Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Am I the only one who rides everywhere?

Like I said, I'm not very far into the map, but I ride everywhere. The only reason I did the quick travel the few times I had was to try it out.

I used the taxi cabs constantly in GTA4. I don't know what it was, but I just didn't find driving through that city fun. There was too much traffic, both cars and pedestrians. The roads were too short so you never really got to get going at a good speed for very long. There was a really limited number of ways to get from a spot on one island to a spot on another (which may become true of this). And while I didn't mind getting into an occasional police chase, it seemed I'd get in trouble all the time, for things like stopping at tolls. And then you have to run away from the cops for five minutes instead of going where you're trying to get to.
    I find the travel in this to be really entertaining. And my OCD only requires me to do 10 out of every 11 blue dot mission that pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    And my OCD only requires me to do 10 out of every 11 blue dot mission that pops up.

I never skip a blue dot. And if I see a decent sized animal, I'm killin and skinnin it. I have managed to control my desire to pick every flower I see on the side of the road though.

High School Varsity 6th Man schyza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Agreed with the looting/skinning animation. I think it should be set up where after 10 loots/skinnings its turned off or something.

This is funny cuz last night I completed all the Master Hunter achievements. Knifing was as bad as i expected. I did what you just hinted at. Shooting to spook them then i rushed the cougar and knifed it. Same with bear altho it took more than one slash. The hardest of the hunter missions was the boars. Legendary boar too much shotgun blasts than the regular boar. However you're getting rushed by different angles. And you end up doin that stupid fall ont he ground only to have another boar trample you.

Im just gonna have fun with this multiplayer before leaping into single player fulltime.

There was a trick I read I thought it was in this thread but maybe not. To bypass the skinning and body looting animation just ride your horse up and stop so the body is to the left of the horse then press Y to dismount Y again to skin/loot then Y again to get back on your horse. If you get this down your guy will dismount the horse and you will see the prompt at the bottom of the screen telling you what you just got without going into the animation. Now that I

About 71.9% completed. I just unlocked the missions for blackwater. Havent done one yet. Right now I'm finishing up the challenges, stranger missions and doing bounty hunts.

One thing that sucks. Not that it makes the game bad, just suck in general. Is when you're doing a task say a challenge. I was collecting 5 skunks, foxes, racoons. In doin so I got killed by a got damn Grizzly bear. Somehow not only did it sneak me but my body was underneath it and as I tried to get it it mauled me again. Usually they hit you, give you space then attack again. So the challenge I was close to doin? For nothing because I died and nothing is saved.

[QUOTE=schyza]There was a trick I read I thought it was in this thread but maybe not. To bypass the skinning and body looting animation just ride your horse up and stop so the body is to the left of the horse then press Y to dismount Y again to skin/loot then Y again to get back on your horse. If you get this down your guy will dismount the horse and you will see the prompt at the bottom of the screen telling you what you just got without going into the animation. Now that I

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

you guys pass this game yet or what?

I'm about 50%. still in Mexico. It's crazy that my girlfriend loves this game.
    She has never liked any video game (maybe Tetris) and hates the killing of people. But loves this game cause it's like a movie. She loves riding the horses, so I will let her take me to many destinations and when stuff pops up I handle it.
    I saw her use the dead-eye the other day on some birds and I was shocked to say the least.
    Anyway, I'm not spending as much time on it lately
    (1) cause the finals
    (2) because I wait for her to get home to play together. I don't have to, but I do because I think it is cool that she likes it and that she doesn't want to miss parts of the story.

Finished it at 100%. 46 of 48 achievements. Level 40 in multiplayer.

Here's the Yahtzee Croshaw review. I always find him funny. Even when he's ripping a game I like this much. But there's some stuff in here I'm sure you guys will appreciate:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...ead-Redemption

I haven't been playing as much as I'd like. Finals for me too. And just busy getting ready to be laid up. But I got way back into it this week. I'm finally into Mexico. Just running around doing BS stuff there. Putting off the missions as much as I can.

It's a great time killer.

