Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
PlattOpus
Can barely lace up my sneakers

PlattOpus has an OK reputation so far
Default picking 1st.. LBJ or cp3?

this is my 2nd league and im kinda lucky picking 1st.. who to pick? having dilemma..
PlattOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
Ploc89

Ploc89 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: picking 1st.. LBJ or cp3?

Roto or H2H?
Ploc89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:51 AM   #3
PlattOpus

PlattOpus has an OK reputation so far

h2h sir
PlattOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:55 AM   #4
Ploc89

Ploc89 has an OK reputation so far

I'll say take Paul and focus on pts, assists, steals, and fg+ft %
Although Lebron gives you a more all around game, in my opinion for a head 2 head league, cp3 is the better value pick.
Good luck.
Ploc89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

It's a tough call in H2H. I'd say CP is head and shoulder's the best ROTO 1st overall pick. H2H is a different beast. You can easily punt FT% in H2H and own LBJ, building off 30 pts, 7+dimes, 7+bds, 48% FG, 1+ blk, 1+3, 1+stl....all from a SF! That means your big stats and small man stats will be that much better, because you're getting all of that from a swing man. CP is elite small man stats obviously, but you still need to get quality bigs.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #6
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
It's a tough call in H2H. I'd say CP is head and shoulder's the best ROTO 1st overall pick. H2H is a different beast. You can easily punt FT% in H2H and own LBJ, building off 30 pts, 7+dimes, 7+bds, 48% FG, 1+ blk, 1+3, 1+stl....all from a SF! That means your big stats and small man stats will be that much better, because you're getting all of that from a swing man. CP is elite small man stats obviously, but you still need to get quality bigs.

well said. CP is most dominant in roto because he doesnt hurt you in any cats. LBJ is most dominant in h2h because he maximizes most cats better than anyone, provided that you're willing to tank ft% and TOs after that.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #7
johnk5150

johnk5150 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlattOpus
this is my 2nd league and im kinda lucky picking 1st.. who to pick? having dilemma..

When are your playoffs? Most leagues, LeBro has only 4 games during the playoffs.
johnk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #8
mpt3489
I airball my layups

mpt3489 has an OK reputation so far

im in the same situation (H2H, first pick) and im choosin LBJ. yea paul is nasty and doesnt hurt u in any cats but LBJ is just such a contributer in so many ways with the steal, rbs, assists, fg% and PTS which he leads teh league in. yes his TOs are high but so are pauls. any good player who has teh ball in his hands alot will have alot of TOs. the FT% is bad but he has shot 75% or higher twice in his career so he could shoot better than last year. and thats only one cat couple him with dwight howard in the 2nd round and u will hav a nice foundation for pts, rbs, blocks and fg%. ull just hav to concede FT% pretty much every week, but u will win which is most important. so again i think LBJ is the guy in H2H....
mpt3489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #9
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnk5150
When are your playoffs? Most leagues, LeBro has only 4 games during the playoffs.

This might actually tip the scales for me to Chris Paul. I don't normally play H2H so I didn't realize this.

I'd be going with CP3, assuming you doubt you're going to be dealing away CP or LBJ. If they are with you all season long, then CP is the guy with LBJ's H2H playoff issues.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:28 AM   #10
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnk5150

That sucks. I didnt know that.

I remember reading about h2h playoff situations like this. I think if I remember correctly Washington had the worst h2h playoff schedule for the end of last season, and thats why a lot of people werent high on drafting Arenas early in leagues.

I didnt see a lot of this kind of info this season, but then again I didnt pay for a draft kit either. if anyone has a link that provides this kind of stuff (players that are more/less valuable because of how many games they're playing in the last two or three weeks of the season) I'd love to see it. Thanks
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:13 PM   #11
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
That sucks. I didnt know that.

I remember reading about h2h playoff situations like this. I think if I remember correctly Washington had the worst h2h playoff schedule for the end of last season, and thats why a lot of people werent high on drafting Arenas early in leagues.

I didnt see a lot of this kind of info this season, but then again I didnt pay for a draft kit either. if anyone has a link that provides this kind of stuff (players that are more/less valuable because of how many games they're playing in the last two or three weeks of the season) I'd love to see it. Thanks

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nba/...yprimer_101708

End of the article would be what you're looking for
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #12
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nba/...yprimer_101708

End of the article would be what you're looking for