Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 02-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
despurs
High School JV MVP

despurs has an OK reputation so far
Default Utah Rumor trade

Cbssportsline has this rumor sounds like a bad trade for the spurs.

"February 15, 2007 5:53 pm
Alotta websites have discussed the notion that Kirlenko could be swapped for Manu Ginobli in a blockbuster at the deadline. Other names included in the deal are Fisher, Collins, and Harpring while the Spurs are disputing whether Bowen, Barry, Udrih, or Oberto that the would rather seperate with. Apprently the Spurs are requesting Fisher be included in the deal or the deal would be off. The proposed deal that I keep hearing is Kirilenko and Fisher and possibly CJ Miles for Ginobli, Bowen, Oberto, and Udrih.
despurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:11 PM   #2
gagnants
I brick open layups

gagnants has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Utah Rumor trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by despurs
Cbssportsline has this rumor sounds like a bad trade for the spurs.

"February 15, 2007 5:53 pm
Alotta websites have discussed the notion that Kirlenko could be swapped for Manu Ginobli in a blockbuster at the deadline. Other names included in the deal are Fisher, Collins, and Harpring while the Spurs are disputing whether Bowen, Barry, Udrih, or Oberto that the would rather seperate with. Apprently the Spurs are requesting Fisher be included in the deal or the deal would be off. The proposed deal that I keep hearing is Kirilenko and Fisher and possibly CJ Miles for Ginobli, Bowen, Oberto, and Udrih.

wow that would be a real shake up for the spurs roster. we'd be giving up 3 starter quality (ok maybe 2, oberto is inconsistent) players for 1. i really like ak47's game (his contract is huge, but his youth is a plus), however he's having a down season. adding fisher, who is an upper tier backup point, would also be great roster addition to have. but ultimately, losing ginobli & bowen would be giving up too much in my opinion for two. ginobli & bowen know pop's system, have been a staple in the spurs franchise & seem to have great chemistry with duncan. the spurs are in a great position going into the 2nd half of the season to make such a big trade. i'd just look for package that'd get us fisher. maybe a finley, bonner, udrih deal. lol could you imagine pairing horry & fisher, that'd give us a nice duo of clutch shooters!
gagnants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:16 AM   #3
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

I dont like this deal at all. IMO AK is way too injury prone and is not worth manu.

If it was fisher and milsap for oberto, barry, udrih id do it in a heart beat. hell id even throw in a first round pick if it means getting milsap. but even that trade would be too good to be true.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
suave
Can barely lace up my sneakers

suave has an OK reputation so far
Red face Re: Spurs G.M.

Spurs G.M.-but this i want to tell you that i know about my team is doing but that if you want to see the Spurs go for the Finals but that if you go to the trade Machine but on www.espn.com and Look please but they all want to see Juan Dixion and please get him Here.and please put on Happy Face but for this good trade and this is from your Buddy Mr.Richard Lee Ochoa.
suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:25 PM   #5
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagnants
wow that would be a real shake up for the spurs roster. we'd be giving up 3 starter quality (ok maybe 2, oberto is inconsistent) players for 1. i really like ak47's game (his contract is huge, but his youth is a plus), however he's having a down season. adding fisher, who is an upper tier backup point, would also be great roster addition to have. but ultimately, losing ginobli & bowen would be giving up too much in my opinion for two. ginobli & bowen know pop's system, have been a staple in the spurs franchise & seem to have great chemistry with duncan. the spurs are in a great position going into the 2nd half of the season to make such a big trade. i'd just look for package that'd get us fisher. maybe a finley, bonner, udrih deal. lol could you imagine pairing horry & fisher, that'd give us a nice duo of clutch shooters!

Paring two former Lakers that hit 3's like crazy would basically be Crazy.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: