Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #16
iamgine

Default Re: In the next 6 games you are going to see why Bynum is more valuable than Kobe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Give me a freaken break man. The lakers are still a very good team without kobe? You know how dumb that sounds? I understand you are a kobe hater but lets be reasonable here. Bynums impact on the Lakers is huge. But Kobe creates a lot of oppurtunities for Bynum. He finds him in the paint and works well off him. They need each other. Bynum gets a lot of easy looks because of Kobe.
true this

Quote:
It's not a chance to just say it, it's a chance to prove it. Lets just wait and see how well Kobe does without Bynum

not very good, just 30++ points/night like last season.

Maybe you should say how LAKERS will be doing.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #17
shok
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: In the next 6 games you are going to see why Bynum is more valuable than Kobe....

Haha, conveniently, the Lakers' next 4 of 6 opponents are Phoenix, Denver, San Antonio and Dallas.

Also, I think its safe to say that everyone on this forum knows you're ID hopping from Allnbaarenas, kgisbigticket, i'm sorry guys, etc.
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #18
AllNBAArenas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
anticipate all you want, if they have to go against the spurs, mavs, suns, and nugs without their all-nba 2 guard, they are unlikely to win. those are some very strong teams. and for the record, kobe's a laker which makes him most definitely not my boy, so you can keep that piece of rhetoric in your pocket. any time you lose 25+ pts and your best perimeter defender and passer, you really don't want to be going against the top three teams from last year or someone with the fire power that the nuggets have (though i think they are pretty banged up themselves right now - and so are the spurs right?).

Well alright then. Let's just see how well your all-nba 2 guard, 25+ point scoring, best team defender and passer does in the next few games.

Kobe goes over .500 in this stretch and proves you right.

Lakers win 3 games, it don't prove anything.

The Lakers win 0-2 games and it proves me right.

Last edited by AllNBAArenas : 01-14-2008 at 04:29 PM.
AllNBAArenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #19
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllNBAArenas
Well alright then. Let's just see how well your all-nba 2 guard, 25+ point scoring, best team defender and passer does in the next few games.
well, on the one hand i hope he sucks, cause i want the lakers to lose. on the other hand he's on one of my fantasy teams, so i need production out of him. let's hope he averages 50 over the next few games and the team loses. then we can both be right, my fantasy team doesn't get hurt, and the lakers don't beat the nuggets.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #20
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
...to the Laker's success. Bynum has become the foundation of the Lakers and is already sucking in the defense down low even though he has been playing at an elite level for a short time. The Lakers are probably better with both Kobe and Bynum, but Bynum has become the more valuable player to the Lakers. W/o Kobe the team still works, functions, and flows very well, they just lose a player who gets hot every 5 games or so. Without Bynum they lose all cohesiveness and Kobe becomes unglued and just starts gunning with the rest of the team just standing around watching him go off on his own.

Without Kobe, the Lakers are still a good team. Without Bynum, the Lakers are, scratch that, will play like a very mediocre team. Bynum will probably miss around 3 weeks, hopefully no more. As a barometer, lets take a look at the next 6 games and see how well Kobe leads his team w/o Bynum. I'm guessing you are going to see exactly how valuable Bynum is to this team and how hopeless and destructive Kobe is by himself.

remarkably poor post. yes, you will see the Lakers suffer from the absence of Bynum. as they should. Bynum is evolving into a truly effective player and the post presence they have long needed. But if they suffer, it is NOT because he is more important than Kobe, but that he is important in general.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #21
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Without Kobe, the Lakers are still a very good team. Without Bynum, the Lakers are a .500 team at best.

So without Bryant, you're saying the Lakers are, what, a .600 team? If Bryant were injured for the whole season, the Lakers would still be a 50 win team or something similar?

Quote:
Who said he was a top 10 player? He just makes the Lakers a better team than Kobe. Raw talent and flash does not always translate into wins. How many times have we seen that in the NBA.

Impact is certainly taken into accound when determining how good a player is, and if you're saying that Bynum is more important to the Lakers right now than Bryant, and Bryant is a top 5 player, Bynum has to be a top 5 player.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #22
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Regardless of "hating" and all that nonsense, you're a flat out groupie if you don't think an argument can be made that Bynum has been equally (or even more) important to the Lakers so far this year than Bryant.

It's not about who the best player is necessarily. It's about who's had the most impact thus far in the season.

But of course, it's like blasphemy or something to DARE to suggest that any other person might deserve equal or similar praise for the Lakers' play to Bryant.

Which goes back to Knoe Itawl's Theory of the Groupie. That is, groupies no longer care about how Bryant actually plays. Their mind is made up that he's the best, he will be the MVP of the Lakers until the day he retires and on and on. So it doesn't matter how well Bynum or any other Laker plays most of the credit MUST go to Kobe Bryant.

Blah.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #23
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Regardless of "hating" and all that nonsense, you're a flat out groupie if you don't think an argument can be made that Bynum has been equally (or even more) important to the Lakers so far this year than Bryant.

It's not about who the best player is necessarily. It's about who's had the most impact thus far in the season.

But of course, it's like blasphemy or something to DARE to suggest that any other person might deserve equal or similar praise for the Lakers' play to Bryant.

Which goes back to Knoe Itawl's Theory of the Groupie. That is, groupies no longer care about how Bryant actually plays. Their mind is made up that he's the best, he will be the MVP of the Lakers until the day he retires and on and on. So it doesn't matter how well Bynum or any other Laker plays most of the credit MUST go to Kobe Bryant.

Blah.
come on, man. he plays less than 30 minutes a game and scores under 15 (don't know the exact stats). they are going to miss his work on the offensive glass and his help defense at the rim, but it's not like dwight howard sitting out for the magic or anything. i don't know if mihm is healthy or not, but the rotation of odom, kwame, mihm, and turiaff should be able to keep them treading water as long as everybody else stays healthy.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #24
AllNBAArenas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly

Impact is certainly taken into accound when determining how good a player is, and if you're saying that Bynum is more important to the Lakers right now than Bryant, and Bryant is a top 5 player, Bynum has to be a top 5 player.

Or maybe Kobe isn't really a top 5 player. But whatever, doesn't matter what you criteria is for "top 5", the big man once again has become more impactful to the Lakers than flashy Kobe.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #25
U got Served
Banned

Quote:
...to the Laker's success. Bynum has become the foundation of the Lakers and is already sucking in the defense down low even though he has been playing at an elite level for a short time. The Lakers are probably better with both Kobe and Bynum, but Bynum has become the more valuable player to the Lakers. W/o Kobe the team still works, functions, and flows very well, they just lose a player who gets hot every 5 games or so. Without Bynum they lose all cohesiveness and Kobe becomes unglued and just starts gunning with the rest of the team just standing around watching him go off on his own.

Without Kobe, the Lakers are still a good team. Without Bynum, the Lakers are, scratch that, will play like a very mediocre team. Bynum will probably miss around 3 weeks, hopefully no more. As a barometer, lets take a look at the next 6 games and see how well Kobe leads his team w/o Bynum. I'm guessing you are going to see exactly how valuable Bynum is to this team and how hopeless and destructive Kobe is by himself.

STUPID THREAD. HOW WOULD THE LAKERS DO WITHOUT KOBE?
U got Served is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #26
vert48
Can You?

Will the Lakers go .500 in the games Bynum misses?
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #27
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
come on, man. he plays less than 30 minutes a game and scores under 15 (don't know the exact stats). they are going to miss his work on the offensive glass and his help defense at the rim, but it's not like dwight howard sitting out for the magic or anything. i don't know if mihm is healthy or not, but the rotation of odom, kwame, mihm, and turiaff should be able to keep them treading water as long as everybody else stays healthy.

He's given them a more than solid low post presence on defense and on offense which they were SORELY lacking. He's put up several monster games, is an intimidater, etc. etc.

Put it this way, the Lakers didn't start to look like a top team until what happened? Bynum came of age. Kobe isn't playing any better than he has before, he's shooting 44% in fact. There are several factors in the Lakers play, but the most important has certainly been Bynum's emergence. I don't really see how you can deny that.

Like I said, I'm not saying Bynum DEFINITELY has been his equal or better only that this attitude of it not even being worthy of discussion is absurd.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #28
AllNBAArenas

Quote:
come on, man. he plays less than 30 minutes a game and scores under 15 (don't know the exact stats). they are going to miss his work on the offensive glass and his help defense at the rim, but it's not like dwight howard sitting out for the magic or anything.

The Lakers should be able to maintain close to their current level of play then. Let's watch and see shall we.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #29
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
He's given them a more than solid low post presence on defense and on offense which they were SORELY lacking. He's put up several monster games, is an intimidater, etc. etc.

Put it this way, the Lakers didn't start to look like a top team until what happened? Bynum came of age. Kobe isn't playing any better than he has before, he's shooting 44% in fact.

Like I said, I'm not saying Bynum DEFINITELY has been his equal or better only that this attitude of it not even being worthy of discussion is absurd.

You are obsessed..And its funny..You spend so much time trying to discredit one guy...
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #30
AllNBAArenas

Quote:
Originally Posted by U got Served
STUPID THREAD. HOW WOULD THE LAKERS DO WITHOUT KOBE?

Better than they would without Bynum. I honestly and truly believe this and anticipate seeing the chance for it to unfold.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: