Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #16
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lakers Waive Derrick Caracter

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/recruiting/071504.htm

From 2006 but still very interesting.....at least to me...lol.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Haha, that was a good read.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:09 AM   #18
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Seriously? He's 15 ppg, and gets a lot of rebounds, and is a presence on defense. You don't think he would get the job done as a 4th option in the starting lineup?

I dont know, but you all thought Blake was better than Farmar.. I mean right after they signed Blake and Barnes, yall were like "oh this roster is way better than last year"...well guess what? lol No disrespect but dont even try to say that everybody was distracted and all or injury ... that was no excuse.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:17 AM   #19
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There are a lot of players that the lakers signed that I disagree on this year, I mean,.. I dont really know most of them (new players), I know who they are, but I dont know how they play... but I mean, if they're good or noticeable enough for what they contributed to their previous team.... don't you think I would notice them already?

I knew Troy, but Josh Mcroberts and other guys?

If you think Pau is useless or whatever reason why yall wanna get rid of him, wait til' you get Scola in a Lakers Jersey. I mean, I maybe wrong or not.. but for now, I really believe that Scola isnt the guy... Stats don't meant anything yet (for players like scola), until they get to play as a laker...just think about it, Scola is like the 2nd-3rd option for the Rockets right now?..well... if he becomes a laker, those stats will drop...

edit... p.s. I don't think Fish want Scola in his team

Last edited by $LakerGold : 02-15-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #20
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
I dont know, but you all thought Blake was better than Farmar.. I mean right after they signed Blake and Barnes, yall were like "oh this roster is way better than last year"...well guess what? lol No disrespect but dont even try to say that everybody was distracted and all or injury ... that was no excuse.

I still think Blake is better than Farmar, that's not saying much though lol.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #21
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I still think Blake is better than Farmar, that's not saying much though lol.
Really? You think so? You know, ever since they changed up their roster.... you could really tell that they sorta messed up by letting Farmar leave -- .....I mean, you don't always win or have the same W/L record like the previous years but, ... Last year we've been losing 3-5 games in a row, and that happened for about 3-5 times, as I can remember....
And don't you think that has something to do with the roster change? lol
And that never happened the year before last year...

and btw, It's not always about skills or talent, Team Chemistry always plays a role bro.... ALWAYS...

Last edited by $LakerGold : 02-15-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #22
dd24
College superstar

I think there's more to it than letting Farmar go though. Farmar isn't really the difference between a championship team or not. This year I think not having Lamar playing at the level he was last year is a huge hit to the team. That was the move that really made things worse for us thus far this year. Now we just need to sit around and be patient until the next big move.....
Old 02-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #23
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Quote:
I think there's more to it than letting Farmar go though. Farmar isn't really the difference between a championship team or not. This year I think not having Lamar playing at the level he was last year is a huge hit to the team. That was the move that really made things worse for us thus far this year. Now we just need to sit around and be patient until the next big move.....
Yeah, I mean.. I'm not saying Farmar was the main reason, but he was def one of the main reason... And Yeah, this year.. They traded my favorite player

I haven't really watched any game fully this year so far.. besides the opening day and the game after that. I still hate the Lakers for trading him.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #24
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Yeah, I mean.. I'm not saying Farmar was the main reason, but he was def one of the main reason... And Yeah, this year.. They traded my favorite player

I haven't really watched any game fully this year so far.. besides the opening day and the game after that. I still hate the Lakers for trading him.

You have to blame Odom more than the Lakers for this one. He is the one who demanded the trade. Pau was in the same boat as him and he has been nothing more than a professional.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #25
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
You have to blame Odom more than the Lakers for this one. He is the one who demanded the trade. Pau was in the same boat as him and he has been nothing more than a professional.
He demanded a trade after the rumors broke out? right?
Not really surprised for an emotional player like LO to react that way.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #26
dd24
College superstar

Quote:

I do blame Odom some, but I don't give him all the blame. It's obvious management just didn't want to pay him this year. They get most of the blame. If they wanted him to stick around they could have apologized, stroked his ego, and made him feel welcome again. What's done is done, I just hope that Dallas 1st round pick turns into something now.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #27
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
I do blame Odom some, but I don't give him all the blame. It's obvious management just didn't want to pay him this year. They get most of the blame. If they wanted him to stick around they could have apologized, stroked his ego, and made him feel welcome again. What's done is done, I just hope that Dallas 1st round pick turns into something now.

I agree with you however I'm not sure if it was the money or if it was them being tired of constantly having to baby him. He is extremely sensitive, and after years of coddling you get sick of it.......it's possible that was it.

We undoubtedly would be better off if we had let him cry it out for a month and come back energized.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:00 AM   #28
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You guys really think the Lakers wanted that drama in the locker room? Coming out publicly to the media about how disrespected he felt and how they didn't want him? He didnt seem to understand that this game is a business and the Lakers approach it as so. The Lakers have always been this way.

LO was going to be a distraction. He didnt want to be there. There was going to be a cloud hanging over LO and the locker room because of how dissed he felt.

Players in this league gets coddled way too much. Suck it up and be a professional if you want to stay with the team. It was nothing personal. Its not like the Lakers didnt want LO. They wanted CP3. Lakers were just looking to improve the team. Not sure he understood that.

Last edited by ihatetimthomas : 02-16-2012 at 02:02 AM.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:22 AM   #29
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You guys really think the Lakers wanted that drama in the locker room? Coming out publicly to the media about how disrespected he felt and how they didn't want him? He didnt seem to understand that this game is a business and the Lakers approach it as so. The Lakers have always been this way.

LO was going to be a distraction. He didnt want to be there. There was going to be a cloud hanging over LO and the locker room because of how dissed he felt.

Players in this league gets coddled way too much. Suck it up and be a professional if you want to stay with the team. It was nothing personal. Its not like the Lakers didnt want LO. They wanted CP3. Lakers were just looking to improve the team. Not sure he understood that.

I would like to take it to a further degree here, and talk about his game back in LA. I didnt mind the cheering when he entered the floor. I hated when some LA fans clapped for him scoring his first shot on us.

I feel no sympathy towards Odom in this case. I do believe it is all him to blame. He had been involved in trade rumors for years, and now suddenly he was really upset that one actually worked.

If he was going to stay on this team, he was going to play just as terribly as he is now on the mavericks. I would like to give Pau a nod, for doing what Odom could not do. It wasn't an emotion thing at all, it was an ego thing. That seems to be the misconception here in lakerland.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: