Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 12-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here
Default Coach Wittman Relieved of Duty

Although, I hate to ever see someone lose a job, in this situation I am sure that it is understood. Randy Wittman has been relieved of duty and Kevin Mchale takes over coaching duties. Of course, Kevin Mchale has to give up Front Office job.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wo...7PQLanchO7DiUs
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation
Default Re: Coach Wittman Relieved of Duty

I for one am happy that he's gone. Hopefully we get a new coach during the year. DO NOT WANT MCHALE.
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #3
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al All day
I for one am happy that he's gone. Hopefully we get a new coach during the year. DO NOT WANT MCHALE.

I hear ya. Kevin McHale got us into this mess. I sure as heck don't think that he can coach his way out of this mess.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Well, I think that McHale can probably coach better than Wittman. His coaching will probably be simple like it was that one year, but it does get results. We will see. He has enough assistant coaches to help him make decisions as well. It's not as big of a deal for McHale as you might think.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:00 PM   #5
JellyBean
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Well, I think that McHale can probably coach better than Wittman. His coaching will probably be simple like it was that one year, but it does get results. We will see. He has enough assistant coaches to help him make decisions as well. It's not as big of a deal for McHale as you might think.

We will see.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #6
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

The first half speaks volumes on how much better of a PERSON Kevin McHale is. You see him laughing with players and easing the tension. Wittman was strung up tight and just loved his yelling. I think that alone will help our players. That most likely doesn't translate into a winning season though THIS YEAR.

Wow, I'm actually enjoying this game. I mean I enjoy watching it, but I'm truely enjoying it so far. I hope they keep strong in the fourth.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 12-09-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #7
04mzwach

That was the best basketball we've played all season in my mind. I can't believe Kevin Love missed 4 straight free throws. If he would of just made one, we could of pushed overtime. But he is good enough to hit at least 2 of those. Damn. He had such a good game too.

Poor performances:

Rashad McCants is really the only player I can throw under the bus. Kevin love had the most attempted free throws and had the worst percentage though. He played great, but 2/9 from the free throw line.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 12-09-2008 at 11:06 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: