Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-30-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default 2010 Bobcats summer league roster

No. Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Birthdate College/Last Played Yrs Pro

21 Alexis Ajinca C 7-1 262 5/6/88 France / Charlotte Bobcats 2

Alade Aminu F 6-10 225 10/14/87 Georgia Tech / Bakersfield (NBAD) R

Antonio Anderson G 6-6 215 6/5/85 Memphis / Rio Grande (NBAD) 1

Brandon Bowman F 6-9 230 10/15/84 Georgetown / Turkey R

4 Derrick Brown F 6-7 225 9/8/87 Xavier / Charlotte Bobcats 1

Denis Clemente G 6-0 180 4/10/86 Kansas State R

Sherron Collins G 5-11 200 3/18/87 Kansas R

Marquis Gilstrap F 6-7 215 8/12/87 Iowa State R

Marcus Ginyard G 6-6 210 5/8/87 North Carolina R

Brandon Hazzard G 6-2 192 11/14/87 Troy R

15 Gerald Henderson G 6-5 215 12/9/87 Duke / Charlotte Bobcats 1

Nathan Jawai C 6-10 280 10/10/86 Australia / Minnesota Timberwolves 2

Tyren Johnson F 6-8 204 7/24/88 Louisiana-Lafayette R

Jerel McNeal G 6-3 190 7/1/87 Marquette / Belgium R

Darius Miles F 6-9 235 10/9/81 East St. Louis HS (IL) / Memphis Grizzlies 7

Jeremy Pargo G 6-2 215 3/7/86 Gonzaga / Israel R

Pape Sow C 6-10 250 11/22/81 Cal State-Fullerton / Spain 3

P.J. Tucker F 6-6 225 5/5/85 Texas / Israel 1

Shawne Williams F 6-9 225 2/16/86 Memphis / New Jersey Nets 3
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2010 Bobcats summer league roster

We have a semi-college all-star team for a summer league team. I really like that.

My players to watch are:
Alade Aminu
Antonio Anderson
Sherron Collins
Jerel McNeal
Jeremy Pargo
Pape Sow

I like we're giving Marcus Ginyard a chance, but I think that's all he'll get. I find it funny we've got Darius Miles, though I seriously hope that unless he's dramatically improved we don't sign him.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Shame we missed the boat on Torrance, but I totally understand him choosing Miami over us.

Anyone wanna bet Darius Miles won't make the team? He screams "I'm an LB type of player" to me.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

My boy Marcus Ginyard from UNC on the Summer League roster. HE is a good defender, but not a good enough scorer to make the team.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:30 AM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dave Hanners is coaching the team because LB is on vacation. Hmmm.... Makes me wonder if LB comes back and announces his retirement, giving the reins to Dave.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Don't forget to follow our guys at 1 PM Eastern on NBA-TV!
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:59 PM   #7
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Well, we're 2-0. Anybody watching the games?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:31 AM   #8
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Well, we're 2-0. Anybody watching the games?
yep, just watched the bobcats/thunder game today. gerald henderson is definitely the star of the team and he gets to the rim at will. ajinca and derrick brown are playing great, but nobody else is really impressive. sherron collins didn't do well at all but he did pretty well in his first game. definitely gonna wake up at 10 tomorrow morning to catch the game against the celtics.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #9
gutterballer733
Kids at the park dunk on me

gutterballer733 has an OK reputation so far

I agree that no one else has really impressed. I was hoping that Sherron Collins would step up and become a legit option for us at pg, but thus far i just dont see it. Jeremy Pargo has played better than Sherron, but still not very good, and he cant shoot. I've noticed that a lot of the pg's that are playing well are already under contract from their teams (jrue holiday, eric maynor, oliver lafayete) so at least they are playing against solid comp. Good game from PJ Tucker today after doing almost nothing yesterday, but I don't see him sticking with us either. Glad to see Ajinca playing pretty well though. It looks like hes bulked up in his torso area, but still has skinny arms. And D Brown and Gerald need to keep up the good work.
gutterballer733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #10
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterballer733
Glad to see Ajinca playing pretty well though.

He had 8 fouls.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #11
gutterballer733

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
He had 8 fouls.
haha i said "pretty well". he did have 14 points and 6 boards though, which is somewhat promising. at least hes showing some progress.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #12
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Well we stunk it up today against the Celtics. 10 pts. in the 1st quarter.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #13
gutterballer733

yep, bad all around. Didn't get to catch the game, but looking at the box score is pretty nasty. Derrick Brown played well again, and Alade Aminu had a solid game. Jereal McNeal is a piece of crap. Pargo can't shoot at all, but managed to get 8 assists, which is pretty solid. Anyone know why Dennis Clemente was a DNP-CD today? Sherron Collins was too...
Old 07-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #14
jaggedmole
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jaggedmole has decent reputation

I think the thing to take from the summer league games is the way players play. Numbers don't matter as much. That being said, I've been pleased with what I've seen out of Henderson. I think he's progressing and will be able to play some rotation minutes for us this year.
jaggedmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #15
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

The only problem is, I'd rather us re-sign Larry Hughes and have him as our backup SG than Henderson.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: