Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    So when he was 29 he was immature but when he turned 30 he matured?O ok. I didn't know you could turn maturity on like a light switch.
    Yeah, I don't really get this one either.

So when he was 29 he was immature but when he turned 30 he matured?O ok. I didn't know you could turn maturity on like a light switch.
    i wudnt say he was immature up until 29 but b4 garnet and co came, it was just pierce on a shitty team so what do u expect him to do

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

O I completely agree.I was being sarcastic.He didn't all of a sudden become mature.He got some players around him and realized he didnt have to settle for just getting good stats.He saw light at the end of the tunnel and that light wasn't maturity....it was the diamonds on that championship ring.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default Re: The Mike D'antoni Thread

I figured I should change the thread title for this playoff series.

This series will be the judgment of whether D'antoni should stay or go.

If it's a competitive series and the Knicks lose because of Boston's experience, and home court advantage, then I will personally give him a pass, as long as he allows our GM to make corrections to the roster that reflects our biggest weakness.....rebounding and interior defense.

If we get outclassed and waxed off the court, then he should go, and I do think the players will not hold back from saying what happened out there.

D'antoni's Knicks future is squarely invested in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    I figured I should change the thread title for this playoff series.

This series will be the judgment of whether D'antoni should stay or go.

If it's a competitive series and the Knicks lose because of Boston's experience, and home court advantage, then I will personally give him a pass, as long as he allows our GM to make corrections to the roster that reflects our biggest weakness.....rebounding and interior defense.

If we get outclassed and waxed off the court, then he should go, and I do think the players will not hold back from saying what happened out there.

D'antoni's Knicks future is squarely invested in this series.
    And that's a good thing.
    We should be in win-win situation.
    Put up a fight (maybe even pass) or be swept what means that D'Antoni is gone.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

We have been thoroughly outcoached in the first 2 games in Boston.

I think D'Antoni will stay here for another season

what are our chances at chris paul

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    what are our chances at chris paul
    I don't know but I would rather sign a good center and a few role players than another superstar.

I want Paul because he's a great pg,not because he's a superstar.For instance,I'm not all that amped about the possibility of getting Dwight Howard.I'd take a great pg over a great center any day.Not saying Paul is better than Dwight at all though.

As for Mike's coaching now,I actually like his motion offense.Guys come flying around screens almost like a college team.He and Melo devised a perfect scheme for beating the double team.It was a point where there was nothing they could do to stop us.It's when we start over dribbling is when we get into trouble.

As for the bad stuff.His substitution patterns are terrible.He should have taken out douglas when Rondo was destroying him but then again,he doesn't care about defense anyway.Both Williams didn't play enough IMO.Of course we made no adjustments to stop Pierce or Allen.

I want Paul because he's a great pg,not because he's a superstar.For instance,I'm not all that amped about the possibility of getting Dwight Howard.I'd take a great pg over a great center any day.Not saying Paul is better than Dwight at all though.

As for Mike's coaching now,I actually like his motion offense.Guys come flying around screens almost like a college team.He and Melo devised a perfect scheme for beating the double team.It was a point where there was nothing they could do to stop us.It's when we start over dribbling is when we get into trouble.

As for the bad stuff.His substitution patterns are terrible.He should have taken out douglas when Rondo was destroying him but then again,he doesn't care about defense anyway.Both Williams didn't play enough IMO.Of course we made no adjustments to stop Pierce or Allen.
    I disagree with taking a great PG over a great C especially now when there is a lack of great centers in the league.

Take the Magic for example. Dwight Howard is the best center in the league, and with an average PG(Jameer Nelson) they were able to make it to the NBA finals. The team they lost to didn't have a great PG either, I can't remember if Bynum played in that series but if not I definetly remember Gasol being key to their win. I could make a case for Bynums importance too because when he returned from injury this season the Lakers went from being average(on their standards) to dominant.

I'm not saying PG's aren't important. I consider it the second most important postion in basketball right behind C. I'm just saying if I had to build a team in the NBA I would pick Center first.

Bynum,Lopez and Howard are the only true centers in the league.You can get a good PF and a serviceable big man beside him nowadays.The Lakers are the only team without a good PG to win a championship in the last decade.

Bynum,Lopez and Howard are the only true centers in the league.You can get a good PF and a serviceable big man beside him nowadays.The Lakers are the only team without a good PG to win a championship in the last decade.
    You have to have a good PG to win. I never said you didn't. I still think having a good center is more important. As you said, there aren't many true centers in the league. That makes them more valuable and if you have one you are at an immediate advantage. Many teams have good PG's in the NBA today. The position has evolved and is only getting stronger. What happens when 2 teams with good PG's verse eachother? If you have the dominant guy to protect the paint, get the boards, and open up the perimeter for the shooters then you can afford to have Jameer Nelson as your PG going up against Rajon Rondo for example.

Many of the past 10 champions did have legit centers though. The Lakers and Heat had Shaq in their front court when they won. The Spurs had Duncan and Robinson.

NBA rookie of the year

Bogut's a true center.

O yea I forgot about that dude lmao I forget Milwaukee even exists sometimes.