Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Ranking Kanye's Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    1.Late Registration
    2.The College Dropout
    3. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
    4.Graduation
    5. 808s and Heartbreak "couldn't get into it"
    this will be the "common" line-up, with LR being @ #1 and 808's being at the other end. apparently people feel that 808s is too much, sort of like an ice cone with too much flavoring concentrate(no such thing, unless you're white or a *****).

it's difficult for me to rank his albums since he's my favorite hip hop artist, but 808s is up there with late registration and dark twisted fantasy.

"he samples too much" "it's overly produced" i don't see yall complaining about witney houston singing too much on her albums, dumbfcks. what do you think kanye is? he's a producer 1st, rapper 2nd(very mediocre, so his beats carry him).

"bruce bowen plays too much defense, not enough offense" ?!!?!?!?!!? that's his specialty.
    Last edited by highwhey; 05-24-2012 at 01:08 PM.

808s
    Late Registration
    My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
    College Dropout
    Graduation
    Yeezus

Decent college freshman

Yeezy's album rankings depend a lot on mood to me. My Beatiful Dark Twisted fantasy and College Dropout are on top, in that order. After that, sometimes I like Late Registration, sometimes I like Yeezus, sometimes I need 808s and Heartbreak.

Where Watch the Throne fits in is an interesting discussion. That's basically a Kanye album that Jay happens to rap on a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    this greatness vs. favorites shit is ridiculous to me, how can your favorite not be what you think is best? anyways. and haven't listened to graduation or 808s enough to have an opinion.

mbdtf
    late registration
    college dropout
    this... and the basketball example is absolutely horrible

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    Your favorite basketball player doesn't necessarily have to be the best. Can't music be applied in same way?
    No, it can't be applied the same, its not remotely close...

you just focus on the work with movies/music, what else is there to like if you dont think its the best but somehow prefer it over what you consider to be superior work?

the best explanation I got was, one guy told me he could relate to that music more which is why he prefered it, but the other was better because he saw it as better project... but that in itself is pretty contradicting also, because it relating to him as better project, i mean, again, why isnt it your favorite then?

makes no sense to me, wont ever make sense.

topic:

MBDTF
    CD
    Graduation
    Late Registration
    808s
    Yeezus

WTT might actually be just below CD
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 06-19-2015 at 02:57 PM.

SHOCKED so many nikkas have 808s and taxbreaks so high especially at one its easily Yes worst.............

Late Reg
    Fantasy (1a and b IMO)

Dropout
    Graduation

Yeezus
    808s

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

I got 5 posts into this thread, before realizing that the reason nobody was even mentioning Yeezus was because this thread was from 2011.

I was just assuming that people thought it was so bad that it didn't even need a mention.

It's been awhile since I listened to Kanye. I've been listening to a bunch of other stuff lately.

Yesterday I started playing some of his stuff in my car and it just blew me away. I got so used to listening to other artists that it made me realize just how much better Kanye's music is than everything else. From the production to the lyrics, it's hard to define his music as hip-hop/rap/pop/r&b, it's just art.

Say what you want about the way he comes off in the media, the man is a genius. It's undeniable. 808's & heartbreak and Yeezus are underrated in my eyes as well. "Blood on the Leaves" is one of the greatest songs of this decade.

My ranking

Late Registration
    College Dropout
    MBDTWF
    Watch The Throne
    808s & Heartbreak/Graduation
    Yeezus

Hard to rank them because they're all so good. Yeezus was an acquired taste and had some hits but there just weren't enough songs.

Celtics 2016 Champs

College Dropout
    Graduation
    Late Registration
    MBDTF

the other 2 had some great songs/singles but we're average overall

Kanye was so great, hopefully this album coming out is as great (but i have my doubts )