Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Default Re: leonard in 1st preseason game

Quote Originally Posted by Paul George 24
    LEONARD IS INCONSITENT
    DID I HEARD SOMETHING WRONG,MAYBE U'RE TALKING ABOUT PG13
    He averaged 13/6 during the regular season. If he can do what he did in the playoffs against one of the best teams, why can't he bring that every night?

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    He averaged 13/6 during the regular season. If he can do what he did in the playoffs against one of the best teams, why can't he bring that every night?
    just think when ur team has gdp and no one even set play for u
    and no one plays more than 30 mins

stats won't mean everything
    Last edited by Paul George 24; 10-12-2014 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    dayum

4th best SF this year behind LeBron, KD, and Melo
    That was last year... This year he surpasses Melo...

And at best, if he drops an efficient 20/8 AND dpoty defense, who's to say he can't beat out KD?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

And at best, if he drops an efficient 20/8 AND dpoty defense, who's to say he can't beat out KD?
    Anyone with a brain.

Kawhi's not coming close to 20 PPG, CERTAINLY not next year and probably not ever. He has fifteen 20 point games his entire career (roughly one every 15 games).

But even if he does, better than KD? So you think he could be the second best player in the league next year?

Banned

That 13/6 is just what the Spurs needed in the regular season though. It's not a coincidence that the spurs went on a 20 game winning streak when Kawhi came back from injury. Also he was only playing 29 mpg in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    That 13/6 is just what the Spurs needed in the regular season though. It's not a coincidence that the spurs went on a 20 game winning streak when Kawhi came back from injury. Also he was only playing 29 mpg in the regular season.
    Right, so he's a role player. Albeit a very good one. But people saying he's surpassed Anthony? Wow.

Banned

Right, so he's a role player. Albeit a very good one. But people saying he's surpassed Anthony? Wow.

One person said that. And he was clearly trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Kawhi's not coming close to 20 PPG, CERTAINLY not next year and probably not ever. He has fifteen 20 point games his entire career (roughly one every 15 games).

But even if he does, better than KD? So you think he could be the second best player in the league next year?
    YES.... Kawhi can become a Scottie Pippen like player with less playmaking..

As a Spurs fan you should know that the potential has always been there. He's just holding back.. He does exactly what the team wants/needs. Now, you don't think he's going to be more agressive and take a larger role, especially after what we saw in the Finals? Dude had three straight 20+ point games... In the finals.... On like 11.5 FGA

This guy scored 29 on 77% (13 FGA), 20 on 58% (12 FGA), and 22 on 70% (10 FGA).......

So yes, I think he can average 20 in the regular season.

Edit: Not trolling - This year: Kawhi > Melo

Y'all are too obsessed with fancy stats and ppg... Kawhi brings more to the table. He's simply a better basketball player.

Banned

I'm a Spurs fan, and a big Kawhi Leonard fan. But I just don't see him averaging 20+ ppg this season. That's just not his game, that's not what the Spurs need from him right now. I would say that Kawhi would need to play around 34-35 mpg to get 20. No one on this team played more than 29 mpg this past season, and Pop did that purposely. He isn't gonna mess with that formula unless he needs to. The year Kawhi averages 20 ppg will be a struggle year for the Spurs.

Banned

Also Kawhi played 40 minutes in those games in the finals where he scored more than 20.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P

who cars how many points he scores when the spurs can repeat

Banned

I think Leonard can only be a 17-20 PPG player even if given 35 minutes a game, that's only because he actually plays defense. I'm talking about Tony Allen tight defense nearly every possession.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    I think Leonard can only be a 17-20 PPG player even if given 35 minutes a game, that's only because he actually plays defense. I'm talking about Tony Allen tight defense nearly every possession.

never say never

NBA Superstar

YES.... Kawhi can become a Scottie Pippen like player with less playmaking..

As a Spurs fan you should know that the potential has always been there. He's just holding back.. He does exactly what the team wants/needs. Now, you don't think he's going to be more agressive and take a larger role, especially after what we saw in the Finals? Dude had three straight 20+ point games... In the finals.... On like 11.5 FGA

This guy scored 29 on 77% (13 FGA), 20 on 58% (12 FGA), and 22 on 70% (10 FGA).......

So yes, I think he can average 20 in the regular season.
    Well damn, he isn't going to be going up against LeBron's lackluster defense every night of the regular season.