Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-23-2006, 06:36 PM   #16
LakersRuleTheNBA
Great young streetballer

LakersRuleTheNBA has decent reputationLakersRuleTheNBA has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
Theres a few posters with like 5 post who are truly homers for the suns, but I don't see anyone else doing the same. Most of them think they are going to win the championships, but how can you fault them for having high expectations, Mavs, Spurs fans do the same. Don't confuse homerism with high expectations, or you are only being a hypocrite.

Going by your logic. If a Lakers fan say LA will win the NBA title, why do you call him/her a homer? It's his/her high expectation for it team. No double standard!
LakersRuleTheNBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:37 PM   #17
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersRuleTheNBA
Going by your logic. If a Lakers fan say LA will win the NBA title, why do you call him/her a homer? It's his/her high expectation for it team. No double standard!

I wouldn't agree, but I wouldn't exactly care either.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:37 PM   #18
LakersRuleTheNBA
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
hmm.. good point.

but keep in mind they need time to get chemistry. and now Amare's back, he wasn't early on.

I am not saying they're not good. But everyone jumps on the Lakers, seemed like every other team gets off easily. I honestly don't think the Suns will win the title this year or anytime soon.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:39 PM   #19
LakersRuleTheNBA
Great young streetballer

Quote:
I wouldn't agree, but I wouldn't exactly care either.

There goes your hatred for the Lakers again. Lakers has already beaten some of the so call nba "elites". I am telling you. LA is going to shock a lot of people come playoff time.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:40 PM   #20
PureElement
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersRuleTheNBA
There goes your hatred for the Lakers again. Lakers has already beaten some of the so call nba "elites". I am telling you. LA is going to shock a lot of people come playoff time.

Good for you.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #21
LakersRuleTheNBA
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Good for you.

Ummm, okay. We need Houston to be up there too. It will be good for our city.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:44 PM   #22
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Theres a few posters with like 5 post who are truly homers for the suns, but I don't see anyone else doing the same. Most of them think they are going to win the championships, but how can you fault them for having high expectations, Mavs, Spurs fans do the same. Don't confuse homerism with high expectations, or you are only being a hypocrite.
I have never delared that the Spurs were going to win a championship until the end of the last game was over and the deed was done. It would be absolutely stupid to do otherwise. Its a long season and there is a lot left to play. What if Nash gets hurt and they don't even make the playoffs. Use your head. Think first, don't just type your homer layden trype down.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:45 PM   #23
PureElement
Local High School Star

True homers are those who go around telling everyone their team is good. They have to mention it in every thread, and I don't see alot of suns fans (the ones with more then 5 posts) doing that. Thats why if a Laker fan think they are going to win the championship, good for them, its great to believe in your team. Going around telling people is what piss some people off and this is not limited to fans of any team.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:46 PM   #24
LakersRuleTheNBA
Great young streetballer

Quote:
True homers are those who go around telling everyone their team is good. They have to mention it in every thread, and I don't see alot of suns fans (the ones with more then 5 posts) doing that. Thats why if a Laker fan think they are going to win the championship, good for them, its great to believe in your team. Going around telling people is what piss some people off and this is not limited to fans of any team.

I see your point.

Though, you have to admit. Suns fans are becoming really bad. You have guys like (bence) guaranteeing barbosa will be in All Star game, and Diaw, Bell should be in there too. They also have guys like stat who will flame anyone, even if it's an 80 year grandma typing on the net. They have many other bad homers...

Last edited by LakersRuleTheNBA : 12-23-2006 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:43 PM   #25
itsmeman
I airball my layups

itsmeman has an OK reputation so far

People pick teams like Phoenix the old Mavs and Kings teams to win for one reason, they enjoy watching them play. Those teams are entertaining to watch but always come up short because they can't get a stop at the end of a game. No matter how good you are offensively, when you play good teams you have to get a stop eventually.
itsmeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:47 PM   #26
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Teams that don't play defense don't win NBA titles. I can't see them knocking out the Spurs, or Mavs.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:49 PM   #27
LakersRuleTheNBA
Great young streetballer

There's an old saying....

"Defense wins Championships"
Old 12-23-2006, 09:43 PM   #28
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

while there is suns homers everywhere....any team that is winning at the time has their homers....I dont see how anybody can catagorize me as a suns homer since i comment on a lot of other teams threads and not just to hate on them

While the suns are a great team and are a contender to win the championship these are the teams that can stop them in a 7 game series

Spurs(they match up very well against the suns and marion has been useless against them)

Mavs( with the depth on that team and with the star power od nowitzki they have a chance aginst the suns)

Jazz(they have a great coach and play the game very easy....getting alot of layups and playing good d)

Rockets(if yao ming can show he can not get into foul trouble and can run 80% with the suns....also if mcgrady goes back to how he used to play)

Cavs(with the star power of lebron...I wouldnt say their are out of any game....while tehy would improve tehir chances by getting a pg like bibby they would have a chance)

Lakers(with kobe and odom playing and phil coaching you cant underestimate them...phils only 1st round lost ever was last year and that team was weak)

those are the contenders I believe and while I say spurs,mavs,suns are on the top any of those teams below I believe could beat the top teams in a series
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #29
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Phoenix will win the NBA championship this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Yes, I know they just lost to Washington. Who gives a fu*k? They just won like 16 in a row. They were due.

They're bad to bone, man. I dogged Nash throughout his first MVP season. Hated the hype. After that is when I learned to ignore any type of hype and just open my eyes and brain to what I perceive. Nash is on his way to 3 straight.

1. Nash
2. Yao
3. Kobe

That's how I see it right now.

Phoenix is going all the way this year, though. It's gonna happen. Amare isn't the Amare of old, but there is more than enough left in that tank to propel them to the 'ship.

Phoenix over Miami in the Finals.

Next year........it's time. It's Rocket time. Yeah, I said it.

One of the worst predictions in ISH history, funny thing, that MDA has found his way into NY and now the Lakers.

Worst coaching system in NBA history.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: