Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ESPN said Orlando asked for Bynum and Gasol for the trade for Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe681
    damn, as much as it sucks to do the Lakers have to pull the trigger on this.

You dont pass up on a franchise center like Dwight. you just dont.
    I know it sounds crazy, but does he stay in the summer?

I mean Kobe, Fisher, Artest, Walton, McRoberts. You

Decent college freshman

Default Re: ESPN said Orlando asked for Bynum and Gasol for the trade for Dwight.

I understand Gasol is a very good player but he is going to start declining fairly soon if he hasn't already. With that said, why is he still so valuable? This guys name is included in deals for arguably the best point-guard in the league and without question the best center in the league.

If I'm the Lakers, I pull the trigger. When Kobe retires and all you have left is Andrew Bynum, your going to look back and say....F*#K. Bynum is injury prone and will never be "the" guy on an elite team.

I'm not even a Laker fan and I would love to see Kobe and Howard. It's a lot better than Chris Paul and Kobe in my opinion.

Funny. Only way I would make deal is if we then turn around and trade that tpe for Lamar Odom. He is a good quality player that can easily start at pf for us and would fit perfectly next to Howard to space the floor.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    ...do you live in a cave?

oh sh!t....I f*cking forgot that he's on the Wizards team.... at me.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Why wouldn't the Lakers do this? No, you don't give in right away but you certainly do. You get the best center in the league, put him with Kobe and go to war. When Kobe is gone, you'll still have Howard. Win all around.

Laker fans really overvalue their players. What are you saving Bynum and Gasol for? Feel married to that 2nd rd exit you have coming?
    before that they went 3 straight years to the championship finals...

Decent playground baller NBA2k-Monster23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Why wouldn't the Lakers do this? No, you don't give in right away but you certainly do. You get the best center in the league, put him with Kobe and go to war. When Kobe is gone, you'll still have Howard. Win all around.

Laker fans really overvalue their players. What are you saving Bynum and Gasol for? Feel married to that 2nd rd exit you have coming?
    I agree Dwight is going to be great for along time. Then you will still have a slight edge over the heat and a couple of other teams because they don't have a center who can put up 30 to 25ppg.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    Yeah just offer the Nets Artest and Walton.
    I mean next year.

Anyhow, I don't think many Laker fans even like Gasol and Bynum. Bynum is cool, but a bit out there, i don't think he has a fan. Gasol is weird. Anyhow, enragement of a Laker fanbase is a myth. Just make the damn trade.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

It'd be a good move for LA long-term but it'd be hard to fill out the roster in the 1 or two great years Bryant may have left. If I'm running the Lakers and am assured Howard signs I'd do it but that's because I don't see the current Lakers defeating Dallas or OKC. That last trade was ODumb and has firmly placed them behind the WC elite.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Funny. Only way I would make deal is if we then turn around and trade that tpe for Lamar Odom. He is a good quality player that can easily start at pf for us and would fit perfectly next to Howard to space the floor.
    lol aint happening....Dallas is not stupid as Mitch/Jim Buss

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by NBA2k-Monster23
    I agree with you 100%. If the lakers get Dwight, CP3 or Deron is coming. That's if they have to wait and go into free agency one of them are coming.
    I know Salary Cap issues can be complex, but seriously people, if you are a sports fan, that can start a computer and log onto the internet you should have at least a basic understanding of how it works.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

If you want to make an omelette, you gotta break some eggs.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

I'd much rather have Paul, Bynum and Bryant then Howard and Bryant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    If you want to make an omelette, you gotta break some eggs.
    HOLY SH1T...we got an EINSTEIN here folks

Decent playground baller NBA2k-Monster23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    I know Salary Cap issues can be complex, but seriously people, if you are a sports fan, that can start a computer and log onto the internet you should have at least a basic understanding of how it works.
    So you mean to tell me CP3 or Deron wouldn't take a paycut to come and play with Dwight and Kobe. Yeah okay. Trust me if they tell the Lakers they would like to sign there in the summer. The lakers will make moves so it's possible.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    You can't combine TE's.
    My bad, I didnt mean to combine them. But one of them is 5 mil, and the other is almost 9. you can pick up some solid players with that.