Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Default Re: How did Birdman slip through the cracks??

when CF86 tries to talk about the nuggets like he knows anything, it makes me vomit.

stick to hyping the clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Which is even more wrong. Zero loyalty from the Nuggets front office if a guy is acquitted and that's why you bench him long term. Dude was a big part of the Nuggets the last decade.
    To be acquitted means you were charged, and Anderson was never even charged. He was just investigated.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    To be acquitted means you were charged, and Anderson was never even charged. He was just investigated.
    My apologies. I thought charges were brought against him. Even more reason not to treat him like an outcast because of the "accusations"

Love his hustle plays and energy. Bird plays like he has something to prove. Great pick up by the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Which is even more wrong. Zero loyalty from the Nuggets front office if a guy is acquitted and that's why you bench him long term. Dude was a big part of the Nuggets the last decade.
    Wait did you just say he was a big part of the Nuggets of the last decade? First off no he wasn't, he was a back-up big man who was merely an energy guy. Secondly do you realize how much money the Nuggets have been paying this guy since 2009? The Nuggets agreed to give this guy a 5 year contract worth $26 million when he was 31 and had been out of the league for 2 years for abusing hard drugs.

The only thing partially negative that you can accuse the Nuggets doing is amnestying Birdman, and is that really negative when you consider that he will receive the $9 million he was owed over the next two years?

Wait did you just say he was a big part of the Nuggets of the last decade? First off no he wasn't, he was a back-up big man who was merely an energy guy. Secondly do you realize how much money the Nuggets have been paying this guy since 2009? The Nuggets agreed to give this guy a 5 year contract worth $26 million when he was 31 and had been out of the league for 2 years for abusing hard drugs.

The only thing partially negative that you can accuse the Nuggets doing is amnestying Birdman, and is that really negative when you consider that he will receive the $9 million he was owed over the next two years?
    This!!

The Amnesty was not all bad.. He still gets paid, had time to recover from his surgery, and had time to get back in shape. It made sense for the Nuggets to amnesty him due to Mcgee, Koufos and Mozgov being on the roster. The way I see it, all is well that ends well.

Bird has a shot at a title with the Heat, while still earning money from the Nuggets.

Nuggets still have 3 serviceable bigs. Nuggets don't have to worry about Birds contract effecting their cap space.

NBA coaches can get iffy about having crackheads playing for them sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    NBA coaches can get iffy about having crackheads playing for them sometimes...
    Bird was signed after his drug problems by Charlotte, then Denver, then Miami.. I doubt any thought was given about his prior drug problems. After his suspension for drugs, there was never a relapse..

Quote Originally Posted by Blingster
    Bird was signed after his drug problems by Charlotte, then Denver, then Miami.. I doubt any thought was given about his prior drug problems. After his suspension for drugs, there was never a relapse..
    if n[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]ggaz want dude so badly then why he had no minutes last year and why he didn't start playing for a team like a week ago?

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    when CF86 tries to talk about the nuggets like he knows anything, it makes me vomit.

stick to hyping the clips.
    The Clippers went back to sucking, his boyfriend Eric Bledsoe got exposed, CP3 and Blake are injured so he has no more Clipper ***** to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    if n[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]ggaz want dude so badly then why he had no minutes last year and why he didn't start playing for a team like a week ago?

I would assume, like I said earlier, it was because of the negative press that he received as a result of an extortion plot.

Birdman is a high energy guy that can come off the bench for 10-12 minutes a game. He can alter a couple shots maybe block 1 or 2, grab 2-3 boards, score a bucket or two.. nothing amazing. He is a stop gap between the starters taking a breather on the bench.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

You misunderstood what I meant by "big part". I didn't mean the guy was a star. I meant he was a big part of the team identity, a fan favorite, and in his limited minutes had huge impact often times. I agree initially the Nuggets treated him very good and amnestying him wasn't wrong. My thing was the 2 years riding the bench without getting a shot BEFORE being amnestied.

Which ironically his PER 36 rates were still fantastic and among his best the last two years.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Ruutu's Avatar

Birdman is a perfect fit for Miami team. Def made them stronger on the boards.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I'm 95% positive it was because of the sexual assault case.
    Yup. Miami's the kind of place that embraces degenerates so it's a good fit for him.

Is heroin a PED?