Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-13-2006, 04:56 PM   #1
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default its official

lakers signed radmonovic and shammond williams. i think radmonovic was a good choice but shammond williams?
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:12 PM   #2
The Laker Link
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Laker Link has no real reputation yet.

I like all of this but I hope there is more...

Right now I am excited for the season with this roster and can't wait to see how they all face up against like the Jazz and Hornets and others...but I really hope there is more to come to bring in the help...

This team I believe could be the team in the WCF with the Hornets and a great series so I am happy....

But Mitch...BRING IN MORE PEOPLE AND HELP.....
The Laker Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:11 PM   #3
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laker Link

Right now I am excited for the season with this roster and can't wait to see how they all face up against like the Jazz and Hornets and others...but I really hope there is more to come to bring in the help...

This team I believe could be the team in the WCF with the Hornets and a great series so I am happy....

so what help would you like to have if you were asked????
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:24 PM   #4
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laker Link

Whoa there...as much as i would like to believe that the lakers are a strong canditdate for the wcf...its a little more tough than it seems. Mavs are still there, Spurs still there, the team i would think would scare the lakers would have to be the phoenix suns w amare back...I believe the lakers can contend with mavs, spurs and anyone else...but im not sure they can win a 7 game series against them. I would like to see odom be the man and kwame be consistent from the start...if they can have these two play like they did at the end of last season...then maybe they can make a run in the playoffs...just hope they dont run into the suns early....
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:34 PM   #5
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

good
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:31 PM   #6
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default uh...tim is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Whoa there...as much as i would like to believe that the lakers are a strong canditdate for the wcf...its a little more tough than it seems. Mavs are still there, Spurs still there, the team i would think would scare the lakers would have to be the phoenix suns w amare back...I believe the lakers can contend with mavs, spurs and anyone else...but im not sure they can win a 7 game series against them. I would like to see odom be the man and kwame be consistent from the start...if they can have these two play like they did at the end of last season...then maybe they can make a run in the playoffs...just hope they dont run into the suns early....

you only hate tim thomas cuz he sank you guys in that last game...plus you're right...they don't have a chance against amare...even with radmanovic...good choice by the way...a loss for the clippers, though sam cassell is still with them and he's still better than a lot of your players...and since the traitor signed with your buddies the clips, they're going to give you hell.. but anyways...if you guys can beat the suns, then props to you because they're better for now...
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:50 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yall need to know, two years ago when we didnt have phil and all we had was odom, butler, and kobe....we stayed close with the phoenix suns. we had 2 games where we lost by 5 and we led in one whole game only to allow amare to score a few more points in the end aqnd we lost a close one.

Either way with Nash on the suns, everyone does well and still averages 110 ppg.

i mean shoot with amare and without amare they still averaged 110 + ppg.

the only thing amare brings extra besides points is rebounds and blocks.

thats all really. we still have a good shot at them.

Kwame is also a great defender and we can use him on D against amare.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:20 AM   #8
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

I concur...

If Kwame's D has improved as we hope it has, he should do quite well against Amare as he is quick enough to keep up with him... well at least the old Amare... we dont even know if he will be as quick as he was... I suspect from his injury that he will have lost a step.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:36 AM   #9
The Laker Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
so what help would you like to have if you were asked????

at this point...little help...

back-up PG, Harrington, back-up PF, maybe a back-up C but maybe not so....

Basically make a stronger Point Guard line-up, stronger Small Forward line-up, and a little stronger Power Forward line-up....

Better back-up for Vlad and Odom and replacement or better back-up for Smushy so...

But this is just me....
Old 07-14-2006, 02:34 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I concur...

If Kwame's D has improved as we hope it has, he should do quite well against Amare as he is quick enough to keep up with him... well at least the old Amare... we dont even know if he will be as quick as he was... I suspect from his injury that he will have lost a step.

there is a long list of stars that havent recovered from that knee problem ever.

Jason kidd
Allan Houston
Chris Webber
Penny Hardaway
jamaal magloire
jonathan bender

just to name a few.....
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:00 AM   #11
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far
Default Phoenix?

Rich Bucher from ESPN reported that Amare has been unimpressive in S.L. play and has looked very slow and timid. Not what you want out of your superstar. Nash is going to have to play at a high level again this year and they are going to have to expect big things out of Barbosa. They have no backup for Nash and I believe he'll wear down. The Lakers would win a series this season with the Suns.

I still think the Mavs are the team to beat in the West since they haven't lost anyone key to their team. Let's hope Odom settles in and can recover from his tragic loss (his son), Kwame needs to step it up and the rest of the bunch needs to be able to support and not disappear. I think Smush had his "rookie" time in the playoffs and will be better this year, but they need some stability behind him. Farmer looks like the real deal, but he needs a year in the system and McKie/Sasha combo doesn't worry anyone.

I'm VERY excited about the season starting.

GO LAKAS!!!!!
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:17 AM   #12
The Laker Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Yall need to know, two years ago when we didnt have phil and all we had was odom, butler, and kobe....we stayed close with the phoenix suns. we had 2 games where we lost by 5 and we led in one whole game only to allow amare to score a few more points in the end aqnd we lost a close one.

Either way with Nash on the suns, everyone does well and still averages 110 ppg.

i mean shoot with amare and without amare they still averaged 110 + ppg.

the only thing amare brings extra besides points is rebounds and blocks.

thats all really. we still have a good shot at them.

All I know is that I have enough confidence in this team...if they stay health and get the points that they are supposed to get...that they can go to the WCF...for sure...Hornets are gonna compete and so are Mavs, Spurs, Clippers maybe, and Suns...maybe...and so from all that I think if Phil can teach them the game and they can get the points they deserve and if everyone can pass the ball and hit their shots...and rebound and everything else...we can get to the WCF for sure...maybe the Finals too....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: