Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: Anybody see Ebanks get tossed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
you dont get my point at all....I am not talking about offensive end at all....

how much worse can he be??? blake other than game 7 shivers to take a shot....

I am talking about defensive end....I would have preferred to have eBanks guarding A Miller and I also prefer now that he is guarding James Harden

you just dont play 2 mini mi guards unless they are barea and J Terry....playing blake/sessions has so many drawbacks its not even funny

Watching yesterday's match, I saw no issue with Steve Blake's defense. My family and I actually admired how hard he was sticking to it at that end of the floor.

My issue was with Sessions on defense though. I definitely will give that to you. He seems to not care much for that end, sort of hoping that a lazy Bynum will get the block.

So while your analysis would probably improve the defensive end of the floor. the offense would be worse than it is with him in the ball handling position. With only one ball handler on offense, that would lead to more turnovers anyways, especially if the offense was as stagnant as yesterday.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #17
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Watching yesterday's match, I saw no issue with Steve Blake's defense. My family and I actually admired how hard he was sticking to it at that end of the floor.

My issue was with Sessions on defense though. I definitely will give that to you. He seems to not care much for that end, sort of hoping that a lazy Bynum will get the block.

So while your analysis would probably improve the defensive end of the floor. the offense would be worse than it is with him in the ball handling position. With only one ball handler on offense, that would lead to more turnovers anyways, especially if the offense was as stagnant as yesterday.

Yeah....Sessions defense is definitely an issue....a problem, yes.

Our offense couldn't get any worse and if all we do is dump it in to Bynum or pass it to Kobe, then Ebanks could handle that quite easily.....remember we are talking about playing him at SG when Sessions is at PG, so Sessions would be the primary ball handler.
We cannot compete with OKC without improving on the defensive end PERIOD!!! I would definitely NEVER have Blake and Sessions on the court at the same time. IMO we may lose 4 points on offense buy gain 20 points on defense......i'll take that.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #18
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Speaking the truth, don't really care if you like it or not.

If you knew the game better you would know this is the truth.

Please explain the game to me and the numerous 15 year olds on this board.

Thanks!
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #19
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
Please explain the game to me and the numerous 15 year olds on this board.

Thanks!

I would but it's past your bedtime
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #20
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

lol so you didnt see Russ Westbrook taking him promptly to the post and hitting shots over him??? 1st 1 blake flopped remember...I hope you and your family also saw how hesitant he was to shoot the open shot on the offensive end.....

Quote:

its not like sessions doesnt care of the defensive end....he is just not good/average on the defensive side....bynum has no clue how to play P&R defense at all....he just never hedges....he keeps sagging off...and the guards in this league are just to fast for him to catch

Quote:

the lakers dont play any kind of structured offense...they only play iso's and some basic stuff....with sessions they should play tons of P&R but they dont....

its kobe iso....bynum iso....pau maybe...and then recycle.....

Sessions is a speedy guard and we can use his speed so many ways on offense but dummy wants him to walk the ball up and take off 8-12 secs of the clock....thats just bad offense if there is any....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
lol so you didnt see Russ Westbrook taking him promptly to the post and hitting shots over him??? 1st 1 blake flopped remember...I hope you and your family also saw how hesitant he was to shoot the open shot on the offensive end.....

its not like sessions doesnt care of the defensive end....he is just not good/average on the defensive side....bynum has no clue how to play P&R defense at all....he just never hedges....he keeps sagging off...and the guards in this league are just to fast for him to catch

the lakers dont play any kind of structured offense...they only play iso's and some basic stuff....with sessions they should play tons of P&R but they dont....

its kobe iso....bynum iso....pau maybe...and then recycle.....

Sessions is a speedy guard and we can use his speed so many ways on offense but dummy wants him to walk the ball up and take off 8-12 secs of the clock....thats just bad offense if there is any....

1) Who in the league can stop Westbrook anyways? Name one player. This is why you need defensive systems to stop him. Now Brown isn't good on the offensive end, but I am sure you can see a defensive change to make it harder for Westbrook today. Thats one thing I wont take from Brown.

2) Sessions is athletic enough to play defense. We've seen him score fast break layups on the other end in about 2 seconds before. If he's struggling on D, its because he doesn't care.

3) I do agree in regards to the "offense". When you look at a crappy team like Denver, in the first two games, lakers were throwing the rock around, alley oops to Bynum. It looked good. But Denver isn't that good of a defensive threat, even if Faried is an annoying speedy big that fouls a lot.

So how to perform against the thunder? Like you say, more pick n rolls with sessions and the bigs. If the lakers play a crappy game 2 much like game 1, I'll just be waiting for next season so we can make moves.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: