Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 08-08-2006, 11:25 PM   #1
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation
Default Steve Nash Appreciation Thread

since there's not alot goin' on in the suns forum right now i just thought i'd take some time to talk about one of the games greatest and a lock for future hall of famer...
Steve Nash is one of the most humble and team-oriented players of this generation and is continuing to glow here in phoenix with back-to-back MVP performances, being the leader in assists back-to-back, and being the head of the snake that also leads the suns to the highest scoring average in back-to-back seasons as well.One amazing demonstration of humbleness and self-control that Steve displays is, instead of complaining about, he praises the refs after certain games for having one of the hardest jobs in the world when there are most definitely questionable calls in those games (except for when he got ejected against memphis 2 years ago haha). He is also a pass-first point guard (obviously) which is rare these days, but can take control and score at will at the same time. I think that everyone would agree that Steve is just one of the greatest personalities that the NBA has witnessed and worthy of at least one good shiny ring on his finger before his time in the league is up.
I know this is not much of a debate topic obviously but i just wanna hear some agreement/feedback/possible disagreement maybe
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:51 PM   #2
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATfan32
since there's not alot goin' on in the suns forum right now i just thought i'd take some time to talk about one of the games greatest and a lock for future hall of famer...
Steve Nash is one of the most humble and team-oriented players of this generation and is continuing to glow here in phoenix with back-to-back MVP performances, being the leader in assists back-to-back, and being the head of the snake that also leads the suns to the highest scoring average in back-to-back seasons as well.One amazing demonstration of humbleness and self-control that Steve displays is, instead of complaining about, he praises the refs after certain games for having one of the hardest jobs in the world when there are most definitely questionable calls in those games (except for when he got ejected against memphis 2 years ago haha). He is also a pass-first point guard (obviously) which is rare these days, but can take control and score at will at the same time. I think that everyone would agree that Steve is just one of the greatest personalities that the NBA has witnessed and worthy of at least one good shiny ring on his finger before his time in the league is up.
I know this is not much of a debate topic obviously but i just wanna hear some agreement/feedback/possible disagreement maybe

You know it is funny, I was thinking about making a thread just like this.

Excellent post STATfan32. I agree with everything that you said. Steve Nash is not only a great Basketball player but a great person. Nash doesn't want all this recognition, or a street named after him, or anything, he just wants to help people and play Basketball. I really look up to him as he is a fellow Canadian and he is a constant reminder to me of what hard work can get you.

Steve Nash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3RZKWwx6tk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trjJit37ucM
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:36 AM   #3
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

agreed on everything...plus..his eyes are cute and his hair is sexy...
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:36 AM   #4
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation

what alot of people dont know is that he was born in south africa, but raised in canada....canadian none the less....and thanx again seth, yeah i forgot to even mention that he doesn't think that either of the MVP trophies belong to him....but you know that deep down he takes pride in them
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:30 AM   #5
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

he the most humble MVP ever!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #6
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

I was a fan of his since his first stint here in PHX, but I have to admit I am amazed at the improvement he has shown since leaving and coming back. I knew he was good, but I didn't know how good he would be.

Here's hoping the shaved head doesn't curse him!!!
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:28 AM   #7
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation

I thought he was a fantastic player since he started to star in Dallas...But i had no idea he could score like he can untill his first year back in Phoenix in that playoff series against the Mavs I remember just watching in awe ... didn't he average 30 or something???

That silenced any of those who were critical of him winning the MVP that year, and in my mind made him one of the most unique players i've ever seen...Not to mention one of the best.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 03:11 AM   #8
warriors23
Banned

warriors23 has an OK reputation so far

zeah but what bugs me is neither kidd or stockton got an mvp but he gets one back to back wel he is still the 3rd best guard in the league after kidd and AI
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #9
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
zeah but what bugs me is neither kidd or stockton got an mvp but he gets one back to back wel he is still the 3rd best guard in the league after kidd and AI

why you mad???!!! he's definetly the best in the league... maybe Kidd in his prime was as good as Nash... but not A.I!!! he's better off a shooting guard...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: