Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    As an independent libertarian minded fellow, I fail to see the issue with an organization donating, or verbally stating their support for either side of any issue. To my knowledge, neither Chick-fil-a or the Magic organization discriminate against gay employees; so it would seem that both organizations are simply exercising their rights. I disagree with them on the issue, but it's not like I'm gonna boycott Chick-fil-a because their owner is exercising their freedom of speech.

Private message me when Orlando or Chick-fil-a try to deny Gay couples entrance into their venues, until then it's a non issue.
    Exactly. I support gay couples, but Chik-fil-a is just expressing freedom of speech. They arent beating up gay people. they simply expressed their opinions

It's like their trying to sabotage their business. Why would you do this. You know it's not going to go over well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    You use the word "mates" way too much. Also, stop calling a bunch of dudes "mate." They can't BE your "mate," because same sex marriage is illegal in most states here.

Did you intend for this to be funny, mate? It wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
    Did you intend for this to be funny, mate? It wasn't.
    There you go again. That's really desperate. You're like Madonna when she does that fake British accent.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    It's like their trying to sabotage their business. Why would you do this. You know it's not going to go over well.
    Mate first of all you don't know the difference between 'their' and 'they're', second of all... maybe they did this out of passion, maybe out of calculation.

Chik fil A probably has a more conservative clientele anyway. The backlash they got from lefties who likely never eat there anyway was more than negated by the support they received from their right wing customers. They probably actually have seen surging sales since this whole kerfuffle began.

I don't bloody know if Orlando is a conservative or liberal town or somewhere in between, but maybe these blokes figure they can get more support from their hometown fans by makin this public. I'd reckon in general basketball fans are more liberal but then again, mate, NBA players themselves are known to shout 'f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]kin f[COLOR="Black"]ag[/COLOR]got' when the mood strikes them. So maybe this calculation will pay off, who bloody well knows??

This definitely is an issue. No, they aren't right for supporting a rights-denying, old-age company that opposes fairness and rights for everybody. We are decades behind on this, and it's getting ridiculous. It's time to grow the hell up. Because of christianity and other religions, we are decades behind in technology, science and morals. It's time to change this.

Banned

All I know mates is that Chris Bosh is certainly circling the Orlando game on his calendar, that's all I'm bloody sayin....

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBull
    I applaud them. I don't hate gays, but it's called holy matrimony for a reason.
    Holy matrimony isn't defined by a sex.

Learning to shoot layups BabyBull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    This definitely is an issue. No, they aren't right for supporting a rights-denying, old-age company that opposes fairness and rights for everybody. We are decades behind on this, and it's getting ridiculous. It's time to grow the hell up. Because of christianity and other religions, we are decades behind in technology, science and morals. It's time to change this.
    Marriage is a religious ceremony ... you do know that right ?

How can religion be holding back marriage when it's the route of the event ? The government doesn't get to come in and change it to accommodate gays.

Learning to shoot layups BabyBull's Avatar

Holy matrimony isn't defined by a sex.
    Yes it is, it is specifically defined, with tremendous detail.

I can't even believe you said that.

Those are two separate issues, The first is whether or not it's an issue for someone to utilize their freedom of speech to take an unpopular stance on a controversial subject; whiles the other is simply whether or not their position on the issue is logical or moral.
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 08-06-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Marriage is a religious ceremony ... you do know that right ?

How can religion be holding back marriage when it's the route of the event ? The government doesn't get to come in and change it to accommodate gays.
    They don't have to be. The reasons for marriage are to gain protection through the state. There is a separation of church & state. Which is why there are plenty of marriages done without religion involved in any way now. Marriage used to be purely religious, it is no longer that way. Religion should no longer be allowed to rule marriages.

Banned

My, someone is Queen of the Closet.

Step on out, sister! Show your pride.

Yes it is, it is specifically defined, with tremendous detail.

I can't even believe you said that.
    Depends on where you look.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
    My, someone is Queen of the Closet.

Step on out, sister! Show your pride.
    I'm assuming that since you're posting here, you support the world-class athletes of the NBA. Does that make you a world-class athlete?