College star

Beat the game in 3-4 days, never was into extra's in any game. The story was really good, the ending in phenomenal.

The patch decreased to amount of XP you earn at all the gang hide-outs in multiplayer. I wonder what the point of that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    The patch decreased to amount of XP you earn at all the gang hide-outs in multiplayer. I wonder what the point of that was.
    Wish that happened when that one kid said it was lame to mod. And doing it the regular way is what he was going to do. Like to hear his reaction now. It'll take me way too long to level up to 50 and I'm a rank 40. And doing that legendary thing 5 times? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Wish that happened when that one kid said it was lame to mod. And doing it the regular way is what he was going to do. Like to hear his reaction now. It'll take me way too long to level up to 50 and I'm a rank 40. And doing that legendary thing 5 times? No thanks.
    This game makes it way too tedious and boring to rank up considering you have do those hide-outs over and over. I can't believe they lowered the XP from the gang hide-outs. That sucks for the do righters like that one kid. People complain about legend 5 modders and then get XP taken away from the hide-outs by R*, how ironic. I guess that's what they get for bitching about something completely trivial to them. I think most of them are just mad they can't do the mod themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Here's the Yahtzee Croshaw review. I always find him funny. Even when he's ripping a game I like this much. But there's some stuff in here I'm sure you guys will appreciate:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...ead-Redemption

I haven't been playing as much as I'd like. Finals for me too. And just busy getting ready to be laid up. But I got way back into it this week. I'm finally into Mexico. Just running around doing BS stuff there. Putting off the missions as much as I can.

It's a great time killer.
    I preferred his games when he actually played them. It's become rantings of a sucky video game player. Some of the stuff he can't do and complains is broken (like walking and riding the horse) is fine and easy to do within like 10 minutes. He reviewed MH and played for ONE HOUR, skipping what they teach you to do and whined for 5 minutes the game sucks. I used to love him, now it seems like he just wants to bash.

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

so what is there actually to do in mult player,ni ride around and the only thing i can do is kill some gang in the basn hideout over and over, is there anything else?????

Quote Originally Posted by craigthomasb
    so what is there actually to do in mult player,ni ride around and the only thing i can do is kill some gang in the basn hideout over and over, is there anything else?????
    Multiplayer free roam you can do gang hideouts, kill other players and/or posses, kill anyone who has a bounty/public enemy status, do numerous challenges (go to journal and see list of challnges to complete similar to single player). You get XP for all these things which levels you up, unlocks weapons, mounts, characters, titles above ur gamertag.

And last multiplayer has competitive game modes to play. Those also have challenges to complete while you earn XP for playing. Veteran, Hardcore, Casual game modes. The Veteran/Hardcore modes the auto aim is disabled. The other modes its not.

That is basically it. I just want to get the achievement for level 50. I'm at 40. But the new update messed up the gang hideout XP outputs. I could get 2500 XP in Pike Basin and now i'll be lucky to get 1500. Just prolongs the repetitive XP buildup for me to get 50 and unlock an achievement. I'm not a big fan of the game modes. I'll play them here and there. Free roam? I've completed a good deal of challenges. Not all to the max. Could do it but eh.

So for now I'm debating whether to replay this game again from a previous save (after the Bonnie missions) or just waiting for June 22nd (next week) for the co-op free downloadable content. Where 2-4 players can play on the same team and do 6 missions. New challenges, achievements to be had. 1 of 3 downloads.

I'm somewhat of an achievement whore. So I like to get as many as I possibly can get. So far 46 of 48. I'm not a full fledge achievement whore where I play any game just to get achievements. Must be games I enjoy/like.

So uhhh yeah that answered your question + gave you some irrelevant ramble. I'll kill your horse!

I'm a little frustrated.

I'm trying to get a scrap for the Bandito costume, and I'm sposeda win a game of five finger filet in Torqueda (the city up on the mesa all the way to the east in Mexico). I've won handfull of times, and they won't give me my scrap.

Is it a bug. Has anyone else run into it.