Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-31-2007, 07:13 PM   #76
SHADYMILKMAN
Banned

SHADYMILKMAN has not been impressing people
Default Re: Final 4: Georgetown vs. Ohio State Game Thread

when both of the big men went at each other they both did their thing..
SHADYMILKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:19 PM   #77
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Somebody finally said it...Oden isnt the same caliber of player as Bill Russel or KAreem. So people stop comparing them. Damn if this game or week showed you anything its he isnt the same level of talent.

Watch old PAtrick Ewing games in college or Shaq games in college. He isnt on that level and I think its a disservice to the great centers of the past to assumee he will just naturally get there.

Hibbert isnt really that good. And Oden couldnt even score at will on him.

Selective hearing?

He didnt say Oden alone wasnt Kareem or Russell. He said the matchup of the two Centers wasnt a classic battle of two great Centers because neither were close to being great or on thier level.

In short he basically said the matched up Hibbert and Oden didnt live up to the fantasy expectations. And it didnt.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:20 PM   #78
michaelmanmoomoo
I brick open layups

michaelmanmoomoo has an OK reputation so far

Im really dissapointed with Ron Lewis today.
I have been talking him up all week and he goes 1-8 from the field. His shooting could have been the difference. I thought that Hibbert did a great job against Oden, if I was Oden I would take a leaf out of Tim Duncan's book and stay in school for another year.
michaelmanmoomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:20 PM   #79
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kareem? No. Oden isnt Kareem. Ewing? Ewing was a 13/7.5 player as a freshman and wasnt first team all american either. His team made it to and lost the title game. Hakeem was an 8/6 player and they lost with a lot of talent in the final 4 or elite 8. dont feel like checking for which. He played Moses Malone all summer and improved over his next couple years.

Oden is short of Kareems standard but right now neither Ewing or Hakeem blow him away as freshmen. Hes got a way to go but if people judged Hakeem and Ewing so harshly wanting them to be Kareem as freshmen people would have hated on them too. It doesnt take a 20/10 average or day in day out dominance at 18 to be a great bigman.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:28 PM   #80
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:32 PM   #81
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

poor oden. Sucks the refs got in the way of what could have been a great game.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:36 PM   #82
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Its not Oden's team..thats the point. Oden has done nothing to make that his team. Its more Conley's and Lewis's team than Oden. They actually looked better without Oden this whole tourney.

That's so not true. They would've been lucky to be a 5th seed without Oden.

Conley's a good young pg, but their defense does better when they can just allow Oden to protect the paint.

The refs have beens screwing Oden all tournament long, especially 2day his first 2 fouls were ticky tack calls, especially the "offensive" where all he did was lower his shoulder really without any force and the guy went flying.

Oden can be a special player in college and pros. He had a few hurdles to get over this season and he came through nicely. And he's had a very very very good tournament by any big man's standards, basically playing in 20 minute games with his BS foul trouble

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 03-31-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:09 PM   #83
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

I know they got the L but Hibbert impressed the **** out of me today. He hung with a clearly quicker and more athletic Oden and put it to him with hooks, turn around jumpers, put backs, a few dunks and even showing range with that shot right inside the arc. He even showed good team D and control after getting his 4th foul still being a factor while not flailing to block shots and risking the foul. He probably won't be special but I see him being better than the Dampiers of the world, with a chance to be even better if he works on his conditioning.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:51 PM   #84
dogfah
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dogfah has an OK reputation so far

oden will be great. he's one of the quickest big men i have ever seen. and he's skilled enough to own the paint. also as far as i can see he's a great rebounder and shot blocker. the only problem with him is he doesn't know how to smile... with the face he has...the man needs to smile a whole lot everyday. he looks like lebron's dad for christs sake.
dogfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:45 AM   #85
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

G-town couldn't handle Big Ten basketball. Apparently most Big East teams can't.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #86
Moose

Ohio State won easily...

Monday finals is gonna be niceeee
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: