Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-28-2008, 06:28 AM   #1
JtotheIzzo
NBA Superstar

Default Bron Owns Kobe Again...I Wanna Hear Views From Both Ends of the Groupie Spectrum

Kobe is the best player in the world... ain't he?

Defensive player of the year candidate...ain't he?

Superbly clutch...ain't he?

Bron had 41, Kobe had 33

Bron had 14 in the 4th quarter, Kobe was 1-7 in the 4th (at home)

Bron has won the last five head to head on pretty evenly matched teams.

Is LeBron now better than Kobe?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:47 AM   #2
BigTicket
Cavs for life

Default Re: Bron Owns Kobe Again...I Wanna Hear Views From Both Ends of the Groupie Spectrum

Kobe is the best player in the world... ain't he? You could argue so, but there are others with a good claim, and its close in any case

Defensive player of the year candidate...ain't he? No, just no.

Superbly clutch...ain't he? Yes, but bad shot selection at times

Is LeBron now better than Kobe? I think so, but again its very much open to interpretation, neither of them is clearly better than the other.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:50 AM   #3
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Default Re: Bron Owns Kobe Again...I Wanna Hear Views From Both Ends of the Groupie Spectrum

There was hardly any ownage going on. Had Kobe hit that last layup he missed, Lakers would probably have won, and Kobe would have been praised to no end. One play is not the difference between being owned or not. Kobe had what, 33/12/6?
Why does it always have to be the extremes? It's not like Bron thouroughly outplayed Kobe. The Lakers lost the game when Kobe was NOT on the floor. I know it doesn't mean a whole lot, but Kobe's +/- this game was +8, Bron's was -3.

Just to clarify, I'm not denying that Kobe couldn't stop Bron in the 4th, but Bron did hold Kobe to only 9 in the 4th and played exceptional defense.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:09 AM   #4
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

i hate it how people use what ifs in defending those players, if kobe had hit that last layup. thing is he didnt thats why he got owned. if there what ifs in the world being used all the time Mark Price would be one of the greatest players of all time because what if jordan didnt hit that shot against the cavs in the 1990's finals. its absolutely stupid!
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:13 AM   #5
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
i hate it how people use what ifs in defending those players, if kobe had hit that last layup. thing is he didnt thats why he got owned. if there what ifs in the world being used all the time Mark Price would be one of the greatest players of all time because what if jordan didnt hit that shot against the cavs in the 1990's finals. its absolutely stupid!

So Kobe got owned by Bron because he didn't hit a shot where Bron wasn't even near him?

Last edited by Brunch@Five : 01-28-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:15 AM   #6
BigTicket
Cavs for life

Kobe didn't get owned, he was better for the first 3 quarters, got outplayed in the 4th when they matched up directly, and lost the game. Even so he had a pretty good game.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:18 AM   #7
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
So Kobe hot owned by Bron because he didn't hit a shot where Bron wasn't even near him?
no he got owned by the cavs because he missed that shot n went 1-7 in the 4th quater whilst lebron scored how much 13?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:22 AM   #9
kidachi

Kobe's still better but LeBron's just impressive this year.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:28 AM   #10
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Quote:
no he got owned by the cavs because he missed that shot n went 1-7 in the 4th quater whilst lebron scored how much 13?

Kobe scored 9 points that quarter, fouled out Big Z, outrebounded Bron and had as many assists. He only committed one TO, whereas Bron had 4 turnover. You act like Kobe didn't do **** in the 4th and Bron was perfect.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:30 AM   #11
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

but yet......kobe still lost? maybe that 1-7 had something to do with it.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:34 AM   #12
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Quote:
but yet......kobe still lost? maybe that 1-7 had something to do with it.

Maybe the rest of the Lakers not being able to make plays without him on the floor had something to do with it. Maybe not everything is Kobe vs Bron. Maybe not everything is black and white.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:37 AM   #13
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
Maybe the rest of the Lakers not being able to make plays without him on the floor had something to do with it. Maybe not everything is Kobe vs Bron. Maybe not everything is black and white.
maybe if kobe wasnt such a ballhog and shot 44 times in games then that wouldnt happen. kobe dosnt trust a player that isnt 7 foot and can control the paint.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:14 AM   #14
Created Player
Banned

I see there is more sidetalk from Laker fans. You list quality reasons why LeBron is better based on on the court performances and head-to-head match-up, and all they do is make up a bunch of hypothetical 'what-if' scenarios.

Classic spinners. They should be part of the Clinton campaign.

But what I want to talk about is how LeBron made Kobe look flustered and rushed during crunchtime. It looked like the light went off in LeBron's head that if he got physical with Kobe, he could eliminate 80% of Kobe's arsenal. His lateral movement in combination with his length were just excellent. His IQ was top notch as well, as he didn't fall for any of Kobe's pumpfakes.

From this point on, Kobe might be in trouble against LeBron cause I think LeBron thinks he can shut him down.

We'll have to wait till next year to see, though.
Created Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:26 AM   #15
duncan on U
Decent playground baller

Lebron
duncan on U is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: