Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-29-2018, 10:18 AM   #46
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Default Re: Nfl > Nba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2DTio1-HMY

^ Had forgotten all about that play

F'ing Hilarious.

NFL > NBA
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:39 PM   #47
DukeDelonte13
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
NBA has maybe 3 teams that could win a title.
The regular season is useless.
NFL Uber Alles.

try 1.

The NFL is the best league by far. Parity matters. Every game means something.

I love the NBA but the players have way too much leverage with how the league is ran. When the sport is defined by several key superstars that can dictate to teams what they want and when it kinda sucks. I wish the NBA had a hard cap and could franchise tag players.

I hate how NBA teams have like 0 control in their ability to retain their own players. All they can do is offer an extra year on a contract in a league where pretty much every high end deal is guaranteed w/ player options. WTF does that extra year matter.

Like how in the f*cking hell can the Pelicans ever hope to build a team to compete for a championship around Anthony Davis when Kevin Durant just decides to sign with a 73 win team? And then the fans blame AD for being a loser or the Pelicans for failing to surround him with talent.

The only way to win in the NBA is to get supremely lucky with draft picks. Meaningful free agency acquisitions are only on the table for a small handful of teams every year.

It's a broken system.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:17 PM   #48
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

"Parity" in the NFL teams just means that there are a boatload of mediocre teams who aren't actually good. Also, the reason the NFL success is so volatile because injuries massively impact every season and careers are so short.

Meanwhile teams can barely keep their talent signed to a contract after their rookie deals because the NFL system barely values position players past their age 25/26 season. I'd much rather watch a player dominated league than this hot mess of a system where all the top players hold out because the cap makes it impossible to sign exciting stars to long-term deals and still win a title.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:02 AM   #49
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
"Parity" in the NFL teams just means that there are a boatload of mediocre teams who aren't actually good. Also, the reason the NFL success is so volatile because injuries massively impact every season and careers are so short.

Meanwhile teams can barely keep their talent signed to a contract after their rookie deals because the NFL system barely values position players past their age 25/26 season. I'd much rather watch a player dominated league than this hot mess of a system where all the top players hold out because the cap makes it impossible to sign exciting stars to long-term deals and still win a title.
naw...Golden State is basically a lock next year. No reason to even watch anything.

the NFL is far from perfect...but last year with a back up QB winning it all gives every team a glimmer of hope, unlike the NBA
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:49 AM   #50
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

"parity"

Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:41 AM   #51
west_tip
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
All sports are declining due to eSports

All sports might be declining because kids are more sedentary than in generations past but football is dying on its ass due to CTE.

Even great former NFL players are saying they will not allow their kids to play football, as an example Bo Jackson: "If I had young kids, to be honest, and if they came and said, Dad, I want to play football, Id smack them in the mouth. No. No. Because if Id have known back then what I know now, to be honest with you, I probably would have taken a different path. I probably just would have played baseball".

Bo knows.
west_tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 12:33 PM   #52
CelticBaller
Killer Instinct

The Patriots shit on your "parity"
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:13 AM   #53
west_tip
Local High School Star

If parity is your focus hard to look past MLB...... 9 different teams in the WS this past 5 years..... 5 different champions.

America's pastime.
west_tip is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: