Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 01-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default nice article on Amundson making the most of chances

Louis Amundson sat on the Suns locker room floor well after Friday night's win over the Los Angeles Clippers, trying to stretch, catch his breath and conduct interviews.

Amundson just had finished a workout, a postgame ritual for Suns who don't play much or at all. But Amundson had played 20 minutes that pleased his coach and fired up fans on a night that neither left US Airways Center thrilled about how the Suns finished a 106-98 win after leading by 21 against a team missing Baron Davis, Zach Randolph and Chris Kaman.

Amundson did reward himself, doing eight minutes of interval running rather than his usual 10.

"When I'm given the chance to get out there, I'm going to do all I can to be aggressive and change the game a little bit and bring energy," he said.

Amundson's body flies about the court like the ponytail on his head. On Friday, he had nine points and five rebounds. He was coach Terry Porter's only substitute in the first quarter and the first one in the second half. He exited the fourth quarter to a chorus of Lous from fans.

"It was loud so it was really cool to hear that," he said. "It reminded me of UNLV (his alma mater)."

It wasn't all peachy for Amundson, who has seven consecutive appearances after four in the first 24 games. He made 1 of 6 free throws Friday and is 17 for 35 this season. He made 6 of 17 the past two years and was a 50 percent free-throw shooter at UNLV.

"You need to give me some tips on the line, big fella," he told Shaquille O'Neal after the game, when he admitted that "it gets in my head."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...samundson.html
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: