Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 01-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #16
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Default s

Your post is based on "what ifs". If we trade for Maggette that will give Wallace a reason to leave because that leaves three potential starters at the SF position. Lets not try and piss someone off who we would like to keep on this team.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:09 PM   #17
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

This whole topic is based on "what ifs". If people get offended on your opinion then its their business. Just as long as it's educated and coherent.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:20 AM   #18
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Your post is based on "what ifs". If we trade for Maggette that will give Wallace a reason to leave because that leaves three potential starters at the SF position. Lets not try and piss someone off who we would like to keep on this team.

Who among the SFs can play at other positions in a way that might make a reshuffling of positions an asset for the team?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:33 AM   #19
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Wallace can play SG, but hes such a bad outside shooter that its not his position. Morrison can play SG, but his athleticism is a problem. Maggette can play SG, has a decent jumpshot, but isnt exactly a good three point shooter, and Walter Hermann is well.. Walter Hermann.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:53 AM   #20
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Wallace can play SG, but hes such a bad outside shooter that its not his position. Morrison can play SG, but his athleticism is a problem. Maggette can play SG, has a decent jumpshot, but isnt exactly a good three point shooter, and Walter Hermann is well.. Walter Hermann.

I'm confused. Are you saying that what the Cats really need is an SG?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:09 PM   #21
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I'm lost as well. This is how I see it on offense.

Felton can hit from most anywhere on the floor with some decency. Maggette would be a good guy to slash, drive the lane and draw some fouls. Carroll is our jumpshooter, he can drive, but he's not really athletic. Morrison is our permiter guy. He's not going to drive much, he's our other jumpshooter. Wallace is our baseline guy. He's going to be the guy who gets the ball down low and shoot a 10-15 footer. If he does get the ball on the perimeter, he's probably going to drive because he has the strength and athleticism to do so. May and Okafor are the post guys. Nuff said.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:44 PM   #22
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Bobcats need a go to scorer, and SG along with center are two positions that we can improve on, and both can be addressed thru free agency and the draft, hopefully.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:46 PM   #23
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I agree.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:41 AM   #24
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

I doubt there is a way for this to happen. Only way Clipps give up Maggette is if you guys either give us Wallace or Morrison, along with the UCLA alumni Ryan Hollins, Id even throw in Paul Davis
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #25
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Wallace is more valuable than Maggette so I dont know how you figure we throw in some more pieces, but k
Old 01-25-2007, 03:30 AM   #26
lawlerslaw100
Dunking on everybody in the park

Lightbulb The rumored deal that wont happen

Per the various sources..check ESPN, yahoo, Times, OC Register, Charlotte media etc..the Clips were offering Maggette and a #1 pick for Wallace and a #1 pick. Both Elder and Bernie are old school who have traded before so it could ve happen. ..the Melvin Ely trade comes to mind. Charlotte won that one. Why would the Cats make a Wallace deal? Lets look at it from a cash perspective.

Maggette is signed to a salary less than Wallace will probaly get. Cats save cash.

Maggette has commercial value and a has positive media image. In a small town market and as a John 3:11 er, he will be popular in the bible belt.
He and Cassell are the main Clips interviewed with EB only getting more interviews because of his mad game. Maggette is also a friend of Kobe and I am positive that his airness would like to have Maggette for the media value.

Now back to why the deal wont happen. Egos in the Clipper front office.
The owner Donald T Sterling and the GM Elder like Maggette and are at odds with Coach Dunleavy who does not like Maggette's game (defensively and offensively). Baylor is stepping because he probaly is feeling that Dunleavy is trying to send him to early retirement and he now has the owner's ear on this one.

On the other side, Bobcat fans, your posts make sense on adding Wallace to a trade as to high a price. Don't expect for the Clips to give Maggette away especially with the Clips getting back on track and in the playoff race. Maggette is second in the 6th man race statistically to Okafor's college teammate Ben Gordon.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:42 PM   #27
bballer
King of ISH

i dont know how a bunch of carolina boys would deal with a dukie
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:15 PM   #28
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I don't think the college they went to would really effect the chemistry of the team, especially when Maggette had already been in the league for some time before Felton and May were freshmen.

Now, it might hurt the Cats if we got Redick or someone they actually played against.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #29
liverpooty
Local High School Star

are you guys using sarcasm or being serious when you say where a player played in his collegiate career could effect an NBA team?
Old 01-25-2007, 08:46 PM   #30
bballer
King of ISH

i was making a joke, obiously you guys have no sense of humor
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: