a decent starter at the 5, using part if not all of their MLE. Melvin Ely's still available. Perhaps, the best Center-potential player in the market. A much better filler at the 5 than Perkz.

As for Scal? I don't think so. I think (and hope) they would go with Big Baby, primarily before BScal. Wait, completely forgot about Leon Powe. So yeah, it would work out pretty well.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gibbo3000
    if it was just oden versus garnett and allen
    i'd take the latter

but when you have to give up basicly your whole team, except pierce, for allen and garnett i'd prefer to have gotten the number one pick

don't forget tehy lost delonte west and wally z for allen, so west would have started at the point

so really
    gomes
    green
    ratliff
    jefferson
    telfair
    wally z
    west
    oden

or

garnett
    allen
    You forgot the 2 draft picks.

Local High School Star poeticism707's Avatar

Anyone who "takes Oden" needs to "taken to be examined." Oden could be the biggest bust ever, is unproven, but now you'd take him over 3 perrenial all stars and likely future HOFs!

This is almost as funny as some moron starting a thread and asking if the SPurs would, if they could, trade Oden for Tim Duncan!

Intelligent fan

Quote Originally Posted by poeticism707
    Anyone who "takes Oden" needs to "taken to be examined." Oden could be the biggest bust ever, is unproven, but now you'd take him over 3 perrenial all stars and likely future HOFs!

This is almost as funny as some moron starting a thread and asking if the SPurs would, if they could, trade Oden for Tim Duncan!
    Ray Allen a future HOF? You're the one that needs your head examined.

Defense? Whats that? The Italian's Avatar

This is almost as funny as some moron starting a thread and asking if the SPurs would, if they could, trade Oden for Tim Duncan!:::::::
    Its also almost as funny as your post about Magic Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    Ray Allen a future HOF? You're the one that needs your head examined.
    Why don't you just say "I don't know anything about the game of basketball" Kobe24, and have done with it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Italian
    Its also almost as funny as your post about Magic Johnson.
    It's almost as funny as ESPN taking over your damn fool's body and typing their nonsensical propaganda!

Not airballing my layups anymore RDavis31's Avatar

I would take Oden/Jefferson + the 2 first rounders they traded.

The question isn't really "who would you take, Oden or KG and Ray?" But rather would you take Oden, Jefferson, Pierce, those 2 draft picks, and those other pieces like Green, Gomes, and a future in the league or only 3 years of KG, Ray, Pierce, plus nobody else?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    The question isn't really "who would you take, Oden or KG and Ray?" But rather would you take Oden, Jefferson, Pierce, those 2 draft picks, and those other pieces like Green, Gomes, and a future in the league or only 3 years of KG, Ray, Pierce, plus nobody else?
    Oden is still the key, and might be no better than another O, as in Olawakandi! Absolutely not.

Local High School Star Kobe=MVP07`'s Avatar

oden jefferson green or kg and rayray is the real Q!

Oden is still the key, and might be no better than another O, as in Olawakandi! Absolutely not.
    Your kidding yourself if you think he is going to be as bad as Kandi Man